• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

the Red Army box says non-corrosive, does anybody know if it really is?
Are Tula and Red Army Standard Ammunition Actually Corrosive?

I don't know why "corrosive" ammo strikes fear into the hearts of gun owners...

If you are worried, just follow a Corrosive Ammo Protocol on your imported ammo...

You should literally and 'intentionally' shoot some corrosive-primed ammo, so that you can see that is not "Evil", and should not be avoided-at-all-costs.
YOU will learn VALUABLE SKILLS in the realm of shooting.

Cleaning is just another aspect of Gun Ownership and should not be 'hated', but 'embraced'...
You will learn just as much about your gun cleaning it, as when you are squeezing off rounds.

I like hot water best... [smile]
~Enbloc

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for 22lr, the Scorpio vendor has 500 rd bricks of Aguila HV 22 for $34.99 plus shipping. No sales tax. Limit is 2k rounds per person.

EDIT: AAAAND it's gone.

Last edited:
Steel 5.56 and 7.62x39 in stock

$519 if you have a friend in a free state.

.223 Remington shooters: save your brass and come down and reload at my bench, if you are that hard-pressed for ammo. I'll assist you in rolling your own; at least while I still have some 55g FBHP (Dogtown), Speer 64gr GDSP and a few frangible bullets. I don't shoot .223 Remington anymore, so these bullets might only get used in .30 caliber sabot loads.
This won't be a thousand round production run, but it will get you some trigger time.
Live fire onsite; North Stonington

Fed 9mm 100 pack took 1 min to sell out.
CCI Blazers 115gr took 3 min.
CCI Blazers 147 gr still in stock

All at $0.60 / round

Fed 9mm 100 pack took 1 min to sell out.
CCI Blazers 115gr took 3 min.
CCI Blazers 147 gr still in stock

All at $0.60 / round

Stop the madness. It's almost $32 per box after tax...Who the F is paying that?!? You can shoot 357 magnum for cheaper. WTF

Is demand the only reason steel .223 is so much more than 7.62x39? Or is there something else I'm missing between the 2 that would cause the price difference?

Is demand the only reason steel .223 is so much more than 7.62x39? Or is there something else I'm missing between the 2 that would cause the price difference?
Nobody can really afford AK’s. Not many people are building out x39 AR’s. Those two platforms are a very small percentage of the gun world especially with new shooters. Who buys those single shot Heizer pistols either?

I’m in the AK crowd and this is my current love affair.
3ED26258-DFE5-4741-982E-9D4258739B7E.jpeg

Nobody can really afford AK’s. Not many people are building out x39 AR’s. Those two platforms are a very small percentage of the gun world especially with new shooters. Who buys those single shot Heizer pistols either?

View attachment 397502

I have both, for times like now where 7.62x39 is still easy to get. I should go get a drum for mine...

Stop the madness. It's almost $32 per box after tax...Who the F is paying that?!? You can shoot 357 magnum for cheaper. WTF

We should start a max 9mm Cost Pool...
Generic 115gn practice ammo like WWB or Rem UMC, per 1000-rd case.
Closest without going over.
Pool ends November 26, 2020.

I've got $621 per case, or 62 cents a round...

View attachment 397502

Is that a Mak90?

(It sure looks like one)

This thread should be renamed from "Target Sports Delivering Again" to "Target Sports is Out of Stock Again".
It gets more ridiculous every week. I’m here for the laughs at this point. Honestly would not be suprised to see prices top out at 75 to 80 cents per round for 9mm, and even then I bet people would still pay, albeit not near as many.

a guy at work is even newer to the sport than I am and he has very little ammo. Understandably he cringes when he sees the prices or the 2 box limits. So I told him I'd split a case with him to lessen the impact using my Prime membership. When the 9 popped up today I asked him if he wanted to get it. He said he needed to think it over because it's so expensive. I told him he had one minute to decide. 10 minutes later he gets back to me and says go ahead and buy it. Needless to say..................HE GOT NOTHING!!!! NO AMMO FOR YOU!!!! OUT!!!!

Back
Top Bottom