• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vehicle storage laws

My reply was to that post
Got it. If you hit "quote"under the post your referring to it quotes it on your post. Alerts the member that someone quotes it and is easier to know which post your specifically referring to.

Just an fyi

Last edited:
90% of them are for trucks.
I know because ive looked before.

Its like gun accesories.
Youll find it only for the popular cars.

Example, you can find every accessory and replace any part in a glock/p320 with an aftermarket piece.

If you have a beretta apx you cant really get f*** all for the most part.

Even though, the car im putting it in, there is way more in circulation than the popular car

90% of them are for trucks.
I know because ive looked before.

Its like gun accesories.
Youll find it only for the popular cars.

Example, you can find every accessory and replace any part in a glock/p320 with an aftermarket piece.

If you have a beretta apx you cant really get f*** all for the most part.

Even though, the car im putting it in, there is way more in circulation than the popular car
Fwiw the gun safe in my tacoma was dealer installed so I didn't have to shop around. When I went in looking to buy a 2021 tacoma the sales rep was pretty smart. He noticed the nra and Buckmark stickers on my 2015 tacoma and said I've got something you may be interested in. Tool me to the showroom and there was a 2021 trail edition tacoma with alot of dealer add ons included....like the console safe and the lockable bed boxes that can hold 2 shotguns or rifles each......oem lift kit.....roof rack.....TRD pro wheels....TRD exhaust.....and in army green. I was in love at first sight. I've never bought a vehicle with dealer upgrades and I probably paid too much.....but I don't give a f***. It's my dream truck lol 20210507_053440~2.jpg 20210507_061056.jpg

That thing is super awesome and spec'd just right.

I was unaware such a machine exsisted.

I wanted a truck, when i got my recent car.
But they are stupidly expensive.

Ive always like the ram with the bed lockers.
Always thought that would be awesome to own

That thing is super awesome and spec'd just right.

I was unaware such a machine exsisted.

I wanted a truck, when i got my recent car.
But they are stupidly expensive.

Ive always like the ram with the bed lockers.
Always thought that would be awesome to own
Cost about half what a dodge ram would cost lol. But it's not as big as a ram thats for sure. Big enough for my needs though. I had a 2015 tacoma off road that I sold to my kid for a huge family discount. That one has 120k on it and is solid as a rock still. That's why I went with another tacoma. Wasn't going after what I eventually bought but once I saw it I just had to have it. Ony thing I could do without is the TRD exhaust......first vehicle I've ever owned that rumbled.....well....on purpose anyway 😁 its actually a little annoying at times its pretty loud.

Ammo on seperate container ...
Screen-Shot-2019-06-03-at-1.10.25-PM.png

The ol' truck gun was usually a hunting rifle/shotgun. Outside of that, what purpose does a trunk gun have? ... I'm honestly struggling to come up with any scenario where a rifle in the trunk would be useful, so help me out here.
Bitch please.

263042.jpg

Without vision,
the people perish.

The center console of my tacoma meets the transport requirement and fits a full size handgun no problem.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

You willing to roll the dice on getting a judge
who thinks that a glorified glove compartment
is an "other secure container"?

Last edited:
For transport under FOPA.

Are you planning a trip through states where you're not licensed,
to a jurisdiction where you are?
There is no requirement to keep ammo and guns in separate containers under FOPA.

For transport under FOPA.

Are you planning a trip through states where you're not licensed,
to a jurisdiction where you are?
Not entirely.
But if i did, it would be the immediate surround states.
Nh,vt,ri. Maybe maine

Theyd be in and out visits at most an over night

There is no requirement to keep ammo and guns in separate containers under FOPA.
Good grief. [shocked] [rolleyes] [angry]

Did I absorb that from Olde NESe Wisdome,
or was there a cosmic ray shower before I wrote that.

Although ironically...

18 USC §926A. Interstate transportation of firearms​
... any person ... shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose ... if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided,That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.​

Note that even if a Mass court sucks for guns or ammo in a fancy-pants locking console,
that doesn't help when transporting through Indian Territory.

Cost about half what a dodge ram would cost lol. But it's not as big as a ram thats for sure. Big enough for my needs though. I had a 2015 tacoma off road that I sold to my kid for a huge family discount. That one has 120k on it and is solid as a rock still. That's why I went with another tacoma. Wasn't going after what I eventually bought but once I saw it I just had to have it. Ony thing I could do without is the TRD exhaust......first vehicle I've ever owned that rumbled.....well....on purpose anyway 😁 its actually a little annoying at times its pretty loud.
Rumble is fine if the vehicle has the balls to back it up. In this case not so much. Ha.

Not entirely.
But if i did, it would be the immediate surround states.
Nh,vt,ri. Maybe maine

Theyd be in and out visits at most an over night
No license of any kind is required to keep, possess or transport any firearm in any of those states.
You can bring a handgun to the range or use a long gun for hunting or target shooting or whatever.

you need a license to carry a handgun loaded on your person in RI.
You don't need any license to carry a loaded handgun on your person in NH, VT, or ME.

In short. No worries.

I mean, a "truck gun" has been "a thing" for decades. There were reasons for pickup trucks to have long gun racks 50-70 years ago, so with the ongoing mostly peaceful protests of the last few years, and the death cultist attacks of the last few decades, aren't there just more reasons? Sucks he has to hide it away in a vault but... times change.
As “late” as 1997, one could go to brunch at Lou’s, Main St Hanover NH, and see the occasional parked pickup truck with lever action in the rear window. How times have changed!

As “late” as 1997, one could go to brunch at Lou’s, Main St Hanover NH, and see the occasional parked pickup truck with lever action in the rear window. How times have changed!
Yeah..... when I was in HS (a long time ago in a far-away time and place) it wasn't uncommon for a wall in the principal's office to be covered with guns leaned against the wall. It was his "house rule" that if you're going to bring a gun to school it has to be stashed in his office rather than in your car. Didn't care about them being carried through the hallway from parking lot to office and office to parking lot; just don't forget and leave it in the car. :)

((Tended to be only during hunting season.))

Glad you posted this because I wanted to do the exact same thing (however just with a CC pistol) by adding a center console lock box to my vehicle. Still considering it because I can't carry at work.

Back
Top Bottom