• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I shoot the 2-3/4” Remington sluggers out of my smooth barrel. I one of the holdouts who never upgraded as I saw no need. For the kind of hunting I do I saw no gain in upgrading to a heavier weapon with much more expensive ammunition.

This is a case where the load might make all the difference in the world. Going with a hotter load might cause the slug to not engage the rifling. It could be so fast that the lead is just being stripped by the rifling instead of engaging the rifling and spinning the projectile.

That would also explain the lack of leading in the test.

A thought anyway.

Bob
This. ^

I bought a rifled barrel for my shottie many years ago (no need for another gun. [rofl2]) I thought it would be nice to have for the longer shots, but I keep going back to my Remmy Sluggers.
They just plain work and because of where I hunt, I rarely take a shot past 40-45 yards.

Plus, having a few different barrel-sets for a shotgun is like having a couple of different uppers for an AR...
~Enbloc

Anyone ever tried shooting a rifled slug out of a rifled barrel? I'll let you know how they do with accuracy. I usually shoot Remington accu-tip or copper solid saboted slugs. I only have six and have to site my scope in. I'm switching to Foster slugs for the season which I have enough of.
For anyone wondering they shot great!!. I probably had a 2.5 in group at 50 yards. I may just shoot them in the future why pay twice as much for ammo.

@andrew1220 Absolutely NO 20ga Sabot slugs to be found. I even stopped in Shooter's Outpost to check. Nada...

I did however, find the last two boxes of Federal 9mm value-pak at Bass Pro. $27 per 100.

Not bad at 27 cents per round...

Oh, and Shooter's had 40 people in line waiting to check out. Wrapped all the way back and underneath the stares er, stairs. 🤪
1606592559549.png 1606592570795.png

Last edited:
@andrew1220 Absolutely NO 20ga Sabot slugs to be found. I even stopped in Shooter's Outpost to check. Nada...

I did however, find the last two boxes of Federal 9mm value-pak at Bass Pro. $27 per 100.

Not bad at 27 cents per round...

Oh, and Shooter's had 40 people in line waiting to check out. Wrapped all the way back and underneath the stares er, stairs. 🤪
View attachment 416513View attachment 416514
Bummer on the slugs but a big score on a 9mm! We just took a few shots this afternoon and got it sighted in. Holy f*** those Remington Accu tip 3 inch shells are nuclear. My dad immediately said he’s going to stick with the Hornady 2.75" shells 😂

Called Fedex, they said call the vendor. Vendor wasn't surprised at all and says they will issue a refund. Wish they had a discreet overbox option like TSUSA.
Discreet outer box would be the smart thing to do but regardless of that, zero accountability by Fedex for delivering opened and stolen mail contents is absolute dog$hit

What brand of 9 do target sports get in on a regular basis? I have notifications for a few brands but never get notified. Go to their website.....nothing.
Lately? These days you're lucky if the brand of 9mm TargetSports (or anyone) has IN STOCK is anything other than......

s-l640.jpg

(Just sayin')

Discreet outer box would be the smart thing to do but regardless of that, zero accountability by Fedex for delivering opened and stolen mail contents is absolute dog$hit
I’m sure the local news outlet would love to hear how local fedex employees have a crime ring stealing guns and ammunition (it’s two boxes of ammo but you know how those hit pieces work). I doubt it’s ending up with legal end users....

I’m sure the local news outlet would love to hear how local fedex employees have a crime ring stealing guns and ammunition (it’s two boxes of ammo but you know how those hit pieces work). I doubt it’s ending up with legal end users....

Wasn’t there a ring in Atlanta stealing guns out of luggage at the airport?

Errrrrrt- wrong! It was UPS and it was SC

Interesting point. And I’m guessing that whomever you purchased from knows the batch and box ID number of where that ammo went. God forbid that gets used in a crime or is picked up during some other event/stop/charge...

Natchez delivers, but FedEx steals 2x boxes :mad:
View attachment 416561
Yeah, I've gotten a few items in lately (ammo and knives) and everything is coming through like it was dropped off a 10-foot loading dock... and backed over.
The ammo meh. The knives in boxes I wanted to keep spiffy for collectability... [angry2]

I now request cardboard boxing with the purchase. All the big sellers do it if asked.

PS: Soft mailer envelopes suck!

Last edited:
Wasn’t there a ring in Atlanta stealing guns out of luggage at the airport?

Errrrrrt- wrong! It was UPS and it was SC
LOL.. but.. Better one was the dopes who stole a gun from a parked car in Southie back in the day...a car belonging to one of Whitey Bulger's thugs...(you can pretty much guess how that worked out for the two young, budding entrepreneurs...)
😩

Just sayin'

I wonder if this case was "Piñata-ed"...? Ammo all over the warehouse floor... [rofl2]

Sad though...

2Qoo.gif
1606601599365.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I've gotten a few items in lately (ammo and knives) and everything is coming through like it was dropped off a 10-foot loading dock... and backed over.
The ammo meh. The knives in boxes I wanted to keep spiffy for collectability... [angry2]

I now request cardboard boxing with the purchase. All the big sellers do it if asked.

PS: Soft mailer envelopes suck!
The knife I got from Switzerland, the guy dropped it into a bubble envelope. It wasn’t even a whole envelope. 70 year old knife, I was pissed. I’m thinking of giving him a bad review on eBay. If he didn’t wrap the whole thing in tape it probably would have gotten lost.

Yeah, with a good scope you are talking about 80-100 yard shots...
Straight from Remmy's mouth...

MORE ACCURATE. MORE LETHAL, AND IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TIP.

It doesn't just look intimidating, it's flattening whitetails and competitors in the tipped-slug market with devastating ferocity. Guided by our new Power Port™ Tip, AccuTip Sabot Slugs delivers a degree of accuracy and terminal performance unmatched by any other we tested. This masterpiece of aerodynamics consistently prints tiny 100-yard groups and transfers tremendous knockdown force to the farthest reaches of shotgun range. It's the largest tipped slug you'll find anywhere. In field testing, these huge .58-caliber slugs produced gaping wound channels and crumpled every deer it touched with a single shot. From 5 to 200 yards, it yields perfect mushrooms and over 95% weight retention thanks to its spiral nose cuts and high-strength cartridge brass jacket. Designed for rifled barrels only. Available in 2¾" or 3" 12-gauge and 20-gauge versions.

The knife I got from Switzerland, the guy dropped it into a bubble envelope. It wasn’t even a whole envelope. 70 year old knife, I was pissed. I’m thinking of giving him a bad review on eBay. If he didn’t wrap the whole thing in tape it probably would have gotten lost.
Yep. Same thing happened to me through an Ebay seller. I ordered a Victorinox 2019 ALOX Pioneer Limited Edition and the box and clear plastic support tray arrives crusted and shattered.
Vendor made it right, but Now I always request "Durable Cardboard Box"...

I shoot the 2-3/4” Remington sluggers out of my smooth barrel. ...
I keep going back to my Remmy Sluggers.
They just plain work and because of where I hunt, I rarely take a shot past 40-45 yards.
... those Remington Accu tip 3 inch shells are nuclear ...

You know, I mentioned it before. I read that Remington had stopped all ammunition manufacturing and sales because of something to do with buying and selling of companies, but they are about to ramp up again now.

I never really noticed, but now that it was mentioned, it seems like it was always Federal, Winchester, CCI, S&B, etc. mentioned. Never a Remington mentioned; now we know why. I hope having them come back into production will help a little or a lot here.

i hope you are kidding. if they did i hope you follow up on it. Thats fcuked up if fedex did that
Stealing ammunition. Is that a federal crime?

They would probably use it as ammo to shut down online ordering.

Back
Top Bottom