Support Comm2A - Shop Amazon!

Bump. Just bought my Company's Work computer and other software using the link.

I just bought some AR related and other stuff using the link. I put it in my personal bookmarks toolbar so I don't forget to use it. Every bit helps. I've started doing a lot of shopping on Amazon and it's a great way to support Comm2A.

Ok, now I'm torn. I Support Comm2A, but I oppose Amazon.

Amazon has aggreed to collect sales taxes for several states (MA included) AND they're now lobbying Washington for a bill to require all interstate sales to collect sales taxes for the recipient's state. Grrrrrrr, the conflict...

Knuckle dragger.
Could you check what was recently purchased? That would answer that question. I purchased a few things like in god we trust asked.

I bought a BUFFALO brand NAS about $500 and 100 Logitech headsets and $1999

Is there a way to set up my amazon account to auto link to comm2a?
Also can it be set up to my amazon cc for other purchases.

Is there a way to set up my amazon account to auto link to comm2a?
Also can it be set up to my amazon cc for other purchases.
I'm reasonably sure the answer to the first question is no. Amazon pays Comm2A for helping to make a sale; it doesn't give away money by setting up a perpetual royalty on an account.

As to the later - there are affinity cards that benefit certain orgs, but none that are hooked up with Comm2A.

The earlier suggestion to make this a sticky would have really helped Comm2A in my case. I've been off the forums for a few years. Recently I got back into shooting and building my collection so of course I came back to NES. However I never saw this two year old post. I spend at about a thousand on Amazon each month and will start using the link now... but it would have been better if I started using it 6 months ago...

As for the sales tax thing, yeah it was a bummer but Amazon is still as cheap or cheaper than local which also charges sales tax and Amazon delivers it to my door for free. Anything that keeps me away from stores or the mall and it's ignorant masses is a huge plus for me...

I just bought $560.00 of college books for my daughter and selected Comm 2A as my charity.

I don't have any extra cash with her school bills but this is another way to give.
This has been covered before, but.....

If you select Comm2A as a charity under the Amazon Smile program, we get a small donation, and Amazon tells you to make you feel good.

If you follow the Amazon link on www.comm2a.org, Amazon pays Comm2a a MUCH larger commission than the Smile donation, however, it is treated as a sales commission and, like most commissions, Amazon does not try to impress the buyer with how much of a commission the intermediary gets.

You guys see a bunch of orders for Office 2013 and a bunch of other office equipment?
There might be a $9000 order of office keys pointed your way soon [grin]

For the lazy, just bookmark this: http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=com0d0-20

And in case I'm at a computer where I don't have it bookmarked, I keep the link handy in my signature line [smile]. Look down.

If you select Comm2A as a charity under the Amazon Smile program, we get a small donation, and Amazon tells you to make you feel good.

If you follow the Amazon link on www.comm2a.org, Amazon pays Comm2a a MUCH larger commission than the Smile donation, however, it is treated as a sales commission and, like most commissions, Amazon does not try to impress the buyer with how much of a commission the intermediary gets.

You guys see a bunch of orders for Office 2013 and a bunch of other office equipment?
We get a list of what was bought, but I don't think it breaks it into "orders" so we can't tell a $9000 order form 9 $1000 orders (unless you order one item for $9000).

But, to rest the fears of those of you buying butyl rubber chicken suits for fantasy play - Amazon does not give Comm2A any information about who the buyers are.

I haven't placed the large order yet but there's been some smaller orders of Office 2013 or Windows upgrades streaming in.
Hopefully that one large order will help a bunch!

We get a list of what was bought, but I don't think it breaks it into "orders" so we can't tell a $9000 order form 9 $1000 orders (unless you order one item for $9000).

But, to rest the fears of those of you buying butyl rubber chicken suits for fantasy play - Amazon does not give Comm2A any information about who the buyers are.

We've only looked at the items order once or twice. It's not really information we can use. It was interesting [wink] once though, but that's about it.

So how much do you get?

So how much do you get?

Generally around 4%, but there are some specific rates for different categories and computers/tablets are capped at $25 commission.

Contrast this to Amazon Smile that pays .5% (yes, one half of one percent):

So, as mentioned before, the difference is significant.

Generally around 4%, but there are some specific rates for different categories and computers/tablets are capped at $25 commission.
Contrast this to Amazon Smile that pays .5% (yes, one half of one percent):
So, as mentioned before, the difference is significant.

So if I order 40 of anything for work it bumps you guys up to 6.5%? for the month?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom