Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Going to try my hand at the pin shoot tomorrow .

If anyone here shoots in the twin county pistol league and is at the pin shoot, please introduce yourself. I'd like to start shooting, and have a few questions before I start.

Going to try my hand at the pin shoot tomorrow .

If anyone here shoots in the twin county pistol league and is at the pin shoot, please introduce yourself. I'd like to start shooting, and have a few questions before I start.

I believe George and Rich usually run the pin shoot and they are on the Taunton Black Pistol Team. George is the captain, both guys are nice and extremely helpful. I might try and swing down tomorrow.

I shoot on the blue team if your interested come down on Tuesday night and I or anyone else will help you get started. Feel free to pm me for details...although if you choose the black te they bring much better donuts to the matches..

Quick reminder - ranges are closed during the work party tomorrow morning. Everyone who has shown up to help maintain and improve things, thanks. Many hands make light work.

Heading up to the indoor range in a little while to try out the new 1911. If anyone is up there feel free to say hi. Bringing my friend who bought a new Shield and wants to try it out (he's new to guns)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

Heading up to the indoor range in a little while to try out the new 1911. If anyone is up there feel free to say hi. Bringing my friend who bought a new Shield and wants to try it out (he's new to guns)

id head down if I could. I just picked up some +p I wanna run a few threw my shield

Anyone done the pin shoot yet? Is it.22 only?

Last edited:
Retro- which 1911 ?

Am13- yes, the pin shoot is .22 only. It was my first pin shoot ( first shoot of any kind, as I usually just punch holes in paper ) but I will say that you should have at least 2 mags ( 3 would be best ) and 100rds. Good times, cheap ammo, and lots of laughs.

S&W E-series bobtail 4.25". Shot great... was there from about 10 til 1 am. Had my 686 and my friend has a new 9mm Shield with crimson trace laser that we gave a whirl. Good stuff.

Can someone tell me if it's acceptable or not to use the trap range with a hand held thrower? Might head down today.

Hopefully someone can chime in before then.

Thank you.

then again, today the shotgun range should be open and everyone there (1000 till 1300 or so) depending on how many people show up. Hopefully, because I will be there with a freind today

Another great day at the 50 wide meeting some nes'ers. Thanks for letting me try some of your handguns. So many toys to buy, so little money

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Another great day at the 50 wide meeting some nes'ers. Thanks for letting me try some of your handguns. So many toys to buy, so little money

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I was at the 50wide until around noon. All long gun guys then.
I liked the golf bag my neighbor had.

Who is the guy roaming around with the Fannie pack bucket? Range Officer maybe?

I was at the 50wide until around noon. All long gun guys then.
I liked the golf bag my neighbor had.

Who is the guy roaming around with the Fannie pack bucket? Range Officer maybe?

i was the guy with the golf bag :)
8693266841_01dac1a10f_b.jpg

after you left we joined up with the guys down at the other end of the range and did some trade off (though mostly it was us trying their stuff, I REALLY need better toys)

missed the fannie pack bucket (though i do keep one in my golf bag with some ammo, snake, cleaner, laser boresighter, eyes and ears, and what not for a quick grab bag when i just want to run some rounds though my EDC.)

So to date I have only used the indoor range, but I just got a shotgun that I would like to try out so my question is what does the outdoor have as far as target holders if any?

So to date I have only used the indoor range, but I just got a shotgun that I would like to try out so my question is what does the outdoor have as far as target holders if any?

mostly random odds and ends. most shotgun guys buy a box of skeet and just place them on the berm (though that MAY be a violation of the rules). you can make a cheap one with a sheet of cardboard (or even a pizza box) and a peice of wood to hold it upright (its best to make a base for the wood to keep it from tipping over instead of relying on haveing something to lean it against)

I like throwing clays on the berm to shoot... didn't know it was possibly against the rules? I make sure they are at least 18" up off the ground and less than 4' high per the target height restrictions.

I like throwing clays on the berm to shoot... didn't know it was possibly against the rules? I make sure they are at least 18" up off the ground and less than 4' high per the target height restrictions.

the only reason i said that is that i THINK there is something about putting targets ON the berm??? Then again i think it was something about ricocets so not really a issue with shot shells, but the rule may still be there (though not enforced that I have seen)

FYI when i left the outdoor range noonish it was more empty then not. couldnt ask for a better day so i was suprrised there wasnt a few dozen people there...

I have shot clays on the berm with some of the senior guys watching and they said nothing about it. Although not conclusive I believe it is ok as long as you follow the 18" and 4' rule.

Back
Top Bottom