• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stuff said online.....

Your smartphone does the same thing. Don't think for a second it's not listening to everything you say.

Do you think it's a coincidence you can talk about buying a mustang, then open your phone, type M in the search box and "Mustang" is the first word that auto-completes for you?

Everything you say... Literally everything.
Yes I understand that, thank you, but it didn’t fit into my joke.

I cannot agree. They may be horrified by what we’ve seen happen already, but they also sort of expected it would happen again at some point and tried to prepare us for it by wrapping us in the protections of the Constitution.
I don't think the Founders, in their time, would have ever been able to envision how bad the situation in America could get... and by that I mean our modern clown world society with filthy corrupt, America-hating DimocRATS in charge of just about everything, including fixing elections. Revolution (over a tea tax no less) was a relatively simple thing back then. You spotted soldiers with red coats and you shot them. Easy peasy.

Yes, the Founders left us certain protections in the Constitution, but applying them today in our higly-complex modern society wouldn't be nearly so simple or easy as things were back in the good old days. That's what I mean when I speak of the much harder challenges we would face today vs. what the Founders faced. 🤔

Yes, but isn't that what little Robbie was saying in the first place, in his first post?
Yes, but at the same time there’s already enough pants shitting on the forum.

Most people on here haven’t even experienced the criminal justice systems… worrying about my posts online is like getting a paper cuts it’s meanless.

Although some people post things on here that may not be the best idea for them.
95% is meaningless… But yes every now and then somebody posts something that’s a little more than just toe over the line.

The OP is giving sound advice.. but the sky is hardly falling.

I don't think the Founders, in their time, would have ever been able to envision how bad the situation in America could get... and by that I mean our modern clown world society with filthy corrupt, America-hating DimocRATS in charge of just about everything, including fixing elections. Revolution (over a tea tax no less) was a relatively simple thing back then. You spotted soldiers with red coats and you shot them. Easy peasy.

Yes, the Founders left us certain protections in the Constitution, but applying them today in our higly-complex modern society wouldn't be nearly so simple or easy as things were back in the good old days. That's what I mean when I speak of the much harder challenges we would face today vs. what the Founders faced. 🤔
They knew how bad it could get. They just tried their best to make a ruleset that would be hard to game. Well, it's finally all been figured out unfortunately.

We don't elect leaders who are good at leading. We elect people who are good at getting votes.

I think the one big f*** up the founders missed was addressing conflict of interests (specifically any financial tie) to an off shore entity. We're at the point where the entire house and senate is owned by forieners. That's pretty f***ed up and that threat would of also been a possibility in the old days.

I've always had the mentality on both forums such as this, and various websites like Facebook, things you write can be used against you in either a contemporary criticism/attack/evidence of xyz, or used against you in the future based on what you wrote about a "suddenly controversial subject" a number of years ago.

I don't have as much life experience as a lot of folks on here do (but I am old enough to have signed up for Facebook back when you were required to be a current college student/over 18 yrs old). However, I remember my Dad sitting me down at the table for a chat before we set up my first computer. He said "Anything you put on the internet will live on in some form or fashion long after you put it out there. Don't write anything stupid. Before writing something, remember this. If you think it wouldn't be something you'd feel comfortable showing to your Grammy, then don't write it." I've always stuck to that ethos since I was that age.

Honestly, people on this forum surprise the heck out of me with what they openly say on a publicly accessible website. Anyone who doesn't think if they ever get in a hairy situation (whether it's a use of force incident, contentious divorce proceedings, etc.), and thinks that their "keyboard warrior" posts about wishing a politician/individual/organization harm because they're against 2A won't be used against them is absolutely foolish in my opinion.

However, I also do recognize that folks have different personal risk tolerances and viewpoints on this stuff, and this is just my personal two cents on this.

I definitely like to get my sleep, I can be very cantankerous if I don't, rather not do it in a cell though.

But, an example that comes to mind would be that I would not be telling everyone I am going to shoot any unsavory person that comes on my property and then someday have to do it (even if I was threatened and it was justifiable), that would not go over too well in court. Another example, a neighbor has a sign on a half sheet of plywood part way down the driveway stating "Trespassers will be shot, not kidding", that sign does not seem like a great idea, IMO.
Lose-lose either way. If you post it in advance, you are just waiting to kill someone. And if you don't post a warning, some criminal will complain that they weren't warned first.
I'd kill for a Scotch and rare ribeye right now... 🤔

View attachment 693680
More likely, they'd kill you. [smile]
Ya, it has gotten to the point where I think most if not all of these people are paid agitators trying to get you to type something you may end up regretting. Kind of like mob rule and the Capitol riot... You may know it is a bad idea, but when a few people start doing it, a not so smart person will just follow along and join in...It is honestly the only thing that makes sense, because anybody with an OUNCE of common sense plans anything of importance offline.
I can push anyone's buttons. How much does the job pay? Asking for a friend.
No too long ago on NES some members were deliberately putting numerous "trigger" words in their signatures;

Bomb, explosives, kill, massacre, firearm, gun, etc... just to poke the bear.

Somewhere out there on the interweb is a video of a woman (on a landline) having an innocent conversation with a friend:

"Jonny bombed his history test last week... They want me to be the president of the PTA... I'm going to kill that dog if it chews on the furniture again..."

The video cuts to a group of men in suits with dark glasses knocking on her door.
Actually based on a case out of Canada. A woman was discussing how her son did horribly at the opening of a play, and used that terminology. Lead to one alphabet agency here that was eavesdropping to relay it to a similar agency up there.
I agree. There are legions of folks out there who are hesitant to speak until they hear someone else who thinks the same way that they do. Never give up.
Except when that person then turns out to be a plant, then entrapping others.

I'm sure they would have. History just shows that politicians are always in it for themselves. Look at Sam Adams, himself a rebel years before, calling for the hanging of rebels during Shays Rebellion. Everyone wants laws on the books - for others, but not themselves.

For the record, and for my federal minder, here are my official positions. Thank you.

All elections are fair and those elected legitimate.
The government is looking out for our best interest.
The media is fair and balanced and would not lie.
Jos Biden is a great man, unfairly persecuted.
Anyone who disagrees is a threat to our country.
The Bill of Rights is not absolute.
The Constitution must be properly interpreted.
Lies of DC money laundering threaten democracy.
Our elections are the most secure in the world.
Our federal institutions are sacred.
Our government and doctors would never lie to us.
Free speech is dangerous.
The 2nd Amendment applies to militias: the Army.
Only our government should have guns.
Careful, you may have just earned yourself a chair in the NYT's editorial office

Back
Top Bottom