STeps to take to get a silencer/supressor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy is accused of shooting somebody, a Officer says he saw the accused, regardless of if he really did it, the general public and courts tend to favor the Officers word.

You're really making your profession look bad.

Let me revise:

First rule of holes: Know when you're in a hole.
Second rule of holes: When you're in one, stop digging.
Like I said, I am NOT in a hole lol

Of course, I'm trying to argue on the internet aren't I?

I'm sure you'll respond with another witty statement.

say I'm wrong all you want, it changes NOTHING.

We'll I mean, no offense, but there is a bit more Responsibility and Trust put on the shoulders of a LEO, compared to somebody who works in an office or at a Register or a Desk. You don't just "Happen" to be a Police Officer, it's not something you just wake up one day and become cause you feel like it. you have to achieve it, and you gotta bust your ass to actually become one.

Please do not take personal offense to what I'm about to state, it is NOT aimed at you (I don't know you), but is a rebuttal to your statement based on my personal experiences working for a PD as a very active Reserve PO for >15 years under 3 chiefs plus working as an Auxiliary PO (2 night shifts every school week plus sports events) for ~8 years at a major Ivy League PD (this PD was run by a retired ranking MSP Trooper and a retied MSP Lt, so it was run very professionally not like Mall Cops).

- Trust is EARNED, not given with a badge. I was a close personal friend of my first Chief and he confided in me many things about his officers and the department that I had no right to hear. I was much more than a casual acquaintance of the following two chiefs (one was Sgt and then Lt under the first Chief). I can tell you from my discussions with all three chiefs that none of them TRUSTED their troops!! [A lot of it was really justified, regrettably.]

- You will find that many here mis-trust all LEOs, due to the publicly acknowledged mis-adventures of some that we read about in the news. I am NOT in that category, but before I trust anyone (LEO or not), I have to see by their actions that they personally deserve to be trusted.

- In spite of Civil Service and promotional exams, I have seen some people picked over others due to favoritism, not merit . . . and I've seen others passed over since the chief didn't like them (again not based on merit)!

- I have worked shifts with officers that I KNEW that I could NOT TRUST! I have worked shifts with officers who didn't trust me or any other officer on the shift.

- I'll readily admit that the Police Academy is a tough nut, very physically demanding (and something that the R/I Academy that I attended omits) and officers do indeed have to bust their ass to make it through the Academy. I dare say that in spite of that Marines like Derek went thru a Boot Camp that would probably make any MA Police Academy look like a Girl Scout Camp.

- I have worked with some officers who definitely did NOT belong on any police department. Some consistently caused trouble for both other officers and the people they were hired to protect. Some only survived to retirement due to Civil Service giving them umpteen chances each time they were suspended for improper conduct. [example: One of the top 3 CS candidates for a job in my town had attempted to murder his wife by trying to run her down while she was in her front yard . . . my town passed on him. HOWEVER, another area town did hire him as a FT PO in spite of his history!! [shocked] ]

Please do not take personal offense to what I'm about to state, it is NOT aimed at you (I don't know you), but is a rebuttal to your statement based on my personal experiences working for a PD as a very active Reserve PO for >15 years under 3 chiefs plus working as an Auxiliary PO (2 night shifts every school week plus sports events) for ~8 years at a major Ivy League PD (this PD was run by a retired ranking MSP Trooper and a retied MSP Lt, so it was run very professionally not like Mall Cops).

- Trust is EARNED, not given with a badge. I was a close personal friend of my first Chief and he confided in me many things about his officers and the department that I had no right to hear. I was much more than a casual acquaintance of the following two chiefs (one was Sgt and then Lt under the first Chief). I can tell you from my discussions with all three chiefs that none of them TRUSTED their troops!! [A lot of it was really justified, regrettably.]

- You will find that many here mis-trust all LEOs, due to the publicly acknowledged mis-adventures of some that we read about in the news. I am NOT in that category, but before I trust anyone (LEO or not), I have to see by their actions that they personally deserve to be trusted.

- In spite of Civil Service and promotional exams, I have seen some people picked over others due to favoritism, not merit . . . and I've seen others passed over since the chief didn't like them (again not based on merit)!

- I have worked shifts with officers that I KNEW that I could NOT TRUST! I have worked shifts with officers who didn't trust me or any other officer on the shift.

- I'll readily admit that the Police Academy is a tough nut, very physically demanding (and something that the R/I Academy that I attended omits) and officers do indeed have to bust their ass to make it through the Academy. I dare say that in spite of that Marines like Derek went thru a Boot Camp that would probably make any MA Police Academy look like a Girl Scout Camp.

- I have worked with some officers who definitely did NOT belong on any police department. Some consistently caused trouble for both other officers and the people they were hired to protect. Some only survived to retirement due to Civil Service giving them umpteen chances each time they were suspended for improper conduct. [example: One of the top 3 CS candidates for a job in my town had attempted to murder his wife by trying to run her down while she was in her front yard . . . my town passed on him. HOWEVER, another area town did hire him as a FT PO in spite of his history!! [shocked] ]

I agree with you fully

I don't trust anybody, it's the best/safest way to do a job lol, you don't see another cop as the good guy until EVERYTHING is understood, there are WAY to many crooked individuals in this world, and not just cops.

Like I said, too many people blindly trust one over another based on status.

You're really making your profession look bad.

Sounds to me like he is offering benefit of what he has witnessed. I'm inclined to agree with him on this point. If an issue comes down to your word against an officers I am thinking I wouldn't wanna be you.

Give the guy a break! No sense it diving down someone's throat.

Like I said, I am NOT in a hole lol

Of course, I'm trying to argue on the internet aren't I?

I'm sure you'll respond with another witty statement.

say I'm wrong all you want, it changes NOTHING.

If you're a LEO I'm the Queen of England.

Sounds to me like he is offering benefit of what he has witnessed. I'm inclined to agree with him on this point. If an issue comes down to your word against an officers I am thinking I wouldn't wanna be you.

Give the guy a break! No sense it diving down someone's throat.

My interpretation of what he's saying is that police are more trustworthy than regular people, and this is evidenced by the fact that they can get away with lying in court. In fact, that's exactly what he said.

Of course the legal system is rigged in favor of the police.

I'm not saying one should trust a LEO over a civilian, I'm just pointing out that that sadly is the way things tend to work nowadays.

I'm not trying to say I'm better than you, I'm pointing out the flaws in the society, and defending myself against the guy who said something about "Happening" to be a Cop. That's like just "Happening" to be a Veteran, being a LEO's not on the same level as serving in the military, but it's the same concept.

My interpretation of what he's saying is that police are more trustworthy than regular people, and this is evidenced by the fact that they can get away with lying in court. In fact, that's exactly what he said.

Of course the legal system is rigged in favor of the police.

Not quite what I'm saying, I'm saying they are NOT more trustworthy, but thats what is generally accepted by the public. I don't think one person should be trusted over another until every fact is out on the table.

LEOs are Civilians, and Doctors, Accountants, Lawyers, Bakers, Mechanics all don't just happen they have to work for it as well

We'll I mean, no offense, but there is a bit more Responsibility and Trust put on the shoulders of a LEO, compared to somebody who works in an office or at a Register or a Desk. You don't just "Happen" to be a Police Officer, it's not something you just wake up one day and become cause you feel like it. you have to achieve it, and you gotta bust your ass to actually become one. You ever had to handcuff somebody with pepper-spray in your eyes? it really, really sucks. and thats only training.

But I don't think that entitles me to a suppressor, I understand that if it's illegal for private ownership in the state, it's illegal for private ownership in the state.

but what I was trying to say was, a quote isn't really a quote when you edit it to fit your purpose more easily lol.

Oh my....

IBTL

LEOs are Civilians, and Doctors, Accountants, Lawyers, Bakers, Mechanics all don't just happen they have to work for it as well

That is exactly my point, in the end, no matter what rank or title you've achieved, or earned, people still lie, everybody has an agenda.

Everybody deserves the same level of trust, but the general public and the courts tend to believe somebody with "power", over somebody who doesn't.

It's a sad fact. I don't think it's right, and I don't expect to be trusted over a mechanic or a doctor or a kid working a McDonalds.

Last edited:
ibtl_2.gif

That is exactly my point, in the end, no matter what rank or title you've achieved, or earned, people still lie, everybody has an agenda.

Everybody deserves the same level of trust.

Then take the high road and stop trying to use your badge to buy stuff the other people down there can't.

YES as a matter of fact my name is Ryan, I did do that, a while ago for airsoft, the site doesn't even exist even more.

So what are you trying to say?

and I'm not the co founder, I was the Founder.

so tell me, why is my age an issue?

Excuse me?
How am I a troll? I can't be on the internet?

Are you a law enforcement officer of any kind? (In real life, not on Minecraft.)

(And working loss prevention at Roche Brothers doesn't count.)

YES as a matter of fact my name is Ryan, I did do that, a while ago for airsoft, the site doesn't even exist even more.

So what are you trying to say?

You'll be glad to know airsoft suppressors are in fact legal in MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom