Survey Volunteers for Daughter's 2nd Amendment Essay

Titan

Banned
My daughter in College is working on a writing project in support of the 2nd Amendment as well as women's involvement with firearms. She's looking for volunteers 'active in the community' to help with a brief survey in the next day or so. She'll share the results with anyone who volunteers.

The survey will be five or six questions related to the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership, and each will require a short paragraph or two in the way of a response.

Post your willingness to volunteer in this thread.

'Active in the Community' means someone actively involved in supporting the 2A, in the community, on a regular basis. Examples might be...

Appleseed Instructors
Any other certified firearms instructor
Gun Shop/Dealer/Vendor (owners or employees)
Gun Clubs board members of members heavily involved in representing the club or recruiting
GOAL mgmt, board members, or senior employees
Board Admins/Mods
Anyone active in NRA 'Friends of' groups or other structured NRA activities
LEOs

These are ideas, but aren't intended to restrict volunteers. If you think you fit, please volunteer.

What you'll be asked to do is respond to the questions within 24 hours. Questions will be posted no later than tomorrow. You can post here, or email your replies to an address that will be provided.

For her references, You'll be asked for...
Your ID and/or your name (you chose)
Your 'title'/role in the gun community

THANKS, in advance for volunteering.

Titan

Last edited:
I am sure AbbyOakley would be happy to assist. NRA Apprentice Instructor, Appleseed Orange Hat, Chairperson of Club Youth Committee, Distinguished Expert with Light Rifle...... and very very shy girl.

My daughter in College is working on a writing project in support of the 2nd Amendment as well as women's involvement with firearms. She's looking for volunteers 'active in the community' to help with a brief survey in the next day or so.

Is she just looking for female volunteers? If not, I'll volunteer. Otherwise, I'm not qualified. [laugh]

Is she just looking for female volunteers? If not, I'll volunteer. Otherwise, I'm not qualified. [laugh]

No...not just females. We can absolutely use you.

She's at school today and will be checking with me this evening for responses, and then publishing the questions tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks.

Thanks to all who've responded.

I'm sure she'll want to use all of you. The more the better.

Watch for questions by noonish tomorrow.

Last edited:
If she wants to hear from a woman who doesn't meet any of the criteria on your list but does do the letter-writing thing to our elected officials I'm happy to help.

If she wants to hear from a woman who doesn't meet any of the criteria on your list but does do the letter-writing thing to our elected officials I'm happy to help.

Sounds fine, thank you. Thanks again to all who have volunteered.

Still looking for a few more...

Watch for questions around noonish on Tuesday.

Thanks again to all who've volunteered so far.

She's running behind due to issues with her toddlers, so questions now scheduled to go up by five or six this evening.

Here are the questions from my daughter for her college essay.

Thanks again, to everyone who has volunteered to help. Think of these sort of like electronic interviews. She's looking for YOUR views representing folks active in the gun community at multiple levels. A couple of sentences to a paragraph or so, on each question, is all that should be required, but feel free to be as expansive as you wish.

Please remember that these are HER questions, for HER project. Don't flame me about anything or draw me into debate on the questions vs my own thoughts. She is a fairly new shooter and is, in part, working on refining her own views on the 2A in the context of research for this project.

We're both very grateful for your help.

You can post responses here if you wish, or send your responses via email to 'trixter2a10 AT hotmail DOT com' (replace AT with @,etc.). She'd appreciate responses by end of day Thursday.

QUESTIONS:
1)….Please provide your screen name, or actual name (if replying by email and comfortable doing so) as well as your ‘credentials’ (title, experience, affiliations, etc….i.e. a one-liner describing ‘who you are’ is fine). Feel free to expand on your background as you see fit.

2)….The role of guns in our society has gone through cycles throughout history. In ‘modern times’ it can be argued that political and cultural events and trends helped shape attitudes toward gun ownership. The introduction of an entitlement society, welfare, social engineering; assassinations of John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and Martin Luther King; the assassination attempts on Presidents Ford and Reagan; the wounding of James Brady; shootings at the Texas Tower, Columbine and other schools across the country’….are among the events that helped shape the societal attitudes we now have.
In your opinion, which if any of these factors (or others) represented a turning point, or greatest impact, in leading to the anti-gun movements of today?

3)….In the past couple of years, the Supreme Court has issued rulings in ‘Heller’ and ‘MacDonald’ that have begun to clarify an ‘individual’s right to keep and bear arms’.
What clarifications of the Second Amendment do you think are still needed after these two decisions, and why do you feel additional rulings are necessary?

4)….What do you think are the most common misconceptions of gun owners and gun organizations, among the general public? Please also comment on specific attitudes of women anti-gunners, if you can.

5)….Do you feel that the most dominant print and televised media outlets (MSM) are biased toward gun owners and gun ownership?
Please give examples, from your experience, of things the media has done to reinforce your opinion and explain what you think their motivation is.

ETA: the final couple of questions...
6)….In recent years there’s been a perceived spike in women’s involvement in gun ownership and an increasing awareness of their right to ‘keep and bear arms’.
From your experience, do you feel that the gun community welcomes their involvement or not? Explain.

7)….What have you heard/learned from new shooters, you’ve met, about their reasons for getting involved? Especially, but not restricted to women.

8)….How do you think increased involvement by women can contribute to further emphasizing the Second Amendment, and contribute toward the strictest possible definition of the 2A? Explain, and please use examples from your experience where you can.

Thanks again, to everyone willing to help with this.

Last edited:
Great questions!

I'm kind off glad I don't meet the qualifications to answer them! It looks like it would take quite a bit of thought and writing to do so. I applaud those who take the time to participate.

Great questions!

I'm kind off glad I don't meet the qualifications to answer them! It looks like it would take quite a bit of thought and writing to do so. I applaud those who take the time to participate.

I hope nobody is scared off. Her intent was that people could answer with a sentence or two OR elaborate as they saw fit.

I hope nobody is scared off. Her intent was that people could answer with a sentence or two OR elaborate as they saw fit.

Are you kidding?! There was no way I could let any of that go in one sentence; it was all I could do to keep from sending a 10 page rant.
Very thoughtful questions. Hope she gets everything she needs and the A grade to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom