Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Larry is expensive after tax & shipping, damn! $0.38 cpr for Eley 22 LR
Yea its the same with the 9mm.

The only saving grace for me is that they had 10mm JHPs in stock for cheap ($.64/round) so ill toss the 100 rounds I got on GB and get back $150. Then the case of winchester 9mm cost me $620 (total shipped for everything was $770).

anyone care to PM who Larry is? Thought I knew, but checking their website, I'm not seeing the same things (even taking into account 'boom it's gone'. I did a google search, but just got to a fan appreciation site for McLean Stevenson's 1980's show 'Hello Larry", but they couldn't help me. :D
Larry3.jpg

Apex .308 came good and early, wifey sent me some pics so I could try and identify who’s making it for them. No such luck. The only distinguishing mark is the Starline brass. Maybe they’re actually making their own ammo now??
Don’t think I’ll be running it through the PTR though, not unless I have to.

That's objectively horseshit.
There's a million ways to control how fast items sell out, and virtually every sought after product release (buying 9mm and 223 is harder than buying a ps5, graphics card, or yeezys these days) has a way to do it except TS apparently.
My guess is they just don't want to pay for it because basically youd have to add some code to your website/cart software whatever to be able to allocate ammo to certain customers. The other reason why they might not ration stuff is it actually makes it easier for their shipping department to just move tons of it at once... it's much easier to sell 20 cases to the skript kiddy with his perl script than it is to send that ammo to 20 different people...... if that's the case then that sort of retarded because they're just being lazy but there's no real way to know the truth....

Also the other stuff you mentioned the controls don't work very well the people that are harvesting that shit just set up multiple accounts and all kinds of stuff..... and right now video cards that are eight hundred bucks are still like 12 to 15 hundred bucks or more because the scalpers are the only ones that have them....

My guess is they just don't want to pay for it because basically youd have to add some code to your website/cart software whatever to be able to allocate ammo to certain customers. The other reason why they might not ration stuff is it actually makes it easier for their shipping department to just move tons of it at once... it's much easier to sell 20 cases to the skript kiddy with his perl script than it is to send that ammo to 20 different people...... if that's the case then that sort of retarded because they're just being lazy but there's no real way to know the truth....

Also the other stuff you mentioned the controls don't work very well the people that are harvesting that shit just set up multiple accounts and all kinds of stuff..... and right now video cards that are eight hundred bucks are still like 12 to 15 hundred bucks or more because the scalpers are the only ones that have them....

I'm sure they are a bit nervous as well as to their future in the current political climate. At this point they most likely want to sell as fast and as soon as they can to whomever will buy. Basically take the cash/profit now without having to outlay any additional money on a system that may be deemed "illegal" in the near future.

i think the actual reason is just much simpler - there is not much financial incentive to do a massive change to a production web site code changin something that works perfectly fine as is.
plus, an additional verification at the check-out, historically, is usually considered as not a very user-friendly way. so they probably hesitant to approach it, and i do understand why.

from other perspective, is their base most loyal customers are affected by it - they also, they better come up with some plan.

i think the actual reason is just much simpler - there is not much financial incentive to do a massive change to a production web site code changin something that works perfectly fine as is.
plus, an additional verification at the check-out, historically, is usually considered as not a very user-friendly way. so they probably hesitant to approach it, and i do understand why.

from other perspective, is their base most loyal customers are affected by it - they also, they better come up with some plan.
Yea can easily add one of the captiva checks at checkout but whats the point LOL

What I was doing as a prime member to spite them (which im sure they dont care) is that prior to the past like month when things disappear in 15 seconds id purposely buy a case of 1000 rounds of ammo in single box increments.

Hey I get free shipping, ill place 20 orders of 1 box of 50 rounds each.

Then I realized they probably just add it on to the cost to maintain margins and I stopped......

Yea can easily add one of the captiva checks at checkout but whats the point LOL

Right, but why mess with a checkout process with works in the midst of an insane ammo spree where pallets of ammo last less than a minute?

Look at what happened to Radian on Black Friday and they still haven't dug themselves out of that mess two months later.

Right, but why mess with a checkout process with works in the midst of an insane ammo spree where pallets of ammo last less than a minute?

Look at what happened to Radian on Black Friday and they still haven't dug themselves out of that mess two months later.

That, and also the flippers are resourceful enough to wallhack most protections you could think of.....

45 gap has to be one of the silliest things Glock has ever done and I can't believe they still keep it around
I bought a G37 this summer for f***s. They had two come into the LGS and nobody wanted them. I bought 1000 rounds from Target Sports and another 1000 since. I’ve trained with it a bunch and ammo is available. I wouldn’t ever carry it but it handles like a G19, 17. I have no regrets.

Back
Top Bottom