Strong Majority Say Gun Ownership Makes Homes Safer (63% now vs. 35% in Fall 2000)

There was a thread here a few months ago on a Bloomberg ad being talked about on the view tv show. It was suppose to scare women and make them favor gun control, the view panel had the reverse feelings, they saw the need for a gun. The gun control groups are climbing a greased pole, the public is more pro 2a everyday and the gun grabbers keep losing ground.

Bang! For the first time, a growing — and already substantial — majority of Americans now believe having a gun in the home makes it a safer place to live.Put that in your chamber and cock it.
Gallup, which has been surveying the politically volatile question for a generation, announced this morning a new poll revealing that nearly two-out-of-three Americans (63%) now say having a firearm there makes a home safer.
That’s nearly twice the number who said that just before 9/11.
And the explosion of support has come across all political boundaries. Back in the fall of 2000, barely a third thought that (35%), while a majority (51%) said guns made homes more dangerous.
But the number who say guns increase home safety has been steadily increasing while the number who see them as increasing danger has been steadily declining — from 35% in 2000 to 42% four years later to 47% in 2006 and now a jump all the way up to 63%.

Some more number at the link.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/11/07/boom-americans-now-agree-that-gun-ownership-makes-homes-safer/

Except in Massachusetts, where an even stronger majority says "Just call 911, cuz g-g-g-GUNS are still very, very b-b-b-BAD!!!

Then they give the SWAT team who forced them from their homes at gun point a standing ovation (watertown).

Then they give the SWAT team who forced them from their homes at gun point a standing ovation (watertown).

That is not fair. Be honest.

In the end gun owners are righteous for the most part with a small amount of idiots that do dumb things.

For the first time, a growing — and already substantial — majority of Americans now believe having a gun in the home makes it a safer place to live

I'm having a hard time believing it's hit 63% for the first time in the country's history.

The other night my wife and I were watching some TV show with some weak, soft, baby handed husband. It was one of those house hunting shows. She looked at me and said "You know, one of the reasons i married you was that I felt that you could protect me, or carry me out during a fire, this guy, meh, not so much"
Some of these house fraus might not admit it, but deep down I'll bet they envy women who either own firearms themselves, or are married to a man who has the capacity to protect them in the middle of the night.

The other night my wife and I were watching some TV show with some weak, soft, baby handed husband. It was one of those house hunting shows. She looked at me and said "You know, one of the reasons i married you was that I felt that you could protect me, or carry me out during a fire, this guy, meh, not so much"
Some of these house fraus might not admit it, but deep down I'll bet they envy women who either own firearms themselves, or are married to a man who has the capacity to protect them in the middle of the night.

So you're sayin' you got lucky last night...

Black, Jewish, GLBT single moms in the NE who are Democrats probably don't have a gun in the house. I'm amazed they even have a home address or phone to respond to surveys.

Oh, right... They get free cellphones and Federal housing subsidies so they can vote for those who give them handouts.

Agreed. Public opinion is irrelevant to me on this topic. I am a majority of one.

This^
I think some have come to the conclusion that the "Man" of the house's self defense plan is to curl up in the corner in the fetal position till whatever is happening to them is over.
Must not be a big comfort when tucking the kiddies in at night.
Explains why so many of them are bitter and angry.

Agreed. Public opinion is irrelevant to me on this topic. I am a majority of one.

Agree what other feel won't affect me but it's great to see strong majorities support 2a. It matters for elections (being pro 2a is an indication of how they may feel on other freedom areas) and it matters to the getting things corrected (the crap from '34, 68 and 86) and stopping any other emotional reaction. Look at the universal background bill they passed by ballot question in WA state. The ads were all lies and built on emotion. How the public as a whole feels is important.

A president was elected because of "feelings".

That's been the case MANY times throughout history in America... Just think of how many awesome guys (and gals!) would've been president if not for the "Well, I just feel that he's better cuz.. um.. like.. um.. um.."

A large % of people who voted Reagan "felt" he was Irish, cared about them, was a pub beer-drinker, etc. Some people "felt" McCain was "stiff, dead" etc. People who had zero clue about the man and/or the record voted against Romney cuz he's "wealthy". Like we've ever had a president who didn't kowtow to the wealthy? Heard this again about Baker.. People who had no clue, other than he "gave himself a huge raise and..." blah blah.
Like they wouldn't have done the same thing if THEY were signing their own check?

My wife who "doesn't follow politics" ( :banghead: ) voted for Clinton the first time cuz he blew good Sax.... Second time around was cuz of some enchantment with the reported "curve in his penis"... I wish I were kidding, but she actually did. And she's not alone... Girl at the gym, good friend and a LTC holder, voted for Seth Moulton. Asked her why. "Why? Cuz he is a hunk of a man and Ooooo that chin!!".
Then I asked her if she knew how he FELT about her LTC and the 2nd Amendment....

Her reply: "Huh?"

That's been the case MANY times throughout history in America... Just think of how many awesome guys (and gals!) would've been president if not for the "Well, I just feel that he's better cuz.. um.. like.. um.. um.."

A large % of people who voted Reagan "felt" he was Irish, cared about them, was a pub beer-drinker, etc. Some people "felt" McCain was "stiff, dead" etc. People who had zero clue about the man and/or the record voted against Romney cuz he's "wealthy". Like we've ever had a president who didn't kowtow to the wealthy? Heard this again about Baker.. People who had no clue, other than he "gave himself a huge raise and..." blah blah.
Like they wouldn't have done the same thing if THEY were signing their own check?

My wife who "doesn't follow politics" ( :banghead: ) voted for Clinton the first time cuz he blew good Sax.... Second time around was cuz of some enchantment with the reported "curve in his penis"... I wish I were kidding, but she actually did. And she's not alone... Girl at the gym, good friend and a LTC holder, voted for Seth Moulton. Asked her why. "Why? Cuz he is a hunk of a man and Ooooo that chin!!".
Then I asked her if she knew how he FELT about her LTC and the 2nd Amendment....

Her reply: "Huh?"

And social engineers know this fully, and also know exactly how to manipulate it. In this case, however, it might be a positive.

I'm having a hard time believing it's hit 63% for the first time in the country's history.

I'm having difficulty believing the merit of the poll altogether based on the sample size (seems too small).

Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Oct. 12-15, 2014, on the Gallup U.S. Daily survey, with a random sample of 1,017 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia

Except in Massachusetts, where an even stronger majority says "Just call 911, cuz g-g-g-GUNS are still very, very b-b-b-BAD!!!
Scared of guns so panic and call people with .. guns? I hear it makes sense though if you can manage to get high enough.

What's worse than an antigun assclown? Anyone who lets their opinion on a fundamental right sway like a sapling in a hurricane based on the news cycle.

The people causing that vote to swing are more dangerous than the moonbats. They're the people that let Hitler gain power.

Well that's a given. I had the smell of gunpowder,tannerite, and pumpkin from yesterday's festivities. [rofl]

Tannerite smell... so YOU were the guy who put tannerite 10 yards from the shooting line?

Just kidding, but my daughter is trying to find a perfume that smells like gunpowder and pumpkin - everybody liked that smell.

Back
Top Bottom