Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

They just don't get it. I guess this is how Alabama was in the early 60's. "We're not gonna do it. We're JUST NOT GONNA DO IT!" Ummmmm, it's now settled law, you dufii. (Plural of dufus.) Reversing this one is impossible as it rests on other settled law. So these states are mega-screwed and this will only lead to FURTHER iron-clad clarifications and possible Con-Carry sooner than later.
NY will be the one that does it.
Stupid and arrogant never ends well.
I still wonder if any AGs from other libtard states have been on the phone begging them to stop before all their control goes up in a supreme court nuke strike ?

NY will be the one that does it.
Stupid and arrogant never ends well.
I still wonder if any AGs from other libtard states have been on the phone begging them to stop before all their control goes up in a supreme court nuke strike ?
I'm sure even Bloombergs people howling at them but most antis, in addition to being mentally ill oxygen thieves in the way child molesters are, are also dumber than a box of rocks, they can't control their thirst of going full retard.

They just don't get it. I guess this is how Alabama was in the early 60's. "We're not gonna do it. We're JUST NOT GONNA DO IT!" Ummmmm, it's now settled law, you dufii. (Plural of dufus.) Reversing this one is impossible as it rests on other settled law. So these states are mega-screwed and this will only lead to FURTHER iron-clad clarifications and possible Con-Carry sooner than later.
Biden will have to send Federal troops to Alabama to distribute arms to those with pending/denied CCW applications, but where are they going to get other than Weapons of War?

They have to double down to appease their Leftist supporters. Remember, these anti's have declared SCOTUS as illegitimate so they view decisions they oppose as illegal and their duty to ignore and try to pass their own legislation to counter the decisions.

They have to double down to appease their Leftist supporters. Remember, these anti's have declared SCOTUS as illegitimate so they view decisions they oppose as illegal and their duty to ignore and try to pass their own legislation to counter the decisions.
Scotus left an out for the left on the abortion issue - states are free to pass less restrictive laws.
But, there is no out for the carry issue - states are not free to nullify the SCOTUS decision by passing a law.

Scotus left an out for the left on the abortion issue - states are free to pass less restrictive laws.
But, there is no out for the carry issue - states are not free to nullify the SCOTUS decision by passing a law.
So what happen if states just ignore SCOTUS, it goes back up the chain to SCOTUS, SCOTUS knocks them back down but they just ignore the decision, or pass anew law that still violatesw the ruling.
When does this end, and how. If it comes down to enforcement, what Gov body does that, and who's job is it to tell them to go hands-on? The FBI has already expressed their opinio0n that SCOTUS got it wrong (the FBI isn't entitled to an opinion, that's the courts job).

Of all the BS going on it's the refusal to conform to a SCOTUS ruling, which is outright rebellion, that has me the most worried about the future of our country. SCOTUS is supposed to be THE last stop, THE LAW, all other gov bodies are supposed to follow what they say, even the president. No one has to agree, but the gov has to do what they say.

So what happen if states just ignore SCOTUS, it goes back up the chain to SCOTUS, SCOTUS knocks them back down but they just ignore the decision, or pass anew law that still violatesw the ruling.
When does this end, and how. If it comes down to enforcement, what Gov body does that, and who's job is it to tell them to go hands-on? The FBI has already expressed their opinio0n that SCOTUS got it wrong (the FBI isn't entitled to an opinion, that's the courts job).

Of all the BS going on it's the refusal to conform to a SCOTUS ruling, which is outright rebellion, that has me the most worried about the future of our country. SCOTUS is supposed to be THE last stop, THE LAW, all other gov bodies are supposed to follow what they say, even the president. No one has to agree, but the gov has to do what they say.

The left wing of the court is already thumbing their noses at SCOTUS on the Bruen case and one judge is deciding the case using tiers of scrutiny which SCOTUS just explicitly said you cannot do. Sometimes I feel that there are a group of people who just want to crash human civilization into the dirt.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGO1jYCIOeA

Again, look at the civil rights struggle. You've heard of US Army troops being mobilized to desegregate southern schools at the express order of the POTUS?

That situation is parallel to this one: SCOTUS rulings ignored, states doubling down. At a certain point, both Ike and JFK understood that no matter how they personally felt about the issue, or how their party voted, the Presidency had to support SCOTUS all the way and force the states to knuckle under.

I'll leave it to you to decide whether you think we've got such people in office nowadays.

Again, look at the civil rights struggle. You've heard of US Army troops being mobilized to desegregate southern schools at the express order of the POTUS?

That situation is parallel to this one: SCOTUS rulings ignored, states doubling down. At a certain point, both Ike and JFK understood that no matter how they personally felt about the issue, or how their party voted, the Presidency had to support SCOTUS all the way and force the states to knuckle under.

I'll leave it to you to decide whether you think we've got such people in office nowadays.
This is exactly why I'm concerned. Because Biden will not do this. And if we get a Prez that will there is likely to be some other, armed, agency that will oppose it.

So... CMP mailing 'civil defense preparedness packages' to every 21+ civilian in the US? If a state intervenes that's messing with the Post Office which is a federal offense and....

So... CMP mailing 'civil defense preparedness packages' to every 21+ civilian in the US? If a state intervenes that's messing with the Post Office which is a federal offense and....

It's difficult for me to see how this would play out, Civil Rights-style.

The Hochul analog is George Corley Wallace, who famously stood in a schoolhouse door to try to prevent desegregation until the federalized NG came by and removed him. So the court order was enforced by state troops under federal control, but I don't think Wallace was arrested. He certainly was not jailed. Afterward, Eisenhower rode herd on him personally, not releasing the Alabama NG back into Wallace's control until Wallace complied.

So the analog, I guess, would be federalization of the NYNG to somehow force sheriffs, or county clerks, or CoPs, or whatever the relevant official is in NYS, to process and issue CCW paperwork in a timely manner, the way SCOTUS wants instead of the way Hochul wants. That would (I guess?) be preceded by a court order, narrowly targeted against the NYS law. Hochul would do some sort of grandstand-y move, then the POTUS would maintain control of the NYNG until he/she was sure NYS would toe the line on future license issuance.

It's difficult for me to see how this would play out, Civil Rights-style.

So the analog, I guess, would be federalization of the NYNG to somehow force sheriffs, or county clerks, or CoPs, or whatever the relevant official is in NYS, to process and issue CCW paperwork in a timely manner, the way SCOTUS wants instead of the way Hochul wants. That would (I guess?) be preceded by a court order, narrowly targeted against the NYS law. Hochul would do some sort of grandstand-y move, then the POTUS would maintain control of the NYNG until he/she was sure NYS would toe the line on future license issuance.
Nobody presently in federal govt is going to federalize NYNG to do what you say, of course you know this. I submitted all required forms over 6 weeks ago requesting a duplicate CCL w/o restrictions (I've had it over 30 years), thinking I could get it done prior to Hochul's new laws (active Sept. 1st) requiring training etc... Only requires a county judge's signature, and Crickets....

Nobody presently in federal govt is going to federalize NYNG to do what you say, of course you know this. I submitted all required forms over 6 weeks ago requesting a duplicate CCL w/o restrictions (I've had it over 30 years), thinking I could get it done prior to Hochul's new laws (active Sept. 1st) requiring training etc... Only requires a county judge's signature, and Crickets....
Yep.

I do know this.

Good luck though just the same.

🐯

29 months. 29 months until a new administration starts threatening to send troops to NY, MA, CA, CT, NJ and others. Shockingly, if they are still foot-dragging, they'll comply awful fast.

Once they comply, you will never get a significant non-compliance again. It's just inertia. They may THREATEN, but there is always enough people thinking the Nukulur option is a bad idea. "We'll just stop following federal laws! What are they gonna do? Not send us our federal subsidies for roads and schools and medicaid and . . . . oh wait."

I'd like one more SC ruling, or a few strong appeals courts rulings on this to shut it all down. Prefer the latter - when the entire courts system is forced to recognize this right. (Again, very similar to the Civil Rights movement. "But they aren't people like we are people. They shouldn't HAVE these rights!").

I don't see any state pulling bullspit after the next smackdown.

29 months. 29 months until a new administration starts threatening to send troops to NY, MA, CA, CT, NJ and others. Shockingly, if they are still foot-dragging, they'll comply awful fast.

This was my implication up above, though... I'm not sure there are very many politicians from either party who'd call that bluff. DeSantis might. Might.

They all should. ANY president should. Biden should. But as we've all learned in life, "should" is not a basis on which one can rely, especially when discussing politics.

Let's say Trump/DeSantis wins in 2024 and decides to enforce SCOTUS/Federal laws States are ignoring. He threatens to cut off Fed funds to States unless they comply and send in FBI/US Marshall's to arrest Governor's/AG's who resist Feds. Governor's instruct State Police to protect State Pols and instructs Adjutant Generals to call out NG to defend State's rights. Will FBI/US Marshall's obey Trump or DeSantis orders? Will States comply without force? Will citizens in Blue States rebel? Perfect scenario for a Civil War which for some idiotic reason Leftists actually think they can win.
"We Live in Interesting Times"

Yes. It won't come to that. And if it does, they will. George Wallace complied. He didn't like it, but eventually complied. Ditto here.

6 months later, with no bloodshed in teh streets like predicted and everyone will STFU.

Let's say Trump/DeSantis wins in 2024 and decides to enforce SCOTUS/Federal laws States are ignoring. He threatens to cut off Fed funds to States unless they comply and send in FBI/US Marshall's to arrest Governor's/AG's who resist Feds. Governor's instruct State Police to protect State Pols and instructs Adjutant Generals to call out NG to defend State's rights. Will FBI/US Marshall's obey Trump or DeSantis orders? Will States comply without force? Will citizens in Blue States rebel? Perfect scenario for a Civil War which for some idiotic reason Leftists actually think they can win.
"We Live in Interesting Times"
Trump didn't do anything for 2A rights the first time. What makes you think he will enforce anything if he wins in 2024.

I think 99% of them could be 2 minutes. But you need to make it at least 6 and preferably 13 or so to get monetized correctly. The longer your video, the more $ you can make.

As an aside, it seems like from my observations on various different YT channels that all-in, you earn about 50c per subscriber per year, gross profit. So take that for what you will.

This guy?
hqdefault.jpg

Remember him when you look at the night sky.
maxresdefault.jpg
According to Cundalini, it looks like The Nightrider won’t be down for breakfast.😢
3192A939-34FF-4216-9F02-A22E378FC972.png

Trump didn't do anything for 2A rights the first time. What makes you think he will enforce anything if he wins in 2024.

He won't, but he'll mainly steer clear of that rail. Honestly disbanding the FBI and doing nothing else would make getting him elected again worth it.

He won't, but he'll mainly steer clear of that rail. Honestly disbanding the FBI and doing nothing else would make getting him elected again worth it.
Even though he didn't directly fight for 2A rights, I should have remembered he did fill enough circuit courts and SCOTUS with conservative Judges to give us some help.

Disbanding the FBI is a pipe dream. I'd love to see it, but it'll never happen. Ever.

As for the Trumpster? What we got made his election worth it already. Trump's court gave us Bruen, and that's a far better legacy than most presidents ever get.

Trump II? I'd vote for him, but I'm doubtful he'd clean house the way it needs to be cleaned.

Disbanding the FBI is a pipe dream. I'd love to see it, but it'll never happen. Ever.
Disbanding the FBI is like defunding the police.

Does the FBI need to be reformed? Oh Lord, yes indeed. But we do need an agency to investigate crimes that cross state borders and that performs counter-espionage.

Last edited:
In regards to getting rid of the FBI, simple; congress doesn’t send them another dime. Anytime a funding bill comes up, we contact the GOP and make sure a they know if they fund it we will never vote for them again. It doesn’t matter if they are running against Hillary, we will blank the race.

In regards to getting rid of the FBI, simple; congress doesn’t send them another dime. Anytime a funding bill comes up, we contact the GOP and make sure a they know if they fund it we will never vote for them again. It doesn’t matter if they are running against Hillary, we will blank the race.
So we put the Dems in charge and they give them the money. Sounds like a great plan.

The GOP doesn't control Congress. Not sure how you think the minority party can defund an agency.

I’m just tired of the option of voting for the guy that stabs me in the gut rather than the heart and thanking him for it.

Assuming they win the house in November - big assumption based on election integrity.

Back
Top Bottom