Range officer will give range commands and be the judge of the match

Course of fire: Shooter will load 6 rounds on command and reload as necessary
After the command of “shooters ready” a horn will sound
From low ready engage all plates - STOP plate must be shot last
Reloads are permitted but no more than 6 rounds in a gun at any time
On range officer’s command, shooters will show clear

Qualifications: Centerfire handguns only - any safe handgun allowed
Any safe ammo allowed - any sights allowed - holsters allowed, not required
Shooters on relay are encouraged to help relay run quickly by picking brass, etc
Each shooter will receive up to two token gifts per day
First place wins $15, second place wins $5
All piano tuners will have 6 plates
NO NEW YORK RELOADS ALLOWED
Free entry with purchase of 4 raffle tickets

Eye & ear protection required for all in match area
NO LOADED FIREARMS until on the line
Position on relay determined by lottery
Once eliminated, you can sign up for an additional relay
Range officer will give range commands and be the judge of the match

Course of fire: Shooter will load 6 rounds on command and reload as necessary
After the command of “shooters ready” a horn will sound
From low ready engage all plates - STOP plate must be shot last
Reloads are permitted but no more than 6 rounds in a gun at any time
On range officer’s command, shooters will show clear

Qualifications: Centerfire handguns only - any safe handgun allowed
Any safe ammo allowed - any sights allowed - holsters allowed, not required
Shooters on relay are encouraged to help relay run quickly by picking brass, etc
Each shooter will receive up to two token gifts per day
First place wins $15, second place wins $5
All piano tuners will have 6 plates
NO NEW YORK RELOADS ALLOWED
Free entry with purchase of 4 raffle tickets

Ben have you done one before? what do you think for approx. round count?

Had a great time want meet some more members. Need to get a lot more range time before the next try though. It's good to practice with the carry guns anyway

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

You did a hell of a job with that pocket gun. Thanks for helping with the setup.

Had a great time want meet some more members. Need to get a lot more range time before the next try though. It's good to practice with the carry guns anyway

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Would this Friday be a good day to bring in the application?

Your best bet is to mail the application to PO Box 1012. If you do that, you can be certain that the appropriate person receives your application.

If you show up and try to hand it to someone, will you be certain that you're dealing with the right person?

In other news, dues notices are in the mail. If you receive one, please be certain to read it completely.

Avastan - good morning.

2,500 annual notices to members that their dues must be paid have been dispatched via mail. The dues notice has a number of relevant instructions, such as 'return this, even if you don't owe money', and 'return this with your check if you do owe money'.

The annual news letter is also enclosed. Perhaps this link will work...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2IqMvz_ZrRd3dkTHRKejBiRkU/edit?usp=sharing

Your best bet is to mail the application to PO Box 1012. If you do that, you can be certain that the appropriate person receives your application.

If you show up and try to hand it to someone, will you be certain that you're dealing with the right person?

In other news, dues notices are in the mail. If you receive one, please be certain to read it completely.

I just got my dues notice today. I see my email is wrong should I just correct it on the form?

hmm mailing in my app today, maybe i should have toured the facilities first but oh well the pictures on the site seem sufficient and I got very useful rules feedback about the outdoor range from the President of the club itself earlier this month.

Last edited:
Just received my invoice today.

Email Address was blank as well. Will write it in. Home Phone was wrong.

Additionally my address was completely messed up. It stated my Name, House #, but the street was my town. The next line was zip, state, cell number. Ex:

Mr. John Doe
1234 Anytown MA
02780, MA 555555123 (yes.. missing one digit from a complete number)

I'm grateful to the postal service for "finding" me. As it should have been 1234 Anystreet ST

Another item of note: It's clearly stated "Any dues Post Marked after December 31, 2014 will be REFUSED...."
This is a change from what the website stated in the past. It might be wise to update the site and PDF. Which mentions arrears and the fact that it "could affect your status"

http://www.tauntonrifleandpistol.org/membership.htm

and

http://www.tauntonrifleandpistol.org/LOST INVOICE.pdf

At the top of the Invoice it states, E-MAIL - WWW.TAUNTONRIFLEANDPISTOL.ORG obviously not an email, would not have pointed it out except the letter states "use the club E-Mail address" Easy enough to find on the website I guess.

Lastly... I'm not understanding why the form states "Spouse $25.00" yet the membership is "family membership (your spouse and children who are under age 21)...."
Does this mean those with a spouse that's under 21 is included and over 21 they have to pay? :)
I'm actually guessing it means if your spouse wanted an access card and the ability to go alone?

Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited:
Just received my invoice today.

Email Address was blank as well. Will write it in. Home Phone was wrong.

Additionally my address was completely messed up. It stated my Name, House #, but the street was my town. The next line was zip, state, cell number. Ex:

Mr. George Franklin
4539 E Taunton Ma
02780, MA 617555123 (yes.. missing one digit from a complete number)

I'm grateful to the postal service for "finding" me. As it should have been 4539 Staples Street

Another item of note: It's clearly stated "Any dues Post Marked after December 31, 2014 will be REFUSED...."
This is a change from what the website stated in the past. It might be wise to update the site and PDF. Which mentions arrears and the fact that it "could affect your status"

http://www.tauntonrifleandpistol.org/membership.htm

and

http://www.tauntonrifleandpistol.org/LOST INVOICE.pdf

At the top of the Invoice it states, E-MAIL - WWW.TAUNTONRIFLEANDPISTOL.ORG obviously not an email, would not have pointed it out except the letter states "use the club E-Mail address" Easy enough to find on the website I guess.

Lastly... I'm not understanding why the form states "Spouse $25.00" yet the membership is "family membership (your spouse and children who are under age 21)...."
Does this mean those with a spouse that's under 21 is included and over 21 they have to pay? :)
I'm actually guessing it means if your spouse wanted an access card and the ability to go alone?

Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks

Jeff

I'm pretty sure the $25.00 for a spouse is if he/she wants their own key. If so, they pay an extra $25.00 and have to go to orientation. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure about the kids and age.

hmm mailing in my app today, maybe i should have toured the facilities first but oh well the pictures on the site seem sufficient and I got very useful rules feedback about the outdoor range from the President of the club itself earlier this month.

you wont regret it, its a great club and has all you need 24 hr indoor access and a great outdoor

Anyone here have a spare 1911 mag release screw? Ordered a new mag release and the screw ( with the tab ) was not included.

I'll buy, barter, borrow, etc..

Thanks.

1911 Screw

Depending your your distance, I would check with your local gun shops. The shop I use in Rehoboth does onsite builds and may have parts for 1911.

Bay State Trading Post
Rehoboth, MA

http://facebook.com/baystatetradingpost
www.baystatetradingpost.com

If the store isn't close, I'm sure others may be able to help.

Anyone here have a spare 1911 mag release screw? Ordered a new mag release and the screw ( with the tab ) was not included.

Thanks.

I've called a few shops, but no one , and it puzzles me as it's a 100 yr old design, stocks 1911 parts.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try Bay State.

Thanks.
I probably have one I can send you. PM me with your address, and remind me if you don't get a confirmation tonight. The only thing is the ones I have have a torx or spline (not sure which) head rather than slotted, though a small screwdriver still works.

Hi, I've been wanting a Kahr PM9 for CCW, and I've been doing my research online. After lots of reading and YouTube videos, I still want it, but I would really like to get some first hand experience before I pull the trigger [grin]

I'm just wondering, will any club member who owns a PM9 be kind enough to show me how it's like at the range, either indoor or outdoor, and let me shoot a few rounds with it? I'll of course bring my own ammo, and I'll share my 92FS if you are interested [smile]

Thanks in advance for your help!

Anyone in the position to help a fellow member? Thx!

Maybe no one that is a member owns a pm9 or those that do don't come on here. .

Sounds like you've already made up your mind . Worst case, sell it

Maybe no one that is a member owns a pm9 or those that do don't come on here. .

Sounds like you've already made up your mind . Worst case, sell it

You are probably right. I'm waiting for a deal to show up in classifieds here, thought to give it a shot. Thx.

Back
Top Bottom