• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I got the same stuff from Mass Firearms school the other day for 11.99/box. They had a bunch of .300AAC in stock on the shelf too.
Not bad at all. That beats TS. I guess the only downside is limited purchase quantity per customer in some LGS’s.

Ive been having good luck finding guys off of ARFCOM willing to ship to Mass and selling less per round than TSUSA - and no tax.
ARF is a good site. Ammo cost may be cheap, but no they ship free. For a while, 9mm was 12 cents a round on TS. And that's shipped to my front door.

ARF is a good site. Ammo cost may be cheap, but no they ship free. For a while, 9mm was 12 cents a round on TS. And that's shipped to my front door.

The guy only charged me $15 to ship 1000 rounds of wolf gold. Got it in 2 days. So $365 in total.

So that $7 a box plus shipping no tax. Not bad.

My tsusa prime ammo lapsed so it was def cheaper than buying from tsusa retail (even tho u cant find wolf gold on tsusa now anyways). Wolf gold was $7.39 a box retail before being OOS.

The guy only charged me $15 to ship 1000 rounds of wolf gold. Got it in 2 days. So $365 in total.
That's still 36 cents/rnd. For that much, you might as well buy Federal. I'm almost positive Wolf Gold was less than 30 cents/rnd pre-corona.

edit: looked up previous orders. WG was $4.96/box (w/ prime), that's basically 25 cents. A case would be $250 shipped. (EDITED)

Last edited:
That's still 36 cents/rnd. For that much, you might as well buy Federal. I'm almost positive Wolf Gold was less than 30 cents/rnd pre-corona.

edit: looked up previous orders. WG was $4.96/box (w/ prime), that's basically 20 cents. A case would be $200 shipped.
I dont think WG ever got that low. You may be confusing it with steel cased?

eta- $4.96 for a box of 20 is $0.248/round or $250/case which sounds more like pre-corona pricing.

You're correct: 25 cents.
I'm 100% positive its wolf brass. I used to pay 18 cents for steel 223. Both 55 and 62 grain.
I was just guessing on you quoting steel cased by accident because I used to watch WG prices like a hawk but I havent bought steel in years so I couldnt tell you what steel costs, only that WG never got to 20 cents. Id be living in an igloo made out of WG cases right now if it had [laugh]

Last edited:
Bought a couple boxes of 50 at Cabela's yesterday for 2.99, apparently the MK IV 22/45 Lite does not like it, bunch of FTF. However when it did feed it shot well? Going to try it in the M41 tomorrow.

Check the OAL vs other brand cartridges that feed with out issue in your MK IV.

I believe, just as @djbradles has said, that the Aguila Super Extra HV 40gr PRN is a very good cartridge/value (despite the cat piss smelling primers).

However what I observed was that the cartridge's OAL was just long enough that the projectile contacted the front face of the magazines for my Mark IV Hunter, dragging and causing feeding issues.

For that reason I stopped purchasing those cartridges and instead when available bought the Aguila Super Extra HV 38gr PHP which gave me no such issues.
That being said I still have 1000+ of the PRN type on hand they are just fine in my rifles.

🐯

edit: looked up previous orders. WG was $4.96/box (w/ prime), that's basically 25 cents. A case would be $250 shipped. (EDITED)

You're right. WG was $4.96 back in 2018. But again, pre-Corona pricing. Everything now is almost double what is was 1 or 2 years ago and usually OOS. Right now, TSUSA has WG for $7.99 retail but OOS.

I could have picked up Federal XM193 for $396 (includes tax and shipping) for 1,000 rounds when TSUSA had them in stock 2 weeks ago. Oh well. I'm not that bothered in the end. I like Wolf Gold.

Just received a shipping notification of my Prime Ammo Mystery Gift, and the tracking says 1.5 lbs? I'm guessing that not much ammo is included, if that's the case. Perhaps because it's just my first anniversary doing business with them? Anyone else receive a very light gift from them lately?

Frank

Just received a shipping notification of my Prime Ammo Mystery Gift, and the tracking says 1.5 lbs? I'm guessing that not much ammo is included, if that's the case. Perhaps because it's just my first anniversary doing business with them? Anyone else receive a very light gift from them lately?

Frank

i didnt realize this was a thing.. it feels like it was about a year ago i placed a larger order...

I appreciate what i recieved in giftbox..
I jist dont shoot enough i guess.. wont need ammo till Well after the elections.

Frank
I got mine last week.
- TSUSA branded .30 cal ammo can
- A Federal ammunition cap
- Key chain
- Two stickers
- One 20-round box of steel case Tulammo .223
- Loose bag of (25) 7.62x39 cartridges

Basically the same as last year, which was a loose bag of 20 pieces of 22lr and a ripped 20-round box of 7.62x39.

I look at the mystery box as "heh, that's cool." If you have any expectations of any kind other than the ammo can, you are likely to be disappointed.

I am pretty sure they just toss in damaged/ripped stuff that they can't sell. Still, it shoots.

Back
Top Bottom