Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

.22 is the one caliber I might be all set on. 2000+ mini mags, 1000 SV, 1000 Aguila super extra, bunch of random stuff, 450 stingers... damnit! I'm not all set!
As someone else said though, I'm holding out for something other than mini-mags. I love 'em, but I also like variety. The super extra seems a bit peppier out of the Ruger MK-IV, as do the stingers of course. I reluctantly pass.

Everytime I get a text and its a TSUSA alert or read this thread, I quickly have this meme flash through my brain.

3u86qk.png
Been picking and choosing ammo wise, but have picked up some reloading materials and some other stuff that may end up in the cross hairs of a Dem administration. Got my cc statement today...

giphy (6).gif

I am almost at my Massachusetts quantity limit with out a permit, I bought a considerable amount of minimag as soon as the 500 boxes came out, tapped out on rim fire, then a case of 9mm a month til it broke .26, bought a few cases of over priced 556 and then some odds and ends, after 4 TSUSA boxes today and something like 4-5 coming on Monday of odds and ends, I need to stop lol, oh and I haven’t gotten the rest of the parts for the 556 guns yet lol, but I have space for a few more cases at a reasonable price...been buying more 7 1/2 shot every week when I go to Walmart so there’s no interruption in taking the kid trap shooting every week

I saw the Mini-Mags when they went up earlier and hemmed and hawed over it. I’m pretty happy they sold out. I told myself that if they had any left when I got home, I’d pick up a couple boxes to add to the 2.5K+ rounds I already have. Ironically, I have no CCI ammo. Weird, but I just confirmed it.

I saw the Mini-Mags when they went up earlier and hemmed and hawed over it. I’m pretty happy they sold out. I told myself that if they had any left when I got home, I’d pick up a couple boxes to add to the 2.5K+ rounds I already have. Ironically, I have no CCI ammo. Weird, but I just confirmed it.
i have left over cci green tag from my .22 bullseye league days, ~ 3500 rds. and it's old, haven't shot league in 30+ years. i tend to hoard federal in lean times, my rifle likes american eagle. i use the green tag in my .22 handguns mostly. cci seems to be the first to go it seems.

Huh? What? There's quantity limits...?

In the People’s Republic? Surprised you had to ask!

I asked my CLEO about that one time and he said if I knew I was going to go over, I had to notify the local FD. Not sure if that’s true or not, or still holds.

In the People’s Republic? Surprised you had to ask!

I asked my CLEO about that one time and he said if I knew I was going to go over, I had to notify the local FD. Not sure if that’s true or not, or still holds.
Do you need a permit if you store it in a nuke-proof 1950's backyard underground bunker...?

Last edited:
Yeah...fire code...

id hate to lose my house and get denied coverage by the insurance company...Have considered storing some with friends and family if I want more 😂
I wonder who counts the burned up ammo after the fire...? F.D.? P.D.? Insurance Company?

1598048092733.png

I'd demand a recount... four or five times.
and insist the hull was 'planted'...

Last edited:
Methinks TSUSA is playing a risky game long-term with their bet that everyone will suddenly cough up $95.00 for the right to be first in line to buy grossly over-priced ammo. :(

But what do I know. I actually voted once for Charlie Parker. 🥴

Methinks TSUSA is playing a risky game long-term with their bet that everyone will suddenly cough up $95.00 for the right to be first in line to buy grossly over-priced ammo. :(

Lol the way the market is nationwide, I think if anything they are earning loyalty here

Most people paid the $95 when the ammo was cheap and deep.

i'm making a vow to whittle down my supplies, shoot more, buy less. i have a tendency to store stuff in out of the way places. i found the cases of green tag a couple years ago under my reloading bench doing something i never do, vacuum under the bench. i found 3 of those old school bricks of remington that look like a government run, up on the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet. don't know how long they were up there. i don't even remember having them never mind putting them there. not crying or gloating over my good fortune, just sayin'.

For this group, I was thinking more like a shipping container, tractor trailer, or boxcar.

In fact, I wonder how well a shop would do that sells JUST ammunition. Imagine a smallish warehouse type place, with a counter and big shelves, that sells bulk ammunition (cases minimum). There would be a rail siding that comes into the shop, and forklifts and hand lifts and two wheelers. They would sell to all the local shops in New England, and "large purchase" consumers, kind of like a BJ's or Costco for ammunition. There would be weekly rail deliveries of different ammo. One can dream, right?
The issue isn't selling (the demand side), it's getting (the supply side). Opening a big place to do bulk sales won't increase the supply, so you'd have a big place with empty shelves.

I would have figured a lot of it is just robotic. I wonder what kind of fire suppression is required at an ammunition warehouse.

For that matter, I wonder what regulations a gun shop or place like Walmart or Cabela's has for storage of large quantities of ammunition.
It's not Amazon, they are probably picking by hand, and given the demand, they are probably picking directly from the pallets they receive.
Ammo isn't really that likely to burn, go to Shooters, or KTP, they will have more ammo on hand that Walmart or Cabela's, look around, it's pretty basic fire suppression.

I imagine by now ammunition manufacturers have to be bringing in more machinery to increase production capacity, especially in the "popular" calibers.

I bet they could build individual state of the art plants for just .22 and just 9mm.

Ammo manufacturer requires SUPER expensive equipment and facilities, finished ammo is pretty safe, but large quantities of powder and primer can be sensitive. And consider that most manufacturing is still done on equipment from back during WWII. I think I heard that someone was building, or maybe built, more 22 capacity. But that's an increase from what was build in the 40s. Now add that with lower labor costs, and lower regulations, and a legal system that won't get them sued every 5 minutes and it's pretty obvious that new ammo manufacture is a lot more likely in China or maybe India or Africa.

Have tried several times this afternoon to sign up for the Prime membership but It doesn’t seem to go thru. No confirm page/email and it’s stuck in the cart. No rejection or error message re the payment method. Nothing in junk email. Can’t get hold of anyone. It’s frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom