Storage

(a) It shall be unlawful to store or keep any firearm, rifle or shotgun including, but not limited to, large capacity weapons, or machine gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container or equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device, properly engaged so as to render such weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully authorized user. For purposes of this section, such weapon shall not be deemed stored or kept if carried by or under the control of the owner or other lawfully authorized user.

So it is assumed the locked exterior of my home will not count in MA
If I convert a closet into a "safe" like room will that qualify?
Would a deadbolt on the closet qualify ?
Would a vault door qualify ?

I'd say no to your first two suggestions but don't exactly know what you mean by vault door....placement et al.

Best solution in my humble opinion is a gun safe...not a gun security locker...BIG difference....when I bought a gun safe from Dick's last December, I was told that there is no sales tax in MA for a gun safe.....good deal seeing how the gun safe(both a secuity safe and a firesafe rolled into one), was over 300 pounds with delivery and placement in the house where I wanted it. Why go half way several times when one could do it all at once with the best solution?

JMHO [grin]

Back
Top Bottom