• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

target sports usa

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be helpful if some here would post the shipping charges of a recent ammo purchase, including the weight and some indication of location-

Not recent (03/20/2018)
100 rounds 357 mag.
500 round bx 22lr
100 rounds 45acp
$12.30 for shipping to the ahhhmmm pit of mASS

Cmon 1000 rounds of 9mm gone in a month when shooting at the range. Buy a case and no shipping. I'm a Prime member and buy a lot when on sale and when a rebate! I also buy small amounts of carry ammo and no shipping. Great company!

Cmon 1000 rounds of 9mm gone in a month when shooting at the range. Buy a case and no shipping. I'm a Prime member and buy a lot when on sale and when a rebate! I also buy small amounts of carry ammo and no shipping. Great company!
Exactly. A 1,000 rounds of 9mm is not a lot. If you’re on a tight budget, then save up for a case. Makes no sense to buy 3-4 boxes at a time - especially if not a Prime member.

I gave them a shot and was happy so I may join prime. I just need to pick a range/club to join and start buying a little more than I shoot to stockpile!

wow I ordered a case of Blazer 124 yesterday at 2:00Pm (need some practice rounds for my carry guns)
UPS just dropped it off 5 minutes ago.
They are firing on all cylinders

Been wondering about just how good the pricing is when shipping is figured in-called the place and asked nice lady if there was a shipping estimator and was told that you have to add item to cart to be able to see what the cost is. Before I could do much of anything a window came up informing me that I had to register, which required me to give name, email, telephone. Called back and tried to get someone in sales-no body home recorded message asked that I leave a name and number.

Could someone post the web address of the Target Sports that everyone here raves about?
Shipping starts at around 11 bucks for less than a case. Go Prime and it's free for whatever you buy plus 8% discount

zboys/dhuze-no charge for shipping at all, please tell me more.

Its beginning to look like for stuff like 9mm/.22/.38/.357 the shipping charges really negate what at first appears to be a fairly good deal-how does the sales tax work; Ma/Ct ?

No sales tax, sign up for prime membership and all ammo is 8% off posted prices, And free shipping whether you order a box of 20 or a case.
I was reluctant at first also, without prime it may be equal to but not more than walmart prices, but getting it delivered to your door for same as you can buy it at walmart is a big plus.
Then when you start getting 8% off the already lowest price anywhere, and free shipping, its just a no brainer.
Prime cost was i think $95., I saved that already between the free shipping and 8% off.

AND ,This site has some of the cheapest bastards there is, and they too buy from targetsports, that alone should convince you.

This! Buy it cheap and stack it deep

I find that they always have good prices but if you check them on a daily basis you can find steals from time to time. Last month they had a steal on Remington UMC .223.

It was $4.96 per box.

I stacked it so deep the Fed ex guy needed a handtruck to bring the ammo to my doorstep.

Its beginning to look like for stuff like 9mm/.22/.38/.357 the shipping charges really negate what at first appears to be a fairly good deal-how does the sales tax work; Ma/Ct ?

1000 rounds gets free shipping. Just note, it seems to have to be the same ammo, you can’t mix and match and get free shipping. Maybe if you call them they’ll do it, I don’t know I never mix and match.

You still get free shipping for mix and match with prime membership. I just ordered a case of 30-06 for my Garand, a case of 308 and a bunch of different 9mm to see what my gun liked before I buy a case. I placed the order at like 4pm on Tuesday and UPS dropped off the stuff on Thursday afternoon to my home in western MA. And no tax which is always nice.

I recommend buying enough to qualify for the free shipping.

Ha! I almost commented that shipping was free. I had no idea that if you bought less than a reasonable amount they charged to ship.

Who the hell buys a box or two of ammo? o_O

Ha! I almost commented that shipping was free. I had no idea that if you bought less than a reasonable amount they charged to ship.

Who the hell buys a box or two of ammo? o_O
Its actually convenient to buy a few boxes to try something different or to add to a stash of more expensive self defense ammo, as long as youre a Prime member.

Cases (and sometimes half cases) qualify for free shipping. $0. IIRC, orders w/o free shipping you’re looking at $15-20.

While I dont live in MA anymore, when I did, they never charged sales tax.

Also, the prime membership ($95/yr) comes with two benefits: free shipping on EVERYTHING, and additional discounts on just about everything.

If i am only going to try a box or two of ammo i get it at Wally world or BP to see if i like it, then get the case at TS.

Just ordered 300 124gr 9mm and brick of CCI (500rds) last night. I know, not much ammo but it'll be good for a day or two of relaxed plinking since I don't get out too often. Shipping came to 11.65.

Greg

Its actually convenient to buy a few boxes to try something different or to add to a stash of more expensive self defense ammo, as long as youre a Prime member.

I guess I see you point, but now I am beginning to think I have a problem...

I hope I am not the crazy one in this group of people (no insult intended, seriously).

Someone tell me I am not crazy for thinking a case or two constitutes “trying something different”.

I also understand that budgets vary. Don’t mean to disparage, just want to make sure I’m not all alone out here in crazy town...

I hope I am not the crazy one in this group of people (no insult intended, seriously).

Someone tell me I am not crazy for thinking a case or two constitutes “trying something different”.

I also understand that budgets vary. Don’t mean to disparage, just want to make sure I’m not all alone out here in crazy town...
Nope perfectly normal

LOL, nfw am I laying out $200+, letting off say 100 rounds and deciding that its not for me for whatever reason and then do what with the other 900 rounds? Id much rather buy that first 100, see how they work and then go from there.

For -us- it doesn't appear to make any financial sense as we just don't shoot enough- and this is without figuring in the insurance that a member mentioned or any sales tax.

However I am sincerely happy that so many here find that this source is the way to go AND that the Company does ship to the cesspool that Massachusetts is.

Calculate Time and Cost: UPS - United States

Just got the notification that my mystery box is on the way.
I'll be curious to see what's in there. Depending on the outcome, might be karma time.
Prime's been useful for me since I like to mix and match and get a few boxes here and there and it's always free plus the 8% discount.

Nice to toss in a box of 45 with every other order to start hoarding for whenever I get that 1911. For oddball calibers I can get a box or two for the brass if needed.

I haven't bought ammo at a store in forever.

Just got the notification that my mystery box is on the way.
I'll be curious to see what's in there. Depending on the outcome, might be karma time.
Prime's been useful for me since I like to mix and match and get a few boxes here and there and it's always free plus the 8% discount.

Nice to toss in a box of 45 with every other order to start hoarding for whenever I get that 1911. For oddball calibers I can get a box or two for the brass if needed.

I haven't bought ammo at a store in forever.

That's my 45!!! You can't have any!!!

That's my 45!!! You can't have any!!!
I've actually not gotten any over the last few orders. But I was grabbing a box of Blazer brass or whatever somewhat regularly.
My 1911 ordeal has become a farce at this point. A 1911 was the second pistol I ever shot and I intended to get one and have had a cash envelope labeled "1911" in my desk drawer for almost five years now. The money I put into it always ends up going to something else. I even have a 1911 mag or two (plus the 45) laying around. I did use one of the boxes with an M3 grease gun at least.

I've had a 1911 in my online shopping cart at least twice without going through with it. I think part of it is that I know 1911s will be around forever and the ban possibility is way low compared to MSRs and/or the availability of milsurps, so I just keep getting those. I think the 1911 is now #4 on the list after FAL/308 semi auto, CZ Scorpion, and an Arisaka.

I ordered 1000 rounds of Sig Sauer 147 grain 9mm subsonic this morning and its arriving tomorrow! Who knew overnight ground was a thing!

EDIT: To the guy who wants details,

Weight: 30 lbs
Cost: Free
Service: Overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom