Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Was there this Sunday for orientation and they suggested clays on the berm (like you said following the height rules). But I'm just repeating what was told to us.

Didn't notice any Burnt carpet.

Lookin forward to the next nice day I can get out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need help to join the club

I'll soon become a LTC holder and I've set my mind on joining this great club after quite a bit research! Unfortunately, if I understand the application process correctly, I missed the E-Board meeting, which was held last night, by a day! In turn, I have to wait until next meeting on 04/30 for my application to be reviewed, but I can't wait!

I'm just wondering, is there anyone here can help me catch the missing boat so my application can be presented in Club meeting this Sunday (04/06)? Your help will be greatly appreciated!

I'll soon become a LTC holder and I've set my mind on joining this great club after quite a bit research! Unfortunately, if I understand the application process correctly, I missed the E-Board meeting, which was held last night, by a day! In turn, I have to wait until next meeting on 04/30 for my application to be reviewed, but I can't wait!

I'm just wondering, is there anyone here can help me catch the missing boat so my application can be presented in Club meeting this Sunday (04/06)? Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Get your application in by 9AM Sunday, in time for the meeting. It will be read and voted on by the membership.

-Ben
TRPC Range Officer

Get your application in by 9AM Sunday, in time for the meeting. It will be read and voted on by the membership.

-Ben
TRPC Range Officer

Thank you, Ben!

I can stop by either Friday evening or Saturday morning. Could you please let me know which is preferred and to whom should I turn in my paper?

Thank you, Ben!

I can stop by either Friday evening or Saturday morning. Could you please let me know which is preferred and to whom should I turn in my paper?

If you stop in Friday evening, there will be several folks gathered who can let you into the club house. Deposit your application through the mail slot in the office door. Otherwise, there is a black mailbox adjacent to the primary entrance - drop your application there. Failing that, SHOW UP to the meeting, approach e-board before meeting starts, say 'I want to join, here's my application'.

If you stop in Friday evening, there will be several folks gathered who can let you into the club house. Deposit your application through the mail slot in the office door. Otherwise, there is a black mailbox adjacent to the primary entrance - drop your application there. Failing that, SHOW UP to the meeting, approach e-board before meeting starts, say 'I want to join, here's my application'.

Will do. Thank you, Sir!

Love when people follow blatantly obvious/posted rules. Went to the indoor range with a friend pretty late (got there around midnight) and a couple of guys were there shooting. Targets were probably 10-15' away from the bench... not at the 25' minimum line. They started packing up when we were in the ready room. Guess they didn't see the big "ALL TARGETS MUST BE PLACED BEHIND RED LINE" directly in front of the. Dopes.

Love when people follow blatantly obvious/posted rules. Went to the indoor range with a friend pretty late (got there around midnight) and a couple of guys were there shooting. Targets were probably 10-15' away from the bench... not at the 25' minimum line. They started packing up when we were in the ready room. Guess they didn't see the big "ALL TARGETS MUST BE PLACED BEHIND RED LINE" directly in front of the. Dopes.

That's one rule id like to see go or at least a little closer. Unless your a noob or a
Horrible shot it shouldn't be an issue

PS it wasn't me [wink]

That's nothing. I leave the outdoor range shaking my head every time.

Also, just checked the trpc page and saw that today was the outdoor range clean up. I wish I had checked sooner, but had to burn some brush today.

Last edited:

Also, just checked the trpc page and saw that today was the outdoor range clean up. I wish I had checked sooner, but had to burn some brush today.

didnt get there until late, but they had a lot of debries burned on the wide 50 and wide 100 (not to mention a HUGE pile in the sand pit).

I love the place, but still uncomfortable going down range to set a zero on the grass on the outdoor ranges. I guess its just my programing..

25ft is fine,IMHO. I suck and I can keep em all on the page with a snubbie airweight on that line.

Sure, its a bit short for CQB stuff, and as much as I'd like to do draw and present drills, I think a club isn't the best place for it.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

I agree 25 ft isn't bad. I would like to be able to practice drawing from holster and doing close range but oh well, not a huge deal. Judging by the targets we had to take down that the two guys left behind, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn anyways.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

I agree 25 ft isn't bad. I would like to be able to practice drawing from holster and doing close range but oh well, not a huge deal. Judging by the targets we had to take down that the two guys left behind, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn anyways.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

thats the other reason i always take all my targets down or home... no proof...

Btw, anyway to turn of the lights on the indoor range? not for shooting but I want to re-aline some sights on a rifle to 3 and have a laser boresighter and would prefer to do it at 50' instead of 15' in the basement

thats the other reason i always take all my targets down or home... no proof...

Btw, anyway to turn of the lights on the indoor range? not for shooting but I want to re-aline some sights on a rifle to 3 and have a laser boresighter and would prefer to do it at 50' instead of 15' in the basement

Nope. Lights are on occupancy sensors and cannot be overridden by members.

Just go in the indoor range and get your rifle all set up and just wait, not moving at all, for about an hour or so until the sensors stop picking you up and then have at it [laugh]

Just go in the indoor range and get your rifle all set up and just wait, not moving at all, for about an hour or so until the sensors stop picking you up and then have at it [laugh]

You may think you're joking, but there are a few rifle shooters who have that happen. Timing on the east range lights is much less than an hour.

kope said:

If you see something unsafe or against the rules, please consider approaching and politely attempting to correct. Otherwise, please send an e-mail to the e-board with time, location, description of what is going on.

I love the place, but still uncomfortable going down range to set a zero on the grass on the outdoor ranges. I guess its just my programing..

25ft is fine,IMHO. I suck and I can keep em all on the page with a snubbie airweight on that line.

Sure, its a bit short for CQB stuff, and as much as I'd like to do draw and present drills, I think a club isn't the best place for it.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Agreed and keep in mind that quick draw firing from a holster is prohibited unless a RSO is present and supervising. http://tauntonrifleandpistol.org/TRPC Range Rules 2009.pdf pp. 9

Last edited:
While at the far left 50, heard something bark at me then saw something move at the top of the berm abutting the trap field. Climb to the top and see 2 fox kits running around. The den is under one of the containers.

Just an fyi in case someone walks near there .

Back
Top Bottom