• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I've been waiting for some of the cheaper 9mm stuff to get back in stock (aluminum casing, etc) but no luck so far.
Agreed, I just can't see myself laying down $12.99 or more on a box of target 9. That's like a 50% mark up compared to what I paid just a couple of months ago. Then again, I like to have a couple of years supply on hand at all times.

Agreed, I just can't see myself laying down $12.99 or more on a box of target 9. That's like a 50% mark up compared to what I paid just a couple of months ago. Then again, I like to have a couple of years supply on hand at all times.
You going to be waiting a while.... this more or less describes the state of the 9mm supply chain right now...
(nsfw)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWESB56wcxY

Another big online retailer had cases of Blazer brass 9mm for $218.99 plus $10 shipping earlier tonight. Also had a $15 off coupon bringing it to just over 21 cents per round delivered. Needless to say it didn’t last long.

Has anyone dealt with their customer service? I ordered successfully in the past, but now I put in my credit card information over and over (like ten times) and it’s not taking it. Driving me crazy. I filled out the contact form and got ignored. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Ordered a case of 9mm 124gr PMC Monday , shipped Tues arrived today, Prime.
Nice, although from now on I might have to run my orders through you. The half a case of HST I ordered last Tues. morning just got packed this afternoon, who knows when UPS will get off their asses and do their job though.

Has anyone dealt with their customer service? I ordered successfully in the past, but now I put in my credit card information over and over (like ten times) and it’s not taking it. Driving me crazy. I filled out the contact form and got ignored. Has anyone else dealt with this?
If you have a facebook account you'll most likely have the best luck on their site there. With everything going on I don't think they have the staff to answer the emails.

I was surprised at the service as the site had a banner advising of a 3-5 day order processing time-I got a Prime membership a few months ago and this was my first purchase-$11.92/box, I think.

This was my first pistol and Joe from JC Arms helped me put it together. The muzzle brake is a Troy Claymore. I like it because it focuses the muzzle blast forward. Actually it is engraved on the underside: “Point towards enemy”
Help me out and I know this is coming off as being a wise ass, but it redirects the muzzle blast forward? Wouldn’t that increase the recoil? Is there some other purpose that I am missing?

Just poking a little fun at the trendy cartridges. I was once guilty of buying the trend as well. Anyone remember the 22 CHeetah or the 7mm STW? I had both and had a lot of fun with them. Experimenting with new cartridges and new guns is what keeps our sport alive.
My next rifle, which I'll be building this summer, will be in the 280 Remington with an Ackley Improvement. Good times indeed.
Both good cartidges..you can load the 280 for anything from varmint to Moose. It’s perfect in the 700 Mountain Rifle..

Help me out and I know this is coming off as being a wise ass, but it redirects the muzzle blast forward? Wouldn’t that increase the recoil? Is there some other purpose that I am missing?
Not sure. It’s a soft shooting pistol as is so I’m not sure how a common A2 would function.

It was my understanding that linear comps are mainly for reduction of perceived concussive blast on SBR's (from the shooter's perspective), as they direct sound downrange as opposed to radially. They also allow for longer hand guards, as there's no radial ejection of gases to contend with.

I don't know if the science makes any sense for them reducing recoil unless there's something to be said about slowing down the gases while they travel through the linear ports.

Two days ago I received notification from UPS that a package from Target Sports was going to be delivered today. This morning I got one from them basically saying nuh uh, target sports didn't give it to them. The order status on Target sports says "order processed, ready for UPS". Again, this is an order with shotgun shells in it. All of my orders that take the longest have shotgun shells in them.

Two days ago I received notification from UPS that a package from Target Sports was going to be delivered today. This morning I got one from them basically saying nuh uh, target sports didn't give it to them. The order status on Target sports says "order processed, ready for UPS". Again, this is an order with shotgun shells in it. All of my orders that take the longest have shotgun shells in them.

Slugs/buck or skeet/trap loads? When I've ordered skeet rounds (#9 mostly, some #8) from them, it took forever. I reload 12ga, so I'd only buy 20ga and 410 but damn did it take forever.

Slugs/buck or skeet/trap loads? When I've ordered skeet rounds (#9 mostly, some #8) from them, it took forever. I reload 12ga, so I'd only buy 20ga and 410 but damn did it take forever.

I've bought Rio Trap Loads through them a few times, they are very seldomly in stock and only for a very short period.

Just noticed it’s back in stock though only about 12 bricks left or so. Some complained of the 240 gr cases expanding in wheels guns. Other claimed the 300gr was the way to go. Hot and heavy stuff.

I actually had this happen in my 629. the 240gr brass jammed up solid. 300gr run like a dream.

Very, Very Good Wolf 00-buck in stock. 100 round cases for $64.22 (PRIME) Or, 64 cents a round...
Tight grouping in my Mossberg 500/590a1 and Rem 870's.
My 2nd favorite 00-buck behind Federal...
Wolf 12 Gauge Ammo 2 3/4" 00 Power Buckshot 9 Pellets
View attachment 361930
View attachment 361932

My case should be here today!
Now, if only the local PD’s weren’t occupying the rifle/shotgun bays every freaking day until July, I might be in an even better mood. Meh

They reduce recoil but not as much as a traditional comp would. I do notice the noise reduction/redirection.

Back
Top Bottom