Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

It just occured to me....maybe the best thing to buy right now would be a .22 pistol. I have enough .22 to easily last 2 years.

Exactly this. I already have a couple .22s but have been thinking about picking up a couple more for variety. Decisions decisions.

Is there a note that says "Please accept this partial order, your ... slugs...... should arrive shortly, at no additional shipping cost."

sorry, couldn't help myself
This happened once before and they sent me a label, shipped next day, and picked up the oops. So now their error rate is 2%. Not bad.

Last edited:
It just occured to me....maybe the best thing to buy right now would be a .22 pistol. I have enough .22 to easily last 2 years.

I'm sure using my .22s lately a lot more than I ever imagined I would. And I'm now thinking that my dad's old S&W Model 41, that I was thinking of selling because I never use it, is worth dusting off and putting to good use.

Frank

I have a similar pile of ammo that has accumulated over the past couple of days. I was wondering if storage requirements are required if you haven't opened your mail?
I’m sure they are since “locked container” is pretty specific.

maybe the best thing to buy right now would be a .22 pistol.
If you do want a .22 pistol, consider a revolver. Why?

~You can fire .22short, .22CB, .22shotshell, .22long, .22LR, CCI Stingers/Velocitors… (very versatile)
~You will never have to buy another magazine for it... (well, speed-loaders maybe)
~With a 5,6,7... 10-inch barrel, accuracy is usually better...
~There are even 10-round revolvers, so they hold as much as a stock Ruger Mark 1,2,3,4, and are way more dependable than a Sig Mosquito or Walther P22
~If you bought .22LR ammo that just won't properly cycle your semi-auto pistol or rifle... you can fire it in a revolver with very little to no issues.
~If you happen to need it to defend yourself and you get a "Failure to Fire" (usually, bad/no primer in the rim) Just pull the trigger again to rotate the cylinder to a fresh round.
~No "Tap & Rack" drill, or worse, a double feed that has hung up your action...

While revolvers are not "Flawless", they definitely are useful and make a nice addition to your collection.

Did I mention that they are Fun as Hell too...?

Ruger GP100 .22
1598059467667.png

Versatile Custom Convertible Smith & Wesson 648-2 .22/.22MRF/.17HRM
1598059672128.png

Then there's the cost-effective and fun Ruger Wrangler...

1598059888239.png

I like the 10-shots though...

1598059937631.png
The original "Rotary" magazine...

Last edited:
If you do want a .22 pistol, consider a revolver. Why?

~You can fire .22short, .22CB. .22long, .22LR, CCI Stingers/Velocitors...
~You will never have to buy another magazine for it... (well, speed-loaders maybe)
~With a 5,6,7... 10-inch barrel, accuracy is usually better...
~There are even 10-round revolvers, so they hold as much as a stock Ruger Mark 1,2,3,4, and are way more dependable than a Sig Mosquito or Walther P22
~If you bought .22LR ammo that just won't properly cycle your semi-auto pistol or rifle... you can fire it in a revolver with very little to no issues.
~If you happen to need it to defend yourself and you get a "Failure to Fire" (usually, bad/no primer in the rim) Just pull the trigger again to rotate the cylinder to a fresh round.
~No "Tap & Rack" drill, or worse, a double feed that has hung up your action...

While revolvers are not "Flawless", they definitely are useful and make a nice addition to your collection.

Did I mention that they are Fun as Hell too...?

Ruger GP100 .22
View attachment 382630

Versatile Custom Convertible Smith & Wesson 648-2 .22/.22MRF/.17HRM
View attachment 382632

Then there's the cost-effective and fun Ruger Wrangler...

View attachment 382634

I like the 10-shots though...

View attachment 382635

There is A guy at my range that shoots the gp100. I have seen him quite a bit as of late he shoots 100yards with it. Much better shot than I.

Great gun, right after you replace that stupid stock half grip it comes with...

Have tried several times this afternoon to sign up for the Prime membership but It doesn’t seem to go thru. No confirm page/email and it’s stuck in the cart. No rejection or error message re the payment method. Nothing in junk email. Can’t get hold of anyone. It’s frustrating.
Try adding it to an ammo order.

Back
Top Bottom