• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

It would probably put more stress on their hosting solutions as well since that would require more transactions, more hits, more processing, etc.

Brass 9mm brought the site to its knees the other day.

I bought a G37 this summer for f***s. They had two come into the LGS and nobody wanted them. I bought 1000 rounds from Target Sports and another 1000 since. I’ve trained with it a bunch and ammo is available. I wouldn’t ever carry it but it handles like a G19, 17. I have no regrets.

If you developed a reloading ecosystem (save the brass!) for it it's probably actually a decent cartridge.... loads like 45 ACP .... imho the only reason it still exists at all though is because Glock doesn't want to hang their customers out to dry even if they only sold a few hundred of those guns.

If you developed a reloading ecosystem (save the brass!) for it it's probably actually a decent cartridge.... loads like 45 ACP .... imho the only reason it still exists at all though is because Glock doesn't want to hang their customers out to dry even if they only sold a few hundred of those guns.
I saved all the brass, I only load 9mm in pistol now but I have the room to store brass on the farm so I keep it around. It’s a small primer so setting it up to load would be simple since I do 9mm.

I know I will draw the ire of the safety first crowd but wtf. I had my nephew crank a couple of 45 GAPs off in a G21. He’s still here unharmed and it actually cycled the slide. Although is was an anemic cycle.

There are actually quite a few of these videos on youtube. Guys are nuts, but at lease using string to pull the trigger. I honestly wouldn't want anywhere near one of these tests myself.
I’m not even a big fan of using +P+ ammo, much less this. Edwin does some really crazy things. Ever see his video of putting a hand grenade into an ATM?

i think the actual reason is just much simpler - there is not much financial incentive
Bingo. It's trivially simple to implement detect bot users and honey pot them or show them a captcha. This would probably impact maybe 1-2% of real users and block 90% of bots. Or simple stuff they like 5 case limits that wouldn't impact pretty much anyone but resellers. Simple code to implement,tons of documentation, and could be handled by well known 3rd party vendors. However, there's no incentive for them to make something better for real users. The products sell out in an instant, it's not like they'll make more money just improve sentiment amongst people who are more than happy to give the benefit of the doubt to them.

Source: I have worked on variations of this tech multiple times.

Bingo. It's trivially simple to implement detect bot users and honey pot them or show them a captcha. This would probably impact maybe 1-2% of real users and block 90% of bots. Or simple stuff they like 5 case limits that wouldn't impact pretty much anyone but resellers. Simple code to implement,tons of documentation, and could be handled by well known 3rd party vendors. However, there's no incentive for them to make something better for real users. The products sell out in an instant, it's not like they'll make more money just improve sentiment amongst people who are more than happy to give the benefit of the doubt to them.

I think where its going to hurt them is Prime memberships, those of us that are paying for a service annually are seeing less value and are less likely to renew. That being said, working at a large company in a sales capacity, recurring revenue (ie a Prime membership) creates a more sustainable and predictable business than relying on the margin from the product alone. Whether they figure it out now, or down the road, they are going to hurt that recurring revenue they are receiving from a large customer base and I am willing to bet lose most of those customers as a result and be thought of second when it comes to a future purchase, rather than be thought of first.

Right, but why mess with a checkout process with works in the midst of an insane ammo spree where pallets of ammo last less than a minute?

Look at what happened to Radian on Black Friday and they still haven't dug themselves out of that mess two months later.
No im agreeing with you it doesnt benefit them to add it it makes checkout slower. I have worked for tech companies in particular so security tech companies and its always a balance between security and customer experience and here if there isnt a risk of fraud or anything no reason to slow down their business.

Plus, larger orders to resellers reduce overhead. Instituting purchase limits means more packages out the door, higher man-hours for fulfillment, increased cost for packing materials and shipping. Short term, it's a money maker, but at the cost of real customer satisfaction.

I think where its going to hurt them is Prime memberships, those of us that are paying for a service annually are seeing less value and are less likely to renew. That being said, working at a large company in a sales capacity, recurring revenue (ie a Prime membership) creates a more sustainable and predictable business than relying on the margin from the product alone. Whether they figure it out now, or down the road, they are going to hurt that recurring revenue they are receiving from a large customer base and I am willing to bet lose most of those customers as a result and be thought of second when it comes to a future purchase, rather than be thought of first.

I've had a prime membership for years and did not renew. Why bother when I can't buy anything?

Spot on.

Back
Top Bottom