Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Does Taunton require you to be an NRA member or GOAL member to join?

No, TRPC doesn't require membership in either.

ETA: If you send your application in now, it should reach the e-board in time to be read at this Sunday's monthly meeting and voted upon by the membership. If you don't get your application to the club in time, it will take another month to join.

Anyone know if there is a Leo Dennen Military Rifle Shoot tomorrow, didn't see anything listed on the TRPC site for this year

Anyone know if there is a Leo Dennen Military Rifle Shoot tomorrow, didn't see anything listed on the TRPC site for this year

It's happening.
Outdoor range, wide 100 yard bay. 20 shots at 2 targets offhand. Pretty much any military rifle permitted [American or otherwise], no optics permitted.

Starts at 11 AM.

Last edited:
Quick reminder - the final plate shoot of the year is this Sunday. Show up and have fun. It is a challenge.

Eye & ear protection required for all in match area
NO LOADED FIREARMS until on the line
Position on relay determined by lottery
Once eliminated, you can sign up for an additional relay
Range officer will give range commands and be the judge of the match

Course of fire: Shooter will load 6 rounds on command and reload as necessary
After the command of “shooters ready” a horn will sound
From low ready engage all plates - STOP plate must be shot last
Reloads are permitted but no more than 6 rounds in a gun at any time
On range officer’s command, shooters will show clear

Qualifications: Centerfire handguns only - any safe handgun allowed
Any safe ammo allowed - any sights allowed - holsters allowed, not required
Shooters on relay are encouraged to help relay run quickly by picking brass, etc
Each shooter will receive up to two token gifts per day
First place wins $15, second place wins $5
All piano tuners will have 6 plates
NO NEW YORK RELOADS ALLOWED

Hey Bender might you know if it is ok to set up a chronograph indoors? Getting a little cold out. It would be nice to get some readings in warmth.

Excellent timing; if you show up on a Tuesday night between 7 and 9 PM, there will be a match. Several members of the executive board will be present, you will be able to access the clubhouse [ordinarily locked, as our facilities are not open to the public] and any questions you may have will be addressed.

Me and a buddy are looking into joining the Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club. Is there anyway to go check it out before making a decision?

I talked to my buddy and we are planning on showing up this Tuesday. I like the idea of being open 24hrs. With kids it's hard to get to the range before dusk sometimes. Thanks Bender

I sent in my membership renewal when the notice came in in September and see that the check was cashed but I never received any confirmation. Should I be concerned?

I sent in my membership renewal when the notice came in in September and see that the check was cashed but I never received any confirmation. Should I be concerned?

No. No cause for concern; everyone who sent in renewal / leave of absence request was processed by 1 January. Folks who hadn't managed to send in renewals or contact the board otherwise were sent a second notice earlier this week.

I ended up having to stop by and talk to the pres because I couldn't remember if I ever mail the check... if you are worried they do have a list of unpaid (at least they did during January s meeting)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Anyone know if letters for invites to the newly accepted members will go out this week for the January 25th orientation. Also, anyone know what start time and how long the orientation lasts.

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Orientation takes about 90 minutes. TRPC runs two sessions on Sunday.

Anyone know if letters for invites to the newly accepted members will go out this week for the January 25th orientation. Also, anyone know what start time and how long the orientation lasts.

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Bender,

Thank you again for your quick reply. Man you are good when it comes to replies!!
I assume letters will be received this week for invites. As you can tell, I'm really looking forward to becoming a new member. I've heard nothing but good things about TRPC.

Bender,

Thank you again for your quick reply. Man you are good when it comes to replies!!
I assume letters will be received this week for invites. As you can tell, I'm really looking forward to becoming a new member. I've heard nothing but good things about TRPC.

You should be! This is a great club.

Trying to decide between Taunton and Mansfield but found out that Mansfield currently doesn't have an indoor facility, now leaning towards Taunton. I joined Holbrook last year but due to conflicting work schedule was unable to get the required signatures in order to become full member. Is Taunton accepting new members and if so what do I have to do in order to make it happen? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom