Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

So the immigrants flooding Texas is simply just another vehicle to flip Texas Blue. Once Blue winning the WH ever again becomes a daunting task for our side. The Left will never waiver in seizing control of the SCOTUS as with Leftist Judges case like Bruen will be lost. When you look at it the Leftists really have the upper hand in achieving this versus us stopping it.
This is something a lot of people miss imo.
It really comes down to one side wanting to eliminate the other or, at the very least hold their boot on the throat of their opponents my any means necessary.
The other side just wants to have a good life and be left alone.
It’s apparent why one side continues to take ground while the other loses it.

So the immigrants flooding Texas is simply just another vehicle to flip Texas Blue. Once Blue winning the WH ever again becomes a daunting task for our side. The Left will never waiver in seizing control of the SCOTUS as with Leftist Judges case like Bruen will be lost. When you look at it the Leftists really have the upper hand in achieving this versus us stopping it.

1707006641509.png

It really comes down to one side wanting to eliminate the other or, at the very least hold their boot on the throat of their opponents my any means necessary.
Our side can't even admit we're at war. Or at least a one sided war. Most are too distracted by petty bs like who Target allows in which bathroom and what Taylor Swift said yesterday.

One side is willing to act and the other side isn't. It doesn't take a whole lot of brains to figure out who will prevail.

Our side can't even admit we're at war. Or at least a one sided war. Most are too distracted by petty bs like who Target allows in which bathroom and what Taylor Swift said yesterday.

One side is willing to act and the other side isn't. It doesn't take a whole lot of brains to figure out who will prevail.
You’re right we need conservatives to act without reservation, but we can equally oppose more than one liberal push. What’s a country going to be like if you’ve gun rights but your kids have to put up with trannies in the bathroom ?

Texas isn't turning blue any time soon. Unlike MA in order to register to vote you have to prove that you are there legally. You do that by either getting a DL or a state issued ID. To get either you have to prove that you are a legal resident of Texas, by submitting documentation at a driver's license office. When you apply, they ask you if you want to register to vote.

The requirements are here, How to Apply for a Texas Driver License | Department of Public Safety

In order to vote in Texas, you need to either present your voter registration card, which they mail to you, or present your TX DL or other form of identification. It's a much tighter process than the joke that is MA voter registration.

You’re right we need conservatives to act without reservation, but we can equally oppose more than one liberal push. What’s a country going to be like if you’ve gun rights but your kids have to put up with trannies in the bathroom ?
I guess find a common denominator and focus on that? Education? The media? What's making people blindly accept gun control and trannies? The legal system? What's making people afraid to act or even speak out against gun control or trannies?

There has to be something that is more at the root of what we're dealing with rather than playing whack-a-mole with 1000 issues while the march left goes uninterrupted.

I get that all this stuff is maddening, but I think that the vast majority of these issues serve as nothing more than a distraction or just a general demoralization.

I guess find a common denominator and focus on that? Education? The media? What's making people blindly accept gun control and trannies? The legal system? What's making people afraid to act or even speak out against gun control or trannies?

There has to be something that is more at the root of what we're dealing with rather than playing whack-a-mole with 1000 issues while the march left goes uninterrupted.

I get that all this stuff is maddening, but I think that the vast majority of these issues serve as nothing more than a distraction or just a general demoralization.
1. Demoralization
2. Destabilization
3. Crisis
4. Normalization

..in that order

Should be, but NAGR will still lose this case on appeal to the 1st Circuit. SCOTUS will also refuse to act on interlocutory appeals. In the grand scheme of things, this case is going nowhere. There are other AWB & mag ban cases in other parts of the country much further along that have a better chance of reaching SCOTUS sooner.
Your probably correct, but it’s best to send as many assault weapon ban cases to SCOTUS as possible.
You never know what these liberal circuits will do.
A good example is the 4th Circuits recent thing in Bianchi v Brown where they took the case en banc and prevented the 3 Judge panel (that heard arguments over a year ago) from issuing a 2A friendly ruling. Now they will try to drag it out for another year hoping Thomas or Alito dosent come down for breakfast one morning.

I guess find a common denominator and focus on that? Education? The media?
Already controlled by gov.
Maybe schools at the local level?
Notice how once parents spoke up against blue haired commie teachers wanting to transition their kids they had the fbi on them toot shit.
What's making people blindly accept gun control and trannies?
My guess is hive mind. There’s a lot of normies that just follow along like zombies. Covid affirmed that for me.
Personally I really don’t gaf about actual trannies that live their life and want to be left alone. It’s when they want to dance in tighty whiteys in front of 5 year olds that I think they need the braaaaap.
The legal system? What's making people afraid to act or even speak out against gun control or trannies?
I think people are still too comfortable and simply don’t want to rock the boat.
Not to mention that “someone” has to go first.
Marxists/commies. I’ve said it before, Uri was right and Mcarthy didn’t go far enough.
You’re absolutely correct.
See above.
People would be wise to go back and listen to Uri Bezmenov and I’ve only seen one other person around here bring up herbert marcuse but we’d all be wise to read some of his stuff. It really puts current events into perspective.

Already controlled by gov.
Maybe schools at the local level?
Notice how once parents spoke up against blue haired commie teachers wanting to transition their kids they had the fbi on them toot shit.

My guess is hive mind. There’s a lot of normies that just follow along like zombies. Covid affirmed that for me.
Personally I really don’t gaf about actual trannies that live their life and want to be left alone. It’s when they want to dance in tighty whiteys in front of 5 year olds that I think they need the braaaaap.

I think people are still too comfortable and simply don’t want to rock the boat.
Not to mention that “someone” has to go first.

Marxists/commies. I’ve said it before, Uri was right and Mcarthy didn’t go far enough.

You’re absolutely correct.
See above.
People would be wise to go back and listen to Uri Bezmenov and I’ve only seen one other person around here bring up herbert marcuse but we’d all be wise to read some of his stuff. It really puts current events into perspective.
People need to stop reading and start doing, unless the plan is to start throwing books at leftists

Texas isn't turning blue any time soon. Unlike MA in order to register to vote you have to prove that you are there legally. You do that by either getting a DL or a state issued ID. To get either you have to prove that you are a legal resident of Texas, by submitting documentation at a driver's license office. When you apply, they ask you if you want to register to vote.

The requirements are here, How to Apply for a Texas Driver License | Department of Public Safety

In order to vote in Texas, you need to either present your voter registration card, which they mail to you, or present your TX DL or other form of identification. It's a much tighter process than the joke that is MA voter registration.
Hope you are correct but Texas is Bluer than many realize.

They are insanely devoted to their cause. We have not matched it....yet.

Should be, but NAGR will still lose this case on appeal to the 1st Circuit. SCOTUS will also refuse to act on interlocutory appeals. In the grand scheme of things, this case is going nowhere. There are other AWB & mag ban cases in other parts of the country much further along that have a better chance of reaching SCOTUS sooner.

Don't forget. They only reach SCOTUS if our side loses in Appellate Court. If we win in another circuit, our opponents would be smart to stand down and let that be the law in their circuit rather than risk another gun case at the Supreme Court. If that happens, then no benefit to us other than contributing to a circuit split if we lose on appeal.

I'm not yet discouraged by that fact since the AWB has been in effect for decades. The Judge would be hard-pressed to agree to prelim injunction on something like that.

And Court's logic is very weak:
"The Court denied that motion stating that the state’s ban on assault weapons and large capacity magazines is consistent with the nation’s historical tradition of limiting access to “dangerous and unusual weapons” given the lethal nature and destructiveness of assault weapons and their general lack of utility in self-defense. "
ARs and AKs are not unusual in the case of ARs they are the most common rifle made now. This can't hold when it goes up againsst appeal.

And yet still the AG's office is trying to argue a different standard yet again - public safety and need:
"pose an inordinate risk to the safety of the public and law enforcement officers, with no meaningful utility for individual self-defense"

Sorry Campbell that isn't what Bruen said. Should be an easy counter from NAGR
Even when we do find judges who are striking down 2A restrictions the reaction by SCOTUS is always overturn and keep the status quo.

The discouraging part of this is the long legal road to SCOTUS, who seems more likely to deny cert to any 2A cases going forward unless there's a circuit split.

You left out the biggest hurdle. NAGR's arguments tend to be ... less than impressive

Do not agree, if the Court's opinion accepts the logic of AG office which is so clearly in conflict with Bruen they may take this one.
But agree that there are other cases better prepped for certiorari than this one.
I don't care, just get it in front of the scotus

Do not agree, if the Court's opinion accepts the logic of AG office which is so clearly in conflict with Bruen they may take this one.
But agree that there are other cases better prepped for certiorari than this one.
I don't care, just get it in front of the scotus
SCOTUS already denied cert to the IL AWB case out of the 7th Circuit which was so clearly in conflict with all of the major 2A cases (Heller, McDonald, Caetano, Bruen). That case was on a similar procedural posture as this one. It’ll get in front of SCOTUS alright, but they won’t do anything without a final judgement in the case.

SCOTUS already denied cert to the IL AWB case out of the 7th Circuit which was so clearly in conflict with all of the major 2A cases (Heller, McDonald, Caetano, Bruen). That case was on a similar procedural posture as this one. It’ll get in front of SCOTUS alright, but they won’t do anything without a final judgement in the case.
Scotus needs to sack up and so something before people start shooting at each other.

Are you sure that they denied cert or did they just vacate the lower court injunction until they decide what they are going to do about cert? Which is the way I read it.

Are you sure that they denied cert or did they just vacate the lower court injunction until they decide what they are going to do about cert? Which is the way I read it.
SCOTUS refused to hear an argument for an interlocutory injunction - they don't want to do anything until final decision in the lower courts.

That's what I thought it was. Justice Barrett as I recall because she supervises the 7CA.
(ORDER LIST: 598 U.S.)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 17, 2023
ORDER IN PENDING CASE​
22A948 NAT. ASSN. FOR GUN RIGHTS, ET AL. V. NAPERVILLE, IL., ET AL.​
The application for a writ of injunction pending appeal presented to Justice Barrett and by her referred to the Court is denied.
That says she referred to the court which denied review - unsigned so we don't know what the internal breakdown was

The IL AWB remains in effect.
That's what I thought it was. Justice Barrett as I recall because she supervises the 7CA.
It wasn’t just Justice Coney-Barrett who refused to act. It was referred to the full court by ACB and the full court denied the request.

Back
Top Bottom