Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Have you tried the 62 grain new republic. With prime about 46cpr. It Is ss109 I believe. Same as green tip but not painted iirc
Haven’t tried it but waiting to see if some ppu or xtac pops back up.

Btw I saw you had posted about some full autos you were running. You have your green card?

You have your green card?
sadly no, it was in NH at a shoot a member here invited me as a guest to. I am now a member of that club so I can attend the shoots not as a guest, and bring some guests;)
But I was perturbed to find out authorities found like 6 Glock switches a few apartments down from where I was working recently. responsibly, they are a lot of fun!

Gotta wonder, with the broken boxes, if they were trying to find out if it was ammo in order to steal it.
I had a case of RSA 223 bust wide open in my UPS driver’s truck. He collected all the rounds that scattered and apologized profusely when he hand delivered it to me. I think it was stored up high and went flyin on a quick turn. It was all accounted for.

Gotta wonder, with the broken boxes, if they were trying to find out if it was ammo in order to steal it.
in my particular case I did as always, opted for the discreet outer box as well.
A box of NR 556 was smashed open due to some heavy boxes of 45 bashing around inside with it and there being some room left in the box. there was some paper padding inside but I really should've just ordered more ammo so the box was more full is the NES answer .

in my particular case I did as always, opted for the discreet outer box as well.
A box of NR 556 was smashed open due to some heavy boxes of 45 bashing around inside with it and there being some room left in the box. there was some paper padding inside but I really should've just ordered more ammo so the box was more full is the NES answer .
That should be a TS sales pitch. "The best packing material is more ammo!"

I bought two boxes to try. I’ve been pleased with their 9mm for range use so I was curious to try the 556 as well. I will see how it performs aftrr a range trip.

Have you tried it? What was your experience? Dirty? Loaded hot? Etc
Ive tried all the republic but the 5.56. Ive had no issues with the other offerings. Seeing the few reviews of people having issues with this ammo, I wont bother. PMC is the same price and ive had zero issues with them. Id rather stick to what I know works. Keep us posted though.

Ive tried all the republic but the 5.56. Ive had no issues with the other offerings. Seeing the few reviews of people having issues with this ammo, I wont bother. PMC is the same price and ive had zero issues with them. Id rather stick to what I know works. Keep us posted though.

100 rds of the 38 spl and 2 squibs. Not my gun, not my ammo but i was there when it happened to my friend.

Damn that sucks. Ive gone through maybe 350 rounds of 38 and 100 rounds of the 357. So far so good.

They were one after another. I didn't hear the first, I heard the second and told him to stop. By then it was too late. 2 rounds in the barrel of a new Rossi lever action 38/357. Wasn't easy to get them out. Took the rifle to his place and put some oil down the barrel and let it soak. Drove them out with a rod. They weren't in that far in. Used a bore light to inspect the barrel after running a brush and patches through it. Barrel appeared to have a slight bulge. He sent the rifle back to Rossi for evaluation. I haven't heard anything on what they had to say.

I wish I could be more specific. Definitely one squib that got stuck a inch or so into the rifling. Hard to say on the second round but it obviously got stuck behind the first. He said both rounds sounded funny. I'd like to believe being a hand loader and having had squibs I would have heard the first and not sent the second down the barrel.

Surely you gotta find what runs in your gun. So far for it’s good for me and surprisingly clean too. I remember someone mentioning in this thread about a swole cartridge but I haven’t seen it yet.
Yep, I got a couple cases of scorpio 124g. Jammed up (locked the slide, had to mortar it open) my glock 19. Must have happened 3-5 times at least. I clean my guns every 500-750 rounds. It happened even with a clean gun.

Never seen that happen in thousands of rounds of other ammo-brass, aluminum, steel. Maybe it was a bad lot, I imagine Euro ammo companies are churning production non stop, post covid, ukraine war etc. Random new brands I've never seen before too.

Yep, I got a couple cases of scorpio 124g. Jammed up (locked the slide, had to mortar it open) my glock 19. Must have happened 3-5 times at least. I clean my guns every 500-750 rounds. It happened even with a clean gun.

Never seen that happen in thousands of rounds of other ammo-brass, aluminum, steel. Maybe it was a bad lot, I imagine Euro ammo companies are churning production non stop, post covid, ukraine war etc. Random new brands I've never seen before too.
Never had a problem with the Glock, I (well my son) cleans them every range trip so no chance they were dirty, once the Scorpio I have is gone I likely won’t buy it again…between glocks and sigs they eat it up, everything else hates it and will never see it again

Never had a problem with the Glock, I (well my son) cleans them every range trip so no chance they were dirty, once the Scorpio I have is gone I likely won’t buy it again…between glocks and sigs they eat it up, everything else hates it and will never see it again
I had a problem early on with the Scorpio ammo. A round got jammed very tightly in the barrel of my Sig P210 and I needed to have a gunsmith help get it out. He said that the casing of the ammo wasn't crimped properly, and in fact, there was a little flare to it. At his suggestion, I did a drop test with the rest of the ammo from the half case that I bought and found another dozen or so that had the same issue and wouldn't drop into the barrel. I think these rounds could possibly work with a different gun, rather than the P210 with its very tight tolerances, but I'm not gonna try.

Frank

Last edited:
I had a problem early on with the Scorpio ammo. A round got jammed very tightly in the barrel of my Sig P210 and I needed to have a gunsmith help get it out. He said that the casing of the ammo wasn't crimped properly, and in fact, there was a little flare to it. At his suggestion, I did a drop test with rest of the ammo from the half case that I bought and found another dozen or so that had the same issue and wouldn't drop into the barrel. I think these rounds could possibly work with a different gun, rather than the P210 with its very tight tolerances, but I'm not gonna try.

Frank

Only "bad" 9mm ammo I've ever encountered. And I shoot the most basic bitch guns (work horse), so it isn't fire arm tolerances. But either the case/rim tolerances are off, which is a bit 😳

Shame though cause its cheap, clean, and seems accurate.

Testament to CZ perfection. 😂

They ate up every round of Scorpio. I only have a case and a half left so it will stay with what works at this point.
Shot maybe 2-300 rds of the scorpio through the CZ PCR and it was fine for that round count.

Did notice a few rims were a bit damaged, pre firing.

Back
Top Bottom