• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tactical laser/light for Glock 19

Prepper

NES Member
I screwed up before when buying a tactical light for a pistol (would not fit no matter what it claimed it would fit on), so I don't want to screw up again.

My Glock 19 has some kind of rail under the front. Do all Glocks have the same type of rail (if they have a rail at all -- my Glock 17 has nothing)?

I'm considering this Streamlight TLR:

http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/product/0041370712628a.shtml

which says "Mounts to most any side-mount Glock or 1913 Picatinny rail." Is that what I have? Why does it say "side-mount" if the mount is underneath and not on the side? Will this product work well together with the gun?

Thanks.

Much better price at Amazon too... I placed an order there, $100 for the TLR1.

TLR's are good to go on all Glocks with rails. I use the TLR-1 on all of mine [smile]

TLR's are good to go on all Glocks with rails. I use the TLR-1 on all of mine [smile]

Ditto. I love Surefire lights but my TLR-1 has been a workhorse for a few years and run hard on several guns. They are the only ones I will consider in my G-19.

The TLR-1 fits my Glock perfectly, without having to change the "keys" since it came with the Glock key initially installed. I like the feel of the switch. This thing is extremely bright... it is comparable to my 200 lumens Liotec "Freedom" flashlight.

So, this makes a good choice for being in my quick-access safe for a home invasion type of scenario. I'll never conceal carry this, but I may want to open carry on rural private land at night. Any holster suggestions that would accommodate the light well?

Any holster suggestions that would accommodate the light well?

Safariland ALS with Level 1 retention is what I use. Works very well, smooth draw and solid lock down system. I run mine with a 2" duty drop and it rides well.

The drop down menu lists various Glock models and specifically says TLR1. Picture doesn't change however.

How do you like the light? Do you find your off hand thumb can hit the momentary-on fairly easily?

Like this one?
Yup that's the one. The hood is easily removed with an allen wrench too. Yeah the drop down list doesn't change the picture but that's the holster. You can actually adjust the drag tension on the holster too. I do find it easy enough to toggle the light rocker switch with my off hand thumb as well. You could also get a leg platform and run it that way too as I know it will work. I'm just not a huge fan of them as they are hot and feel very constricting on my thigh. Every time i have run a thigh rig I have run it extremely high.

How do you like the light? Do you find your off hand thumb can hit the momentary-on fairly easily?

It works great with my thumb. I can easily flick it down, or a reverse flick up, while holding it in the proper shooting position. I still need to test it at the range to make sure there's no issues and that it can withstand the recoil. It otherwise seems to be on there solidly.

I still need to test it at the range to make sure there's no issues and that it can withstand the recoil. It otherwise seems to be on there solidly.
It will take the recoil just fine. I use mine on my Glock all the time, had it mounted on an XD before that, used it on my M-9 before that and my other one has over 8k rounds of abuse from being mounted on my M4 in the 12 o'clock position over my PWS brake...both just keep on ticking!

Like this one?

http://www.ondutygear.com/sa63le1reals.html

It isn't obvious from the pic where the light would fit. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong one?

Here's a little insight into Safariland's numbering system. If the second group of numbers ends with a "2", the holster will accept a light. So, for example, a 6320-83 won't accept a mounted light, but a 6320-832 will.

Back
Top Bottom