Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Prizes! oh yes! Please Please tell us more. When will the drawing take place? What prizes will we be wishing to win? Should we bring the payment in person to the meeting to ensure it's entered? Do we get a raffle ticket? :-D YES!

Thanks

I was mistaken, the raffle is for everyone who gets their dues in by November 1.

Please mail your dues; we always have a lot to do before, during and after the meetings [pin matches starting in October, safety course, replacing cards, usual admin work, etc]

Is the gate broken? I can't seem to get in. Hopefully a member comes by soon lol.

Edit :!worked

Last edited:
Are you in they grey pickup on the wide 50?
Are you swiping your card on the card reader, vs. one of the utility boxes mounted on the gate?

If your card doesn't work at outdoor range, please try it on the indoor range card readers. Contact the e-board if your card is dead.

Are you in they grey pickup on the wide 50?
Are you swiping your card on the card reader, vs. one of the utility boxes mounted on the gate?

If your card doesn't work at outdoor range, please try it on the indoor range card readers. Contact the e-board if your card is dead.

thanks no, i saw the pickup and i was about to beep but after a few minutes it worked. This card has acted up on the indoor range also. Always works but sometimes takes a while. Just mine?

Anyone know how long it takes to become a member, once you drop off the forum and $25.00 check.

Dean

It takes a while. As noted, applications are read before the membership at the monthly meeting - 1st Sunday of the month. This is fairly routine.

Over the course of the next week or so, the club recording secretary will contact those who have been voted in, and provide information on how/when to show up for orientation [4th Sunday of the month].

Orientation takes about 90 minutes; you'll get your access card, a copy of our range rules and other information. It's also where you'll pay the balance of your dues.

Are the dues still pro-rated based on when you join? I know the initiation fee is $150.00 or so but, will a new member joining in November still pay the full yearly dues?

Thanks, I have a potential new member asking.

Steel plate match this Sunday at Outdoor range.

Setup starts at 9, first shots at 10.

Rules posted on prior page, and on the club website.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is the place or if it's even worth mentioning, but I saw an open (used?) condom by the small 100 yrd range, on the asphalt near the target line and debris. Either someone's doing the dirty birdy or folks have some sick choice of targets. If it's the former, come on guys, we're sharing the same space here. At least throw the thing away!

Don't know if this is the place or if it's even worth mentioning, but I saw an open (used?) condom by the small 100 yrd range, on the asphalt near the target line and debris. Either someone's doing the dirty birdy or folks have some sick choice of targets. If it's the former, come on guys, we're sharing the same space here. At least throw the thing away!
At least there're practicing safety first. Lmfao

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

images

lol lets go to the tape

Hi all.
November's monthly meeting is tomorrow at 10AM [remember to set clocks back an hour]
In addition to normal business, *everyone* who has paid their dues by tomorrow has been entered into a raffle. Prizes include Zeiss binoculars, gift cards, Browning knife sets, and a shockingly nice 28 gauge SKB shotgun.

Indoor bowling pin shoot to follow the meeting, in the West range.

Safety course to follow meeting, in the clubhouse.

Tomorrow will be a busy day.

Bender, whenever you have a chance, could you please explain how the "rifle shoot" on 11th works? Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have a copy of the match rules here; they should be posted at the clubhouse. I will try to get the full rules and post them.

If I recall properly, course of fire is 20 rounds offhand, no sling.

ANNUAL LEO DENNEN MEMORIAL RIFLE MATCH

This match is dedicated to the memory of Leo Dennen (1927-1998), Club member, range officer, and all around supporter of the Taunton Rifle & Pistol Club. Leo shot in every rifle, pistol, military, or black powder match held by this club during his membership. Additionally, Leo attended evey work party needed, right up until his death. His presence is missed but surely not forgotten - Dave Levesque

WHEN: Tuesday November 11th, 10AM to 2PM rain or shine

WHERE: Taunton Rifle & Pistol Club outdoor range in Raynham MA

COURSE OF FIRE: 20 shots total, fired standing, offhand, on two targets

TARGETS: This is a 100 yard match using 100 yard military bullseye targets with 6" black centers.

EQUIPMENT: any USA or foreign military rifle with original barrel, stock, and issue type iron sights. Also, commercial military sporter rifles like AR-15, AK-47, mini 14, SKS, HK-91/93, FAL, CETME may be used but no target or match grade rifles allowed.

NOT ALLOWED: No match, NM or target grade rifles allowed
No optical sights (scopes, red dots, laser sights, etc)
No spotting scopes or others spotting for you
No slings allowed in use

SAFETY: All general safety and club rules apply. Eye and ear protection mandatory. Range safe chamber flags to be used when carrying firearms on / off the shooting line. Yes, they are avialable from the club if you don't have any. Club range safety officers have control fo the range at all times.

ENTRY FEE: $5 per rifle. You may only fire one match per rifle. Your highest score fired will count for match score.

PRIZE: The first and secon dplace winners will have their names engraved on the Leo Dennen Memorial plaque in the clubhouse. All range fees will be donated to local veteran's group.

I felt like I had say that the Taunton R&P club is the best club that I have had the privilege of being a member of. I have only been a member for a short time ( about 3 yrs.). Tonight I got chance to shoot. Life has been busy family & work. I got a chance to shoot with my buddy John. We had some laughs. We met a new member his wife and two sons. Good people we BS for awhile and shot each others guns. Good time I told him about NES hopefully he becomes a member. He likes the club. If he is on tonight nice meeting you I will see you at the club.

I am trying to find some information on the club. My wife and I are a 50 year old couple looking for a place to shoot. We are using pistols currently. I see 2 separate locations one a pistol range and the other an outdoor range? I have a quick question does either location allow drawing from a holster to shoot?

Thanks John

Back
Top Bottom