Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I can run about 10 yards in my body armor. After that I’m saying screw it and positioning in place.
High speed LE operators don't even run around in armor. The heavy lvl 4 plates people rock are for being put on right before a hot situation, not for walking miles in. Unless somebody is in great shape - doing regular PT with plates, I don't know if it's a good idea. Even so, level 3 steel plates get blown thru with M193, and even the best ceramic lvl IV plates with trauma pads in between you and the plate, you're probably going to have a broken rib or three, and have the wind knocked out of you if you take a rifle round in the plate.

Some guys got these plate carriers with 30 lb plates, an infantry unit worth of medical gear, food, comms, etc. Is that really practical for a realistic SHTF scenario? How far can you walk in that? I know I wouldn't be able to pull that off.

You gonna be running and gunning, doing solo RECCE? Fatal plan

High speed LE operators don't even run around in armor. The heavy lvl 4 plates people rock are for being put on right before a hot situation, not for walking miles in. Unless somebody is in great shape - doing regular PT with plates, I don't know if it's a good idea. Even so, level 3 steel plates get blown thru with M193, and even the best ceramic lvl IV plates with trauma pads in between you and the plate, you're probably going to have a broken rib or three, and have the wind knocked out of you if you take a rifle round in the plate.

Some guys got these plate carriers with 30 lb plates, an infantry unit worth of medical gear, food, comms, etc. Is that really practical for a realistic SHTF scenario? How far can you walk in that? I know I wouldn't be able to pull that off.

You gonna be running and gunning, doing solo RECCE? Fatal plan
I have been told body armor is useless and all I need is a bullet proof helmet.

Yeah ok, point being that it's gonna be a rude awakening for the guy who doesn't train in his 50lb plate carrier/chest rig setup and he might be better off without it at that point. Obviosly not useless but it needed to be in conjunction with PT and training.

Maybe it'll slow down the average basement operator more than it's worth in a real life scenario.
I play COD, I can run with body armor and a bullet proof helmet.

At this point I think a lot of us could start thinking about diverting some of the monthly ammo budget towards training or maybe a gym membership
I’m trying to route my funds into finishing/fine tuning some of my builds. Would rather have them in working order and baselined than partially finished if I ever needed them. Will be looking into some training too now that the weather is breaking.

I can run about 10 yards in my body armor. After that I’m saying screw it and positioning in place.
Sell the armor and get a ghillie suit! Sell the light "running around gun" for a big sniper piece. Then get comfy.

Damn, you're fit! 10 yards while wearing kit is a 2024 goal for some of us...
"wearing kit"????? [laugh]

I play COD, I can run with body armor and a bullet proof helmet.
You mean your COD piece? [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Been buying CCI SV like its going out of style since the stuff is great suppressed and hella fun to plink with.
See ghillie suit comment above. You must be out of MA then.

Back
Top Bottom