Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

Wonder how this will do with the courts:

He’s so desperate, he’ll say anything. The NY Times poll pout today has his approval at 33%. Same poll has 65% of democrats don’t want him to run in 2024. 33% because he’s too old, 32% because of job performance.

There are AWB cases in the 9th circuit and 4th circuit. Those panels are likely to strike the AWBs in those states down.

Last edited:
Wonder how this will do with the courts:

Ever get the feeling that the Biden administration is like a trapped and wounded animal? Trapped in a corner by a rabid dog that's ready rip their throats out? So out of desperation the animal will try anything just to keep alive while the rabid dog just wants a living toy to squeak when it gets bitten and chewed on until it gets tired of the squeeky chew toy/cat.

Nothing is worse than a trapped animal and that's the Biden admin. Fortunately for us the animal is 80 years old, probably has very clear dementia and way out of it's league. Thankfully for all of us the gun community is very diverse and continues to grow with ever passing day and therefore extremely powerful and very able to push back in every direction.

Personally I think Biden tosses some red meat to the Moms who somehow demand action because facing the reality of Hunter Bidens iphone or laptop is going to be very painful for him.

I buddy renewed in Brookline last Thursday. he was always "Range & Business only".....Licensing officer: "since the SCOTUS decision, all permits will have no restrictions, here's your receipt, you should have it in 5 weeks"
Wow. The same chief who won't even let his officers carry off-duty now has to sign these LTCs? That's got to chap his behind...

I've had lefties say the same thing to me, that because I'm armed I'm going to protect them.
This always reminds me of a funny story. Prior to Y2K I was attending a birthday party for a friend’s wife. So it was a mixed bag of guests. I’m standing around with the host and a mutual friend. We’re discussing the pending apocalypse and what if any preparations we’ve made. Along comes a neighbor who attempts to join the conversation. Let’s just say this particular gentleman was not of our ilk so could not add anything to the conversation. Eventually our mutual friend inquired with the neighbor if he’d made any preparations just in case things went sideways. The neighbor looked at our friend incredulously and said, “No. What should I be doing?”. Our friend responded by asking the neighbor if he owned a firearm. To which the neighbor replied, “No. If it happens that things get so bad that I need a gun, I’ll just come knocking on our host’s door.” Our host looked his neighbor in the eye and said, “If things ever get that bad, you better hope I don’t come knocking on your door.” The neighbor excused himself and went over to talk with the ladies. 🤣

This always reminds me of a funny story. Prior to Y2K I was attending a birthday party for a friend’s wife. So it was a mixed bag of guests. I’m standing around with the host and a mutual friend. We’re discussing the pending apocalypse and what if any preparations we’ve made. Along comes a neighbor who attempts to join the conversation. Let’s just say this particular gentleman was not of our ilk so could not add anything to the conversation. Eventually our mutual friend inquired with the neighbor if he’d made any preparations just in case things went sideways. The neighbor looked at our friend incredulously and said, “No. What should I be doing?”. Our friend responded by asking the neighbor if he owned a firearm. To which the neighbor replied, “No. If it happens that things get so bad that I need a gun, I’ll just come knocking on our host’s door.” Our host looked his neighbor in the eye and said, “If things ever get that bad, you better hope I don’t come knocking on your door.” The neighbor excused himself and went over to talk with the ladies. 🤣
I had the entitled JAP across the street pull the same thing on me once..."I'll be coming to your house". my response, "Ass, grass or gas, no free rides"

Total shock!

This is the same twat who was always hounding me for free electrical work. I said "sure, show me your tits" That put an end to her begging pretty quick

Last edited:
That's today, in 50 years I will say the demographics are going to swing far away from the left. Whoever remains of the left will be medicated and kept in isolation tanks with VR goggles while they imagine that they are dolphin-sexuals, elves or king of the world in their own fantasy Meta universe where they ride in on a unicorn and blow fairy dust on bad guys. They will have human to peanut butter sandwich operations in their universe along with PB&J being new pronouns to describe them.

Demographically though the far left is not having children, but the far right is. Lots of people start off on the far left in life because it's the easiest place to start from. Everything else takes actual time to digest and understand, critical thinking and the ability to ask difficult questions about one's own personal motives or the realization of 'how do I wish the world to be' versus 'how the world really is'. Some people can never get past that, but by not breeding they are going to slowly disappear from the social consciousness and the population by their own hand. In several decades they will be angry, pissed off, middle aged, blue haired incels who deeply regret their sex change surgery and the resulting sterilization while they watch the conservative family happily playing with their kids at the park. Something they can never have. They will be even angrier when they realize that they will die alone with no one to be with them. It will anger them that they can never have that because they lived in a blue bubble where everyone golf clapped everyone else's madness as a leftie purity acceptance test and they themselves were golf clapped onto the operating room table and no one else would dare to whisper in their ears "are you sure you want this?". But they will remain largely ignored by everyone else, in much the same way that the 70 year old blue haired worn out hippie chick in aisle 5 of Whole Foods stomps her feet and stammers over the wilting kale is ignored today.

Bravo! Are you @drgrant's sister?

I had the entitled JAP across the street pull the same thing on me once..."I'll be coming to your house". my response, "Ass, grass or gas, no free rides"

Total shock!

This is the same twat who was always hounding me for free electrical work. I said "sure, show me your tits" That put an end to her begging pretty quick

...is she hot?

Total shock!

...is she hot?

Jewish American Princess?
Jalapeño Anal Piercing?
Junked Ammo Pit?
Jumbo Anemic Pig?

Total shock!

Hey, that was not bargaining chip when you did my stuff! I would have flashed you!

The way it was taught to me many years ago was if the police put the handcuffs on you are under arrest whether they say so or not. That was based on a SJC case way back. That's why unlike in other states the police can't put handcuffs on you "for your safety."

Maybe that's changed, but I don't recall ever seeing anything about a change.

So funny story time: In my errant youth in college, I was feeling particularly angsty and flipped off a cop that was in his cruiser while we were in traffic. He quickly pulled me over into a parking lot and told me not to do it again. Of course when he walked away I flipped him off again. So he puts me in handcuffs and tells me I'm under arrest for disorderly conduct. Then we spend 20 minutes arguing and when another officer shows up, we debate whether hand signs are protected under 1A (which of course they are). He then lets me go and instead of an arrest (which of course would have been a lawsuit/expunged/et al), he saw that there was a crack in my windshield so he wrote me an equipment violation ticket for that.

So that day I came as close as you can be to getting arrested without actually getting arrested, and that day I learned what is technically legal is not always what is prudent.

The opinion by Justice Thomas specifically said that whole areas can not be listed as "sensitive places." The law recently enacted in New York is going to fall pretty quickly.

It is a massive victory, but it will take a couple of years to sort it all out. The cases GVRed in the orders from the last day of the session are going to start a land slide of changes to firearms laws in this country.

Moving the standard from "Intermediate Scrutiny" to "text and history" are going to change the way that every court is going to have to look at firearms laws and regulations.

What's going to happen when the liberals do the obvious and start to ban carry of firearms in all sorts of geographic locations? A decade plus of f*** f*** games in court.

Is this ruling literally useless? No. Is it some sort of massive victory? No.

The opinion by Justice Thomas specifically said that whole areas can not be listed as "sensitive places." The law recently enacted in New York is going to fall pretty quickly.

It is a massive victory, but it will take a couple of years to sort it all out. The cases GVRed in the orders from the last day of the session are going to start a land slide of changes to firearms laws in this country.

Moving the standard from "Intermediate Scrutiny" to "text and history" are going to change the way that every court is going to have to look at firearms laws and regulations.
I wish SCOTUS would grab these violation as soon as they come up and shut them down during "Special Constitutional crisis sessions"

Jalapeño Anal Piercing?

I have no idea where you came up with that. Of course i had to google it. I couldn't find it - however the "Guchi" piercing was the first match - glad i now know what that is. :/ The second was a "Urethra Franklin". I am speechless on how that could be thought up by anyone.

Last edited:
And here I just get conspicuously quiet and stare off. Clearly I'm doing it wrong.

I have no idea where you came up with that. Of course i had to google it. I couldn't find it - however the "Guchi" piercing was the first match - glad i now know what that is. :/ The second was a "Urethra Franklin". I am speechless on how that could be thought up by anyone.
Literally the first set of cringe worthy words that matched... Doesn't need to be a "thing".

Well, looky here. Everyone says "Comm2A is for lawsuits, and GOAL is for legislation".

Here you go:

GOAL Files Legislation in Response to Landmark Civil Rights Decision
Two comments for our GOAL friends.
This paragraph
. The form for renewal shall include an affidavit whereby the applicant shall verify that the applicant has not lost a firearm or had a firearm stolen from the applicant's possession since the date of the applicant's last renewal or issuance.
Fails to address what happens to, or what must be done by the applicant if they have lost or had a gun stolen. It seems to say that if you had one stolen you can NEVER get a renewal. Thi is a big deal.

The proposed law also needs better language for MG licensing for non-residents. As written, a non-res can only get an MG license if they work for and have the approval of a Massachusetts manufacturer. But what about non-res collectors of those working for out of state manufacturers, they need a way to get a MA MG license as well.

Thr stolen gun affidavit BS is already law, its just a boilerplate restate of already existing law.
What is the exact current wording?
Because the way the proposed is written
. The form for renewal shall include an affidavit whereby the applicant shall verify that the applicant has not lost a firearm or had a firearm stolen from the applicant's possession since the date of the applicant's last renewal or issuance.
If you can't verify this, you won't be able to complete the form. They won't need to deny your renewal because you would have never completed the application. Or you lie on the application, and they get you that way.

Details matter, they can still fix this.
shall verify whether or not that the applicant has had not lost a firearm lost or had a firearm stolen

See, and easy, but necessary, fix.

Back
Top Bottom