Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Hi. Yes, TRPC is accepting applications.
http://tauntonrifleandpistol.org/membership.htm

Applicants are read before the membership at each monthly meeting and voted on. So, fill out the application, mail it in with a check, and wait. Next monthly meeting is on February 1; after that, applicants who are accepted will be contacted by a member of the executive board and receive more information about orientation [generally held on 3rd sunday of the month].

TRPC currently has two indoor ranges with a total of 21 lanes, each of which is a maximum of 50 feet. The indoor facility is open 24/7.

Hi. Yes, TRPC is accepting applications.
http://tauntonrifleandpistol.org/membership.htm

Applicants are read before the membership at each monthly meeting and voted on. So, fill out the application, mail it in with a check, and wait. Next monthly meeting is on February 1; after that, applicants who are accepted will be contacted by a member of the executive board and receive more information about orientation [generally held on 3rd sunday of the month].

TRPC currently has two indoor ranges with a total of 21 lanes, each of which is a maximum of 50 feet. The indoor facility is open 24/7.
Thanks much! Is NRA and/or Goal membership a requirement?

I just joined and think it's great. Was there today and aside from 2 women shooting together had the range to myself. Have toured the outdoor range and looking forward to that.

Neither is required.

One thing that I didn't mention is applicants must be eligible to obtain a firearm license - no prohibited persons, pending charges, drug addicts, etc. I don't suspect that will pose a problem.
Great. Last question but am I able to apply without a sponsor?

The Corps told me last fall I was better to sit this one out. When the Gunny at HQMC stopped laughing he told me I might be able to get all the waivers approved in time for the next war, but don't count on it.

As far as I know it is. I remember at one of the monthly meetings them telling us how much they made. I think it is done quarterly?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Hi all.

The access road to the outdoor range has been plowed. However, the range itself is still covered in snow from the blizzard.

Additionally, the access road is on a hill, and can get icy. This is real life, please don't attempt to use the outdoor range right now unless you have a vehicle which can handle these conditions.

Tickle - that's not quite how things work.

As an applicant, you're welcome to attend the meeting, but *not* vote.
Near the end of the meeting, applications received over the month will be read before the membership, who will then vote to approve or reject.

AFTER THAT, approved applicants will be contacted by the E-board and given further information re: orientation, usually held on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Hello,
I've mailed my application in today. I realize it may be cutting it close to the next meeting. Not sure if this is enough time to be reviewed but sounds like a great club either way. Thanks.

Hi all.

The access road to the outdoor range has been plowed. However, the range itself is still covered in snow from the blizzard. ....

Thanks Bender,
I expect things haven't improved with this second storm and 2 more on the way. Is this the best place to be updated on the range status? I just got a T3 in 270 win and I'd like to sight it in.

MRW - if you have a 4x4, a lifted pickup, or a snow mobile, you may be able to access the range. I haven't been there since Sunday, due to real life.

Thanks Bender. I have an old Bronco on 35" tires that could get in there without trouble. We'll see how this next storm treats us. And if you guys might have a work party to clean things up a bit, I'd try to make myself available to help.

Yeah, PM me for the next clean up. Would love to help. Also do you think we will ever be able to shoot center fire rifles and shotguns indoors?

Shotguns (and shot shells for matter) no way in hell. I don't think it will ever change because if they ever allow pistol cartridge rifles to be used, someone will see that and bring in a Ak with steal core in the next day.... it's safer (but still sucks) to say no long guns (except rim fires).

Believe me, I would love to be able to use my hipoint carbine inside but I doubt it will change

Shotguns (and shot shells for matter) no way in hell. I don't think it will ever change because if they ever allow pistol cartridge rifles to be used, someone will see that and bring in a Ak with steal core in the next day.... it's safer (but still sucks) to say no long guns (except rim fires).

Believe me, I would love to be able to use my hipoint carbine inside but I doubt it will change

You're totally right. All you need is ONE guy to be running the wrong stuff and the bullet trap will be Swiss cheese before anybody notices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mailed an application in on 1/28. Looks like check was cashed 2/2. I haven't heard any word if the application was read. Does this mean the application was rejected if I haven't heard anything by now?

Back
Top Bottom