Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

whoa. even the grotesquely overpriced home defense stuff on TS is starting to move

Meh, HST’s have been .80/rd. Since January. They haven’t been .60/rd. since mid 2019 as far as I can tell (judging by my invoices). However, back then they had their half off sales. That was one good sale I was able to jump on.

Well, THERE Is the big gamble, isn't it?

Take a chance on nothing happening and spending nothing, or plan on very bad things happening and spend what you have to to get whatever you can find?

I mean if you think there’s like a 90% chance that this is the end of the road, take out a credit card, get a loan, spend like 50k-100k on ammo/reloading comps and be a king in the post-apocalyptic works. People have been betting on the lights going out for good for a long time, eventually someone will be correct.

I panic bought during a couple of the scares (Sandy Hook especially), now I’m OK with how much I have, but the truth is you can never have too much ammo.

Hopefully things will chill out a bit and supply with catch up with demand in the next couple months. Again, it’s nice to see some stuff available at only semi-rape prices.

Yep, I just focus more on shooting my guns where the ammo didn't go up a cent
I just switched my habits and now I am buying 7.62x39 and guns to shoot that. I refuse to pay the rape fees for 5.56, but the 7.62 still seems pretty reasonable to me. Now I can stack more!
annnnd.... just like that, I have to buy something that shoots 7.62, because ya those prices were reasonable.... Hahaha oh well :)

annnnd.... just like that, I have to buy something that shoots 7.62, because ya those prices were reasonable.... Hahaha oh well :)
Silly question. If you buy a 7.62 "upper", can that work with any AR lower? Or do you need a special 7.62 lower? I'm guessing you need the matching bolt and magazines. Does this caliber work "normally" in an AR?

Silly question. If you buy a 7.62 "upper", can that work with any AR lower? Or do you need a special 7.62 lower? I'm guessing you need the matching bolt and magazines. Does this caliber work "normally" in an AR?
Normal AR lower will work. You need special mags. Although companies like cmmg and PSA have dedicated lowers that will take ak mags.

I’ll let you know when I finish my build. Some say they run better on a heavier buffer, like an H2 or H3. Also they tend to like a little modification of the feed ramp from what I read. Like one big ramp, not a split ramp. Also 10rd mags are apparently good to go but result may vary with standard cap

I mean if you think there’s like a 90% chance that this is the end of the road, take out a credit card, get a loan, spend like 50k-100k on ammo/reloading comps and be a king in the post-apocalyptic works. People have been betting on the lights going out for good for a long time, eventually someone will be correct.

Too bad all the reloading components are gone too...

You can use it with any AR lower, just realize you're investing in a dumpster fire / saarlac pit in which cash will pottentially disappear into. The problem is the magwell on a regular AR really isn't made for 762 x 39. So hijinx and hackery ensuses..... amongst other things....

You can use it with any AR lower, just realize you're investing in a dumpster fire / saarlac pit in which cash will pottentially disappear into. The problem is the magwell on a regular AR really isn't made for 762 x 39. So hijinx and hackery ensuses..... amongst other things....

So, let me re-ask the questions, with emphasis added.
"If you buy a 7.62 "upper", can that work with any AR lower? Or do you need a special 7.62 lower? I'm guessing you need the matching bolt and magazines. Does this caliber work "normally" in an AR?"

No would have been an acceptable answer.
;-)

"If you buy a 7.62 "upper", can that work with any AR lower? Or do you need a special 7.62 lower? I'm guessing you need the matching bolt and magazines. Does this caliber work "normally" in an AR?"

;-)

It will (on paper, at least) work, it's just a highly imperfect setup. It's like having a car where you had to cut the front of the car off to drop that LS1 motor into it.... [rofl]

;-)

get away from my hot man loads, damnit (and i mean that in a totally gay way). i'm tired of all you silly-pants AR guys buying up all my ammo.

i'm going to build an AR in 9.3x74R so everyone stays the f*** out of my (online retailer) stash. [rofl]

;-)

There are LOTS of reports out there of well functioning 7.62 uppers running on absolutely standard Milspec lowers with carbine buffers and springs. The feed issues crop up in 20 and 30rd mags occasionally. Ballistics are very similar to a .300BO, I’ll report back soon with an actual account of how mine runs and what Hackery was or was not needed. I spent a good deal of time researching and my personal finding from that was a nice pistol length setup will probably run well out of the box and have superior ballistics to my 5.56

There are LOTS of reports out there of well functioning 7.62 uppers running on absolutely standard Milspec lowers with carbine buffers and springs. The feed issues crop up in 20 and 30rd mags occasionally. Ballistics are very similar to a .300BO, I’ll report back soon with an actual account of how mine runs and what Hackery was or was not needed. I spent a good deal of time researching and my personal finding from that was a nice pistol length setup will probably run well out of the box and have superior ballistics to my 5.56

DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM...

GOD DAMNIT!!!

Most 22 pistols will shoot Minimags problem-free all day long... the Rugers MK1-2-3-4 will shoot also everything else. However the combat- looking Walters and Sigs in 22 will shoot pretty much only minimags and some high speed Remington that I forgot what it was called.

The above was a surprise. I have had for years a Ruger MK3, but recently got me a Walter P22... and to my dismay it shot only Minimags and sucked with everything else. Did some investigation- yep- it is picky. And here I was thinking all 22 pistols shoot all 22 ammo without any issues. Nope. Live and learn.
My P22 runs flawlessly on Remy Golden Bullet 40gr...

View attachment 376592
My Walther P22Q runs Federal game shok, Remnington golden, CCI mini-mags, Aguila super extra, and Aguila Standard with no problems. Some .22 pistols need 1k or so through the pipe to run smooth. Again, I trust this P22Q.

Normal AR lower will work. You need special mags. Although companies like cmmg and PSA have dedicated lowers that will take ak mags.
I’ll let you know when I finish my build. Some say they run better on a heavier buffer, like an H2 or H3. Also they tend to like a little modification of the feed ramp from what I read. Like one big ramp, not a split ramp. Also 10rd mags are apparently good to go but result may vary with standard cap

;-)
It will (on paper, at least) work, it's just a highly imperfect setup. It's like having a car where you had to cut the front of the car off to drop that LS1 motor into it.... [rofl]
get away from my hot man loads, damnit (and i mean that in a totally gay way). i'm tired of all you silly-pants AR guys buying up all my ammo.

i'm going to build an AR in 9.3x74R so everyone stays the f*** out of my (online retailer) stash. [rofl]
As one who has built one from an 80 lower and used mags that were poopooed I can say with about 1k rounds I had one single bad primer strike, one. No other failure of any kind. Miller with a jig, CMMG lpk, complete upper, standard carbine buffer, and currently using ASC mags. Now I have read of many who have had issues with certain mags and lowers but it has not been my experience. For the price of steel pre-wu I believe it is an excellent candidate for an AR build. For a .30 cal pistol this thing is a joy to shoot with very little recoil and pretty darn accurate to 50 and beyond with a 10.5” barrel and a rds.

Hey if they work, more power to you guys... I have just seen a lot of "gonads and strife" with those things. Maybe vendors have actually worked out the problems, and someone figured out how
to manufacture a magazine that wasn't retardedly bad. This thread is literally the first time I ever heard anyone say anything GOOD about an AR in 7.62 x 39. [laugh]

Then again I'm still bitter at companies like AMD who did stupid shit 15 years ago, so there's that... [rofl] that's what I get for working off dated knowledge.

124g 9mm in stock.. still $.33 per round, which may be good news it didn't go up

36 cents per round to the general public. I just got some 9mm at a local shop yesterday for 30 cents per round and felt like that was a princely sum to pay. I happened to be there for something else and felt compelled to grab some 9mm since they had it. They were rationing it so I only got 200 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom