Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

The bill appears to cost out at $2.05 billion which, if spread over the 131,000 K-12 schools, amounts to $15.6k per school. That won’t do diddly squat. The meat isn’t prevention, it’s more gun laws.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R., Fla.) balked at the urgency to pass the bill. “We are being asked to vote tonight to begin debate on a gun proposal whose legislative text was only made available less than an hour ago,” he said in a tweet.

Last edited:
That cunning plan didn't work for the SJC on stun guns...
I just had a 2014 case of possession of a stun gun. It was in default, and just brought in. As soon as I got the case I submitted a handwritten motion to dismiss based on Ramirez v. Comm., 479 Mass. 331 (2018) (invalidating M.G.L. c. 140 s. 131J as the total prohibition on civilian stungun possession is a violation of the 2nd amendment). The prosecutor offered Guilty, $750 fine prior to my handing him a copy of the motion. Needless to say, we didn't take the deal. [smile]

Last edited:
I just had a 2014 case of possession of a stun gun. It was in default, and just brought in. As soon as I got the case I submitted a handwritten motion to dismiss based on Ramirez v. Comm., 479 Mass. 331 (2018) (invalidating M.G.L. c. 140 s. 131J as the total prohibition on civilian stungun possession is a violation of the 2nd amendment). The prosecutor offered Guilty, $750 fine prior to my handing him a copy of the motion. Needless to say, we didn't take the deal. [smile]
Good for you and your client!

So, how did it turn out in the end?

And you can't carry X gun with Y feature with Z bullet type.

Cases like Bruen are a waste of time. The Left is way ahead of this shit.

The DC city council passed a lot of restrictions after a similar case as the NYSRPA one. The courts struck down most of those restrictions. The court needs to defend the decision by striking down the BS afterwards.

We don’t know how this court will react because the 6-3 court is so new. Thus far they seem to not be timid.

Yup, they're desperate because they realize the Court has been flipped by the Trump appointees and they can't rely on it to uphold their radical agenda anymore.

It's going to be endless baloney until Bloomberg is long dead and the money is all spent so the gun grabbers have no money. Until then the opinion pieces will be "An important legal question, can you carry a weapon outside the home on February 29th of a leap year when it's raining or snowing? Important questions for the courts".

"Does carrying a weapon at a gas station cause more car fires? Surprising shock poll says yes"

etc etc etc. It will just endless nit picking while the country continues unabated flushing itself down the toilet.

so they could hold the most controversial decisions until, say, July 1st, which leads into a huge holiday weekend.

They make their rules, they can release them when they feel like it. Amy Howe from SCOTUSBLOG just said she expects we’ll go into next week. She’s the main person at SCOTUSBLOG and follows the court as much as anyone.

SCOTUSBLOG is live blogging SCOTUSblog - Independent News & Analysis on the U.S. Supreme Court
First opinion released. 8-1 with sotomayor in the dissent. A question involving weather the legislature could intervene to defend a voter ID law. Sotomayor has been in the dissent 19 times this term. The most by any by a decent amount. Kavanaugh and Roberts have been in the majority all but 1 time.

They make their rules, they can release them when they feel like it. Amy Howe from SCOTUSBLOG just said she expects we’ll go into next week. She’s the main person at SCOTUSBLOG and follows the court as much as anyone.
In order to finish this week, they'd have to release 13 opinions in two days.........

They release by least seniority. Gorsuch as the first indicates only Barrett and kavanaugh will have opinions today.

Back
Top Bottom