• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Students to hold gun control march from Worcester to Smith & Wesson headquarters in Springfield

Reptile

NES Member
Later this summer, a group of students will march from Worcester to Springfield to ask one of the nation's largest gunmakers to stop "colluding" with the National Rifle Association and putting gun rights and profits before public safety - especially the safety of American schoolchildren, who are frequently the targets of mass shootings.

Since the Columbine High School massacre in 1999, more than 187,000 students at almost 200 primary or secondary schools in the U.S. have experienced a shooting on campus during school hours, according to a recent analysis by the Washington Post.

A total of 26 students have been killed in school shootings across the country this year so far, or double the number of U.S. military personnel killed in combat since Jan. 1.

On Aug. 26, a group of student protesters is expected to gather outside the Springfield headquarters of Smith & Wesson, the nation's third-largest gun manufacturer, to ask the company to donate $1 million to youth violence prevention initiatives and stop putting profits before people.

Cont...

Students to hold gun control march from Worcester to Smith & Wesson headquarters in Springfield

Jim Rooney, a member of the town's Planning Board, called the student protesters "little Trotskys," a reference to Leon Trotsky, the Russian revolutionary, theorist, and Soviet politician who founded the Red Army and served as commissar for foreign affairs.

Kids in schools are being used as pawns to help sway political discourse. It's nothing new in the general scheme of things, but I feel it's particularly bad in MA. Kids are being used to attack local businesses because they are being led to believe these things are evil and violate some un-written rule on SJW ethics. Something that comes to mind is when Stoughton High School's feminist club attacked Mary Lou's. The school at least seemed to squash it in that instance (they deleted their cute little twitter page). However that's not always the case and these activists are taking advantage of it every chance they get.

There's lots of causes and values I'd love to pass on to youth that I believe are the best for society. In those positions of power you're supposed to resist the urge to be partisan, especially on matters that are still being debated by the public. I know I would avoid pushing my causes on to uninformed youth in a biased way, so why is it that these groups are allowed to essentially exploit children in our schools? I expect it on college campuses based on what I've seen the last few years. The post-marxist tactics the extreme left are using have now seeped into the high schools.

Booby trap their path...

iu
iu

iu
iu

Why the f*** aren't they protesting

1) Chemical manufacturers (including alcohol and drugs, which I assume an overdose is considered "Unintentional Poisoning")
2) Auto manufacturers
3) Gravity
4) Suicides
5) Crimes

This is only Unintentional Injury (not health problems from being dumb and lazy).

upload_2018-6-24_9-59-57.png

Later this summer, a group of students will march from Worcester to Springfield to ask one of the nation's largest gunmakers to stop "colluding" with the National Rifle Association and putting gun rights and profits before public safety - especially the safety of American schoolchildren, who are frequently the targets of mass shootings.

Since the Columbine High School massacre in 1999, more than 187,000 students at almost 200 primary or secondary schools in the U.S. have experienced a shooting on campus during school hours, according to a recent analysis by the Washington Post.

A total of 26 students have been killed in school shootings across the country this year so far, or double the number of U.S. military personnel killed in combat since Jan. 1.

On Aug. 26, a group of student protesters is expected to gather outside the Springfield headquarters of Smith & Wesson, the nation's third-largest gun manufacturer, to ask the company to donate $1 million to youth violence prevention initiatives and stop putting profits before people.

Cont...

today's fat body kids will poop out within a mile if the ever manage to get off lazy lard asses in the first place; just a lot of tough talk

Why the f*** aren't they protesting

1) Chemical manufacturers (including alcohol and drugs, which I assume an overdose is considered "Unintentional Poisoning")
2) Auto manufacturers
3) Gravity
4) Suicides
5) Crimes

Science...

iu

So they're going to march almost 50 miles and arrive on a Sunday to a place that will most likely be closed. I don't see any problem.

Would've been more impressive if the march was all in one day rather than spread out over four.

So they're going to march almost 50 miles and arrive on a Sunday to a place that will most likely be closed. I don't see any problem.

Would've been more impressive if the march was all in one day rather than spread out over four.

Again how are they getting there lol. It doesn't affect me per se but I'm going to be mad as a damn hornet if I'm trying to go that way and the pike or 20 is shutdown

Kids in schools are being used as pawns to help sway political discourse. It's nothing new in the general scheme of things, but I feel it's particularly bad in MA. Kids are being used to attack local businesses because they are being led to believe these things are evil and violate some un-written rule on SJW ethics. Something that comes to mind is when Stoughton High School's feminist club attacked Mary Lou's. The school at least seemed to squash it in that instance (they deleted their cute little twitter page). However that's not always the case and these activists are taking advantage of it every chance they get.

There's lots of causes and values I'd love to pass on to youth that I believe are the best for society. In those positions of power you're supposed to resist the urge to be partisan, especially on matters that are still being debated by the public. I know I would avoid pushing my causes on to uninformed youth in a biased way, so why is it that these groups are allowed to essentially exploit children in our schools? I expect it on college campuses based on what I've seen the last few years. The post-marxist tactics the extreme left are using have now seeped into the high schools.
This is exactly right. It's just another form of the identity politics that has been taking over the left for years. "I am _______ therefore I am a victim and am the only one with a legitimate opinion. You can't understand our struggle because you haven't been through it. You are _______ therefore you are not a victim and should shut the hell up because your opinion is illegitimate."

They're just filling in the blanks with young and old instead of black and white, or a woman and a man. It's all pure nonsense and it's an attempt to break down the fabric of society to achieve their preferred policy goals.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyIbQGdJBqI

"S&W should donate $1,000,000 in these students name to Eddie Eagle!

To teach gun safety to children."

SOMEBODY POST THAT ON THE COMMENTS SO S&W CAN READ IT!!!

What they should do is announce that they're re-allocating $1,000,000 that was going to some "save the whales" "save the trees", blah blah whatever touchie feelie group and is now going to the Marksmanship or Eddie Eagle programs. They should see that companies not only don't have to listen to you whine, they can change their practices in ways you don't want if you're annoying enough.

They are.. WALKING..
From WORCESTER. to SPRINGFIELD.

In AUGUST!

And... once they get there... they are going to whine at the company. And then demand money.

This is HUMOR right?

They are.. WALKING..
From WORCESTER. to SPRINGFIELD.

In AUGUST!

And... once they get there... they are going to whine at the company. And then demand money.

This is HUMOR right?
No wonder the need police to protect them!

They gunna get mugged and or raped.

Back
Top Bottom