still looking for a place to shoot

so i got my FID back in august of last year and bought myself a nice pre-ban 10/22. between not having a membership to a range and going off to college i've only been able to shoot it once.[sad]

i would really like to change that. i've looked on-line for places to shoot but the memberships are $200+ and require you to be invited by a current member. all i am really looking for is a place that offer an outdoor range(50 yards is fine, but i'd like 100 yards), and with a membership less then $150. oh and that is also less then an hour from holliston.

i am assuming the ranges that can be found on a google search are the nicer, more expensive ones. but all i need is a place to shoot, doesn't have to be nice, no fancy club houses, just targets and a back stop.

THANKS!

Lunenburg Sportsman's Club is 57 minutes from Holliston by Google Maps, it has an outdoor pistol range, and a 100 yard rifle range, and the dues is $35/year. I think you have to attend a meeting to drop off your dues and get your key, at least I did. PM me if you're interested and I'll get you some info on the next meeting.

Mark

Lunenburg Sportsman's Club is 57 minutes from Holliston by Google Maps, it has an outdoor pistol range, and a 100 yard rifle range, and the dues is $35/year. I think you have to attend a meeting to drop off your dues and get your key, at least I did. PM me if you're interested and I'll get you some info on the next meeting.

Mark

Do the have a archery range?

Rockdale Gun Club in Northbridge is only about 25 minutes from Holliston.

It's nothing special, just a big dirt pile and a small bench to shoot from. no running water, no bar, no indoor range, but, it's only $25 a year, and I've never been there that there has been another shooter there too.

The 10/22 was never designated as an "assault weapon" under federal law, so whether it was built before or after the ban is moot.

even with the butler creak callable stock on it? i am assuming that is why the guy i bought it from considered it pre-ban, due to the stock... but honestly have no idea. i know it's fun and cheap to shoot. [grin]

but if this doesn't count as a pre-ban that is nice to know. so i don't keep calling it that.

thanks

s\
i would really like to change that. i've looked on-line for places to shoot but the memberships are $200+ and require you to be invited by a current member.

Don't ever worry about the sponsorship issue. Call up the leadership of the club and talk to them. 99 times out of 100 they'll sponsor you.

Check the list of gun clubs at GOAL http://www.goal.org

Mark

more info would be great!

thanks.

Rockdale Gun Club in Northbridge is only about 25 minutes from Holliston.

It's nothing special, just a big dirt pile and a small bench to shoot from. no running water, no bar, no indoor range, but, it's only $25 a year, and I've never been there that there has been another shooter there too.

i should have posted this the same time i posted my other comment, but could you get me some info? i would really appreciate it.

thanks!

even with the butler creak callable stock on it? i am assuming that is why the guy i bought it from considered it pre-ban, due to the stock... but honestly have no idea. i know it's fun and cheap to shoot. [grin]

but if this doesn't count as a pre-ban that is nice to know. so i don't keep calling it that.

thanks

JGreen is right. A Ruger 10/22 isn't an evil Assault Weapon in MA, no matter what stock you stick on it.

Back
Top Bottom