• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I've been buying from TS for years. It's so convenient. No driving around and wondering if you'll find the ammo you want or the price you're willing to pay. Their shipping is very fast too. If Maura gets knocked down a peg it will be another + for them.

So... where’s the “Maura finds out about the TSUSA non-compliance” “Hitler finds out” overdub/subtitles video?

Wow. This thread explodeded over the weekend. Shipping label created. Still hasn't gotten to FedUps. I'm a patient man.

tl;dr - One has to wonder if no ramifications from this if more retailers will tell the AG to pound sand. Maybe it just took one to call her bluff. Of course, you'd still need to be safe and get the LTC like TSUSA does, but still. I bet Brownells and Midway and a few others would prefer to sell to us than not.

I'll keep honoring the one that broke down the gate. Well, when I run out. I don't shoot often enough and I ordered a goodly amount of ammo. LOL

They are probably swamped with orders. I did get my favorite 45 acp range ammo on bulk order, but my wife's 9mm range ammo is on back order. Started looking at all sorts of 124 gr 9mm range ammo and it seems that most is on back order.

They are probably swamped with orders. I did get my favorite 45 acp range ammo on bulk order, but my wife's 9mm range ammo is on back order. Started looking at all sorts of 124 gr 9mm range ammo and it seems that most is on back order.

I'll spot you a case at the web price if you come get it in Chelmsford or Marlboro. Federal 115gr.

Can't they quote the Tire Fair case where the court ruled that MA had no right to demand that sort of info from a non-MA firm? IIRC that was an SJC ruling wasn't it?
The Town Fair Tire decision prohibited Massachusetts from trying to get Town Fair from collecting sales tax from Mass residents.

When Healey takes TSUSA to court, they'll demand all of their sales records as part of the discovery process. Once they have that, I believe they'll cross reference those sales to use tax disclosures on tax returns filed.

They'll see that swatgig bought $1000 worth of ammo from TSUSA, then they'll see that swatgig did not disclose $1000 in out of state purchases in his Tax return (form 1). Now they come after swatgig for tax evasion, making me and all my friends fear buying from TSUSA again.

I don't know if the AG can legally do that or not. I don't see why a technicality like that would stop her.

The Town Fair Tire decision prohibited Massachusetts from trying to get Town Fair from collecting sales tax from Mass residents.

When Healey takes TSUSA to court, they'll demand all of their sales records as part of the discovery process. Once they have that, I believe they'll cross reference those sales to use tax disclosures on tax returns filed.

They'll see that swatgig bought $1000 worth of ammo from TSUSA, then they'll see that swatgig did not disclose $1000 in out of state purchases in his Tax return (form 1). Now they come after swatgig for tax evasion, making me and all my friends fear buying from TSUSA again.

I don't know if the AG can legally do that or not. I don't see why a technicality like that would stop her.

Or DOR will send you a letter saying you owe them the money and you'll pay and that will be the end of it. Very low risk and no one is going to see criminal charges. DOR just cares about getting the money, I've "disagreed" with them for far more, I'd almost call them reasonable.

Delays may also be due to prioritizing the last minute California orders. Procrastinators are everywhere.
I got the same message from another retailer I had ordered from just a few days ago. (if it wasnt for this thread, I would of never known TS was back in biz for us) CA people are trying to stock up before their shitty law kicks in.

Or DOR will send you a letter saying you owe them the money and you'll pay and that will be the end of it. Very low risk and no one is going to see criminal charges. DOR just cares about getting the money, I've "disagreed" with them for far more, I'd almost call them reasonable.

DOR may be reasonable, but Healey is not. I would not put it past her to file criminal charges against anyone who didn't pay tax on ammo for tax evasion. "Because it's guns"

DOR may be reasonable, but Healey is not. I would not put it past her to file criminal charges against anyone who didn't pay tax on ammo for tax evasion. "Because it's guns"

Over $62.50? Hardly likely. Also she wouldn't be the one to file charges. It would be one of the DAs, which I don't see as very likely.

Not her call, or even the DA. It's strictly "Administrative" within the DOR and they give you 3 chances/notification (fail to file, fail to pay timely, and fail to pay assessment). After that I think they go straight to your bank accounts. And it's still not a criminal thing.

830 CMR 62C.16.2: Sales and Use Tax Returns and Payments

There are interesting issues here:

1. Interstate commerce. Look at existing wine decisions - one cannot sell wine in a store without a local license to sell alcohol, but that is not interpreted to mean mail order vendors cannot ship because they lack a license in the "to" destination.

2. Where does the sale take place? If I order FOB from Montana, title, ownership and risk of loss passes to me at the point of delivery to common carrier.

3. What if I send an agent to pick up the ammo in Montana and the vendor gives that agent the merchandise with full knowledge that said agent will deliver it to me (think UPS "call tag", where I hire UPS to pick up a package; the vendor is not hiring UPS to ship it to me)

News coverage that she found a way to screw gun owners will only win her votes.

Remember Jacques "I do not want, nor do I seek, votes from GOAL members". Never made a blip in her regular landslide victories.
True about guns, but the subject of spying on out of state purchases and taxes reaches further out to touch every voter
That doesn’t want to be spied on.
Not to mention the solons with ma house plates filling g up their trunks with n.h. Booze.

This Jacques rhymes with fakes?

On March 12, 2012 the State Ethics Commission charged her with violating Massachusetts' conflict-of-interest law after she allegedly tried to use her clout as a judge to have a dentist office reduce her brother-in-law’s bill.[

I'll spot you a case at the web price if you come get it in Chelmsford or Marlboro. Federal 115gr.

I really appreciate this offer, but I actually have another case. I always like to keep more than one case of 9 mm. Plus, Target Sports just emailed me last night that this ammo is back in stock. I think they were simply overwhelmed with all these orders to Mass.

I really appreciate this offer, but I actually have another case. I always like to keep more than one case of 9 mm. Plus, Target Sports just emailed me last night that this ammo is back in stock. I think they were simply overwhelmed with all these orders to Mass.

More likely Christmas + Kommifornia banning online ammo sales in 13 days. I'm sure the MA orders are just a slight blip on the radar.

More likely Christmas + Kommifornia banning online ammo sales in 13 days. I'm sure the MA orders are just a slight blip on the radar.

Not to drift off topic too much but I heard that the hack to get around the new CA bs, is to get a C&R FFL. Well worth the $30...

Yeah. And with a C&R you can get. . . . . . um. . . . . damn, there isn't anything worth buying anymore, is there??? Part of me wishes I capitalized more on it a decade+ ago. Part of me is glad that I didn't. I'd have a second safe full of guns I'd never shoot. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Back
Top Bottom