Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

Do you think Mass. will look at this and change course? NOPE.

Not overnight. But if things like this keep progressing in our favor (that's a big if) its only a matter of time before states like MA run out of options.
The MA House of Reps didn't seem to care a hoot, of course, and let their BloomingTurd/Giffords friends go full 100% Commie retard on us... but in the end they did have to tone it back a bit (not enough, but a little) in view of certain pesky realities.

Perhaps the MA Senate will do better... or possibly worse. My sense is that they know what is taking place elsewhere. It isn't that they aren't aware or don't care. The issue is that they want to go as far as they can possibly go to support a united leftist DimocRAT anti-2A position, but not go so far as to get shot down in flames by leading the entire leftist pack into a fatal Constitutional trap.

Or put another way, they want the most "gun control" they can get without destroying the entire leftist anti-2A movement by going too far. That would be embarrassing. [laugh]

The MA House of Reps didn't seem to care a hoot, of course, and let their BloomingTurd/Giffords friends go full 100% Commie retard on us... but in the end they did have to tone it back a bit (not enough, but a little) in view of certain pesky realities.

Perhaps the MA Senate will do better... or possibly worse. My sense is that they know what is taking place elsewhere. It isn't that they aren't aware or don't care. The issue is that they want to go as far as they can possibly go to support a united leftist DimocRAT anti-2A position, but not go so far as to get shot down in flames by leading the entire leftist pack into a fatal Constitutional trap.

Or put another way, they want the most "gun control" they can get without destroying the entire leftist anti-2A movement by going too far. That would be embarrassing. [laugh]

We have to use their own symbolism against them. We're sitting around talking Bruen this Bruen that and these people don't give a rats a**. What matters the most if forcing them to admit their bias publicly because that's how they lose political support.

The Mass General Court only considers what will keep them in office when considering legislation.
To the vast majority of them having the Federal courts strike down their 'common sense' gun control is the best outcome since they get to hit up their contributors for more money to 'fix' the extremist court's actions.

Other than a small handful of goat fcking extremists, most of the senate and house don't really care about doing anything with gun control.

The Mass General Court only considers what will keep them in office when considering legislation.
True to a point, but that gives them a very wide playground to play in. Most of them (DimocRATS anyway) are "in" for as long as they want to be in this Godawful one-party controlled state. :(
To the vast majority of them having the Federal courts strike down their 'common sense' gun control is the best outcome since they get to hit up their contributors for more money to 'fix' the extremist court's actions.
Only to the point where it doesn't backfire horribly on them on a national level. I guess that was my main point. 🤔
Other than a small handful of goat fcking extremists, most of the senate and house don't really care about doing anything with gun control.
I think it's a party position kind of thing with the majority. Got to support the party, especially the leadership. As far as more "gun control" being a solution to crime or anything else... if they still have half a brain working, they know it's no solution to anything. 👎

True to a point, but that gives them a very wide playground to play in. Most of them (DimocRATS anyway) are "in" for as long as they want to be in this Godawful one-party controlled state. :(

Only to the point where it doesn't backfire horribly on them on a national level. I guess that was my main point. 🤔

I think it's a party position kind of thing with the majority. Got to support the party, especially the leadership. As far as more "gun control" being a solution to crime or anything else... if they still have half a brain working, they know it's no solution to anything. 👎
Just because a Mass democrat is essentially guaranteed reelection doesn't mean they don't take stances to enrich their campaign coffers.

We have to use their own symbolism against them. We're sitting around talking Bruen this Bruen that and these people don't give a rats a**. What matters the most if forcing them to admit their bias publicly because that's how they lose political support.
Yup.
, most of the senate and house don't really care about doing anything with gun control.
And yup.

Need to hit them where it hurts! Repeatedly.

Bruen keeps giving, Saint Benitez strikes down CA background check on ammo purchases:

Decision - Rhode v. Bonta

Refused to stay decision pending appeal. Said State had plenty of opportunity to show the law had historical analogs, but since none were identified during trial, NOPE!

I kinda dig this Benitez kid.

I like the cut of his jib.

While Leftist judges try to find ways to weasel out of following Bruen some judges follow the law and the rulings. Good on Benitez.

Bruen keeps giving, Saint Benitez strikes down CA background check on ammo purchases:

Decision - Rhode v. Bonta

Refused to stay decision pending appeal. Said State had plenty of opportunity to show the law had historical analogs, but since none were identified during trial, NOPE!

Great stuff in CA- what do we have in Mass that is not consistent with Bruen? AWB makes sense to me, where is that in history and tradition?
Needs to be challenged.

Great stuff in CA- what do we have in Mass that is not consistent with Bruen? AWB makes sense to me, where is that in history and tradition?
Needs to be challenged.
AWB is already being challenged in the case of NAGR v. Campbell. However, it’s not going well. Judge in that case recently denied the plaintiffs’ motion for preliminary injunction.

AWB is already being challenged in the case of NAGR v. Campbell. However, it’s not going well. Judge in that case recently denied the plaintiffs’ motion for preliminary injunction.

Yep, state's most recent press release on it below. Everyone thinks we will win in court because of Bruen, I guess I am negative but I don't have that hope. And, even if we eventually get some concessions, it will be years out.

An update yesterday from CCDL on their (and SAF's) CT Grant vs Lamont case.
Grant v. Lamont UPDATE: Opening Brief FILED - Connecticut Citizens Defense League
Per CCD:
Today, CCDL and Second Amendment Foundation filed an opening brief to Judge Arterton’s denial of our preliminary injunction filed in June of 2023. We are hopeful that this decision will be overturned with this filing. Our motion for preliminary injunction would provide relief to all law-abiding gunowners affected by the Connecticut Assault Weapons Ban, and Lamont’s H.B. 6667 (P.A. 23-53). Read the full appeal below!
https://www.ccdl.us/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/GvLOpeningBrief2224.pdf
The CT NAGR v Lamont case and it's derpy anti Bruen ruling by the judge in that case gets mentioned in the brief.

Last edited:
Yep, state's most recent press release on it below. Everyone thinks we will win in court because of Bruen, I guess I am negative but I don't have that hope. And, even if we eventually get some concessions, it will be years out.

From the above link:
"The Court denied that motion stating that the state’s ban on assault weapons and large capacity magazines is consistent with the nation’s historical tradition of limiting access to “dangerous and unusual weapons” given the lethal nature and destructiveness of assault weapons and their general lack of utility in self-defense."

The “AG’s Constitutional and Administrative Law Division” seems flush with MDA hacks who possess a strong slant towards infringement.
So the immigrants flooding Texas is simply just another vehicle to flip Texas Blue. Once Blue winning the WH ever again becomes a daunting task for our side. The Left will never waiver in seizing control of the SCOTUS as with Leftist Judges case like Bruen will be lost. When you look at it the Leftists really have the upper hand in achieving this versus us stopping it.

So the immigrants flooding Texas is simply just another vehicle to flip Texas Blue. Once Blue winning the WH ever again becomes a daunting task for our side. The Left will never waiver in seizing control of the SCOTUS as with Leftist Judges case like Bruen will be lost. When you look at it the Leftists really have the upper hand in achieving this versus us stopping it.

The GOPeeee seems ok with this.

I'm not yet discouraged by that fact since the AWB has been in effect for decades. The Judge would be hard-pressed to agree to prelim injunction on something like that.

And Court's logic is very weak:
"The Court denied that motion stating that the state’s ban on assault weapons and large capacity magazines is consistent with the nation’s historical tradition of limiting access to “dangerous and unusual weapons” given the lethal nature and destructiveness of assault weapons and their general lack of utility in self-defense. "
ARs and AKs are not unusual in the case of ARs they are the most common rifle made now. This can't hold when it goes up againsst appeal.

And yet still the AG's office is trying to argue a different standard yet again - public safety and need:
"pose an inordinate risk to the safety of the public and law enforcement officers, with no meaningful utility for individual self-defense"

Sorry Campbell that isn't what Bruen said. Should be an easy counter from NAGR

And Court's logic is very weak:
"The Court denied that motion stating that the state’s ban on assault weapons and large capacity magazines is consistent with the nation’s historical tradition of limiting access to “dangerous and unusual weapons” given the lethal nature and destructiveness of assault weapons and their general lack of utility in self-defense. "
ARs and AKs are not unusual in the case of ARs they are the most common rifle made now. This can't hold when it goes up againsst appeal.
It shouldn’t hold on appeal, but this is the 1st Circuit, so I won’t be surprised if they use their time honored, well reasoned logic “because guns”. It would not surprise me if we do not get relief short of SCOTUS.

Last edited:
Should be an easy counter from NAGR
Should be, but NAGR will still lose this case on appeal to the 1st Circuit. SCOTUS will also refuse to act on interlocutory appeals. In the grand scheme of things, this case is going nowhere. There are other AWB & mag ban cases in other parts of the country much further along that have a better chance of reaching SCOTUS sooner.

Back
Top Bottom