Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Came home to some unexpected swag today. No ammo, but the cleaning kit is an Otis so you know it’s legit and the ammo can is pretty nice as well. For a plastic ammo can the quality is much better than most. Solid lockup with almost a tactile click when it locks/unlocks. Good seal, the handle feels great with the finger grooves, and in general the box seems sturdy.

View attachment 594415
Got the exact same package last night. The cleaning kit is cool, and I actually could use more bore cleaner. Remember when they used to give free ammo? Yeah those were the days.

Im just glad to see someone finally started to put 30 rounds in a box, or am I that far out of the loop?
IMI has been doing that since before 2018. At least that’s when I bought my first 1200 round case of IMI M193 (40 boxes of 30). Of course back then it was $289.99 a case.

IMI has been doing that since before 2018. At least that’s when I bought my first 1200 round case of IMI M193 (40 boxes of 30). Of course back then it was $289.99 a case.
We were talking about the Winchester M193. 30 rounds on stripper clips and comes with a mag spoon for loading.
The IMI is in 20 round boxes...

Nope, the IMI M193 was in 30 round boxes, just not on stripper clips. Still one box per mag.
i like those. also 30rd boxes.

TSUSA only shows 20 round boxes...

1648846263186.png
Prime : $18.39 /$0.92 Per Round
Box of 20
Case of 500 (25 Boxes of 20) - Free Shipping
AVAILABLE : 99+ IN STOCK

A fresh video by Paul Harrell on 7.62x39 brand comparisons. Lots of TSUSA offered brands...
Accuracy @ 100 yards + Chrony results.

Just saw that myself, now I feel better about my groups at 100 yd with my MAK 90. It's more the light trigger and well made barrel than my actual skill, I can shoot it like 2 MOA from sandbags if I really concentrate. The Vympel and Republic Range have been very accurate, much better than anything Paul has gotten in his test. I'm talking like 2-3 MOA for both of them with irons.

Last edited:
Just saw that myself, now I feel better about my groups at 100 yd with my MAK 90. It's more the light trigger and well made barrel than my actual skill, I can shoot it like 2 MOA from sandbags if I really concentrate. The Vympel and Republic Range have been very accurate, much better than anything Paul has gotten in his test. I'm talking like 2 MOA for both of them with irons.
The Belom rated well also...

The Belom rated well also...
I'm going to venture to say that Golden Tiger + Republic Range got better group sizes for me, as well as compared to my own shooting of Tula/Wolf. Like I said earlier, the Rep Range and Vympel are both pretty good/hotter than Tula military loadings.

I was actually suprised how bad Wolf/Tula grouped with Paul, who is a really good shooter.

Supposedly the Rep Range is repackaged over-run for a Barnaul contract to supply the Belarusian armed forces.

Back
Top Bottom