Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Bones - no, that doesn't mean your app has been rejected.

If you go back through the thread a bit, you'll see this question [or a minor variant] comes up weekly.

In short, TRPC currently uses paper based applicant tracking; the people who handle new memberships are volunteers, and most have a job [or two] and family. Things have also slowed due to blizzard.

Mailing it on the 28th was cutting it close, but if you were read at the meeting, you should reasonably expect to hear from the e-board this week. It may be an e-mail or a letter.

Regards,
-Ben

I mailed mine with cash about a week and a half prior to 2/1 meeting, A) hoping cash ok and B) hoping i hear back soon cause i need some practice!

I mailed mine with cash about a week and a half prior to 2/1 meeting, A) hoping cash ok and B) hoping i hear back soon cause i need some practice!

You should take this up with club representatives ASAP. I remember reading somewhere that cash is NOT taken as dues. They just put it towards the club as a donation. I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't wanna see someone mistakenly paying more then they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and a friend put our applications in on February 1st while we attended the meeting. We were told the orientation we need to attend will be on the 22nd of this month. Seemed like a great group of guys. While checking out the place a group was having a bowling pin shoot. They allowed me and my friend to join in even though we weren't officially members yet. What a great group of guys!

You should take this up with club representatives ASAP. I remember reading somewhere that cash is NOT taken as dues. They just put it towards the club as a donation. I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't wanna see someone mistakenly paying more then they should.

Thankfully I called this afternoon after reading your post and spoke to the Pres., he looked into it for me and just received an email saying I was infact accepted. The email does state however to bring the initiation/dues fees in form of check or money order and cash will NOT be accepted, phew! Will be there on the 22nd

Thankfully I called this afternoon after reading your post and spoke to the Pres., he looked into it for me and just received an email saying I was infact accepted. The email does state however to bring the initiation/dues fees in form of check or money order and cash will NOT be accepted, phew! Will be there on the 22nd

Alright, good. They're easy guys to work with - figured you'd end up being OK.

Received my acceptance email today. I can't attend this months orientation due to prior commitment but I will definitely be at next months. Looking forward to it.

Is there any written confirmation of a membership renewal?

No. Your card continues to work.

There was a 2nd notice sent earlier this year to folks who hadn't renewed, just in case of mail trouble, changes of address, or 'oops, forgot that bill'.

If you haven't heard from TRPC, and you sent in dues, you are good.

Regards,
-Ben

Me and a friend put our applications in on February 1st while we attended the meeting. We were told the orientation we need to attend will be on the 22nd of this month. Seemed like a great group of guys. While checking out the place a group was having a bowling pin shoot. They allowed me and my friend to join in even though we weren't officially members yet. What a great group of guys!

Welcome to the club. You guys were shooting the beretta then?

FYI everyone, right now the outdoor range is in accessible unless you bring a plow or snow blower.

Indoor range "liquid" seemed to be slow or not flowing in lanes 3-5ish. Anyone have update?

It's an incredible pain to clean the spray bars which distribute the cutting fluid across the top part of the lower ramp. It requires pressure washing, and its been bitter cold for the past....winter.

Please continue to use the range as normal.

Announcement from Eric:

Outdoor range driveway is plowed.

A path has been plowed to the end of the wide 50, a parking area has been cleared, and the range is open and accessible.

From Eric:

Taunton Rifle and Pistol will be hosting an update for Mass gun owners on about the recent changes to current gun laws. Jon Green from GOAL will be presenting April 2nd starting at 6PM Everyone is welcome but we are limited to available seating. Please register ahead of time so there will be enough handouts for everyone.

Register by sending an e-mail to
[email protected] with the subject line "GOAL class registration".

The outdoor range was accessible this afternoon thanks to whatever hero plowed it along with the 50 yard range walkway. Whoever you are you're the MAN. I've been dying to get out to the outdoor range these past couple weeks. Thank you.

Went out to the outdoor range this afternoon, kudo's to whomever plowed it out. Heading out the driveway was a little icy, definitely should have 4 or all wheel drive. Bring boots, it's slushy around the gate. The 50 is plowed down the left side to access targets and you can kinda wade out to set them in front of the back-stop.

TRPC Outdoor Range March 6.jpg TRPC Outdoor Range March 6b.jpg

And my new Tikka T3 was awesome - Thanks Dave!!!

question, i saw that this weekend there is a GOAL event
GOAL Scholastic Pistol Program Coming
Soon

The Gun Owners Action League will be conducting an
introduction to the Scholastic Pistol Program for youths age 12 through collage
age on March 22, 2015 starting at 10am at the outdoor range facility, 425
Titicut Rd., Raynham. This is a speed shooting course involving steel targets.
All equipment will be provided by GOAL.

will that shut down the whole out door range or just the wide short one? Thinking about meeting up with someone there, but if half the place is shut down it might not be worth it

This should only take one range, most likely the narrow 100 Yard [where we run other action shoots]

ok, assumed it would the wide 50 but as long as its only one there should be plenty of room for other fun. thanks ill tell the other guys we are still good to go (hopefully we will spend the better part of the morning doing trap anyway)

ok, assumed it would the wide 50 but as long as its only one there should be plenty of room for other fun. thanks ill tell the other guys we are still good to go (hopefully we will spend the better part of the morning doing trap anyway)

Not sure if the trap house/ range is cleaned out yet.

question, i saw that this weekend there is a GOAL event
GOAL Scholastic Pistol Program Coming
Soon

The Gun Owners Action League will be conducting an
introduction to the Scholastic Pistol Program for youths age 12 through collage
age on March 22, 2015 starting at 10am at the outdoor range facility, 425
Titicut Rd., Raynham. This is a speed shooting course involving steel targets.
All equipment will be provided by GOAL.

will that shut down the whole out door range or just the wide short one? Thinking about meeting up with someone there, but if half the place is shut down it might not be worth it

Any details on this? Just show with your kid? Is there a fee? Sounds like something I wish my dad would have taken me to lol

I hope my app get accepted it for me to drive to a message from Dighton

I hope my application to the club gets accepted... stop

It is a long way for me to drive from Dighton. ..stop

The chair is against the wall... stop

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Back
Top Bottom