• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Still waiting for that text message on 7.5x54mm!
(Not really, I'm rolling my own.)
It is quite a circus act though, I'll admit.
Good luck in the rings!

There was a time when the little 90g/95g FMJs were the economy bullets. I'd load them in .38 Special and niner, even .380 Auto, now that my wife shoots an M&P 380 EZ. They still make for economical 9x19mm plinking loads, but they are no longer give-aways at the LGS. Even as pulls, today, they aren't always available. Casting again is always an option, but it's simply too hot to be by the fire.
Hang in there, we'll see it through this crisis, too.

Last edited:
I finally got the shipping confirmation for the mini-shells I ordered 11 days ago. The OPSOL MINI CLIP, that I ordered the same day, came in 2 days from Brownells, so I've been chomping at the bit. :)

you obviously don't have kids who can go through >1,000 rounds of 22 in a day's worth of plinking off the front porch.
I can confirm the >1,000 rounds with kids at the range! Good Lord, between three kids, a Glock G44, Ruger Mark IV and S&W M&P15-22 no matter how much we bring, it's never enough. Thank goodness my .22lr is stacked tall and deep…lol.

I got a text while driving this morning - AE 380 in stock. It took me about 20 seconds to pull off the road and log on to the website. By that time it was all sold out. Us working stiffs don’t stand a chance against the folks at home constantly checking. prime didn’t help me.
Keep in mind that those messages can be VERY delayed. On average in my experience, there is a 30 minutes delay between stock going live and notifications being sent.

I got a text while driving this morning - AE 380 in stock. It took me about 20 seconds to pull off the road and log on to the website. By that time it was all sold out. Us working stiffs don’t stand a chance against the folks at home constantly checking. prime didn’t help me.
I got a few boxes of speer lawman 380 this morning, got the email at 6:25, had just gotten out of the shower, grabbed it and was gone by 7am

Delayed? I'll say! I got the text yesterday morning and the email TODAY!
But at $400 for 9mm I had to pass

Keep in mind that those messages can be VERY delayed. On average in my experience, there is a 30 minutes delay between stock going live and notifications being sent.

I am also kicking myself for not cleaning out Wally world on .22 when it was right in front of me when I was stocking up on shotty rounds last winter. I think I might be down below 10,000 rounds.
Same here. Hate the WMT ammo buying experience so I kept putting it off but hate myself now. Guys were paying 9 cpr for 9mm iirc. :(

doubtful they could make a profit on much of it at the prices it's at now...pretty sure most dealers are getting better prices than we are currently.

Absolutely, but the stores that have guns, but no ammo must be hurting. Basically selling paperweights at this point.

I got an alert for 8mm mauser back in March I think. Immediately logged on and whatever I put in the cart it said insufficient stock. (I forget how they worded it) I kept lowering the amount until it finally accepted an order for 2 whole boxes. Pretty much as soon as I was done with my order it was sold out. And thats for 8mm which isn't exactly in high demand to put it mildly.

People are buying up whatever they can get their hands on. Heard stories of people in lgs buying boxes of projectiles thinking they're ammo. 2.5 million new gun owners since January and none of them know what a normal price for 9mm or 556 is so they'll pay whatever. Can't blame them but there seems to be no end in sight to higher prices

I keep telling you, instead of going to Foxwoods with the Mrs., drop her off and go to M&B Sports.
He doesn't have an ammo tree, but his prices are usually below TSUSA (no free delivery though).
For example, $10 7.62x38R (Prvi), R-P 12g 2.75" 00 b/s is $4 per 5 rounds, it was, at least, last time I bought some.
Please note: most of his ammo offerings are older stock, but these days, it works for me.
This shop often has some oddities and discounted items from estate sales and such.
Don't know what to tell MA shooters, but if you are legal in MA, I'd buy it for you, if necessary.

Folks, if you’re really interested in grabbing some stock when it goes live, I suggest you look into creating your own notification system. There are a number of ways to do this, even if you have no programming experience. One of the easiest ways is to use a plugin for your browser that refreshes a page every x seconds and sends an alert when it detects a change. You can write an AppleScript, java applet, or one of any hundred other ways.

Been to more then a few gun stores over the past couple of weeks. Not many guns left in these gun stores. Some, but not many.
Thanks for the report so I don’t have to travel. I’ve bought 4 online over the past week. These would not have been found in a B&M store.

Folks, if you’re really interested in grabbing some stock when it goes live, I suggest you look into creating your own notification system. There are a number of ways to do this, even if you have no programming experience. One of the easiest ways is to use a plugin for your browser that refreshes a page every x seconds and sends an alert when it detects a change. You can write an AppleScript, java applet, or one of any hundred other ways.
This sounds intriguing... hmm but I am not very tech savvy

This sounds intriguing... hmm but I am not very tech savvy

There are a million more, some with better features than others. I just pulled the first two random ones from a quick Google search. I personally just wrote my own AppleScript that uses iMessage to send me a text but I'm sure you can find something similar out there already written if you do a little searching.

There are a million more, some with better features than others. I just pulled the first two random ones from a quick Google search. I personally just wrote my own AppleScript that uses iMessage to send me a text but I'm sure you can find something similar out there already written if you do a little searching.
Awesome! Will take a look into it! Much appreciated

Ladies and Germs, this right here is called adapting to your environment. “If you don’t evolve you’ll become extinct.”– Mark Kerr.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DAXjozI4-q4

Back
Top Bottom