State Police Armored Vehicle

I live in Haverhill, where we have this lovely "Video Surveillance Unit" that the PD likes to park in random places and neighborhoods to intimidate people.

Seems a bit excessively tactical and overly armored for "video surveillance." They have cameras the size of a nail that can do that for you now... VSU.jpg VSU2.jpg VSU3.png

Also, back in my younger days, when I still lived back home in San Jose, CA, I used to spend a lot of time in a suburb called Campbell.

Campbell was one of those towns where nothing happens, where every traffic stop becomes a five patrol car affair because the PD has nothing else to do, where backup arrived in a timely fashion for a jaywalker. There was zero real crime or threat to police in Campbell, but they had this "rescue vehicle." Looks to me like an M706 Cadillac Gage Commando...

3092552747_9904268f16_b.jpg

... when I still lived back home in San Jose, CA, I used to spend a lot of time in a suburb called Campbell.

... There was zero real crime or threat to police in Campbell, but they had this "rescue vehicle." Looks to me like an M706 Cadillac Gage Commando...

That thing looks like it's one Ozark mutual-aid deployment away from a Tragic Boating Accident,
sigh.

So much for posse comitatus.

Meh, all the cop haters should be happy to see more of these. They spend more time in the garage than actually running.

Full sized Humvees are in the same boat. What pieces of garbage, unless you have a maintenance brigade following you to keep them running. I drove one for a year, the AC didn't work in the summer and the heater quit in the Maine winter.

Its interesting that they will not sell or even allow access to a marketing brochure to the general public.

"To protect the security of our customers, all product information and brochures are password protected and only available to Authorized Law Enforcement and Government Personnel and Government Agencies. Individuals with Secure Log-In credentials will have access to Lenco’s proprietary Vehicle Builder as well as enhanced photo galleries, video archives, and extended product & company information. If you are a qualified individual, please contact Lenco for more information."

I bet if you had enough cash (lottery winner) they'd talk to you...

Meh, all the cop haters should be happy to see more of these. They spend more time in the garage than actually running.

Full sized Humvees are in the same boat. What pieces of garbage, unless you have a maintenance brigade following you to keep them running. I drove one for a year, the AC didn't work in the summer and the heater quit in the Maine winter.
Cop haters?

On the Auburn School website:

View: https://www.facebook.com/auburnps/photos/pcb.2339254766090025/2339253779423457/?type=3&theater

43199503_2339253786090123_5508837143906091008_n.jpg

They roll this out to salem every year for Halloween.

Last year, one of the NEMLEC heroes had more mags on his vest than an infantry Marine carried in Afghanistan.

My BIL was in the air cav in Vietnam. He later carried mail on the north shore. He once had a chance to tour the armory of a police force in a sleepy northshore town. He said the armory was bigger than his units in Vietnam.

Cape Cod Swat has one of these and it is always at the Fathers Day car show in Hyannis. The turret has a machined toothed ring just right to easily drop a Ma Duce or a TOW into it. I bet they have those available for SHTF times. Plus there is that big foldable ram for driving through people’s homes.

I have no doubt they will use these machines for confiscation when the time comes. They do, however appear to be vulnerable to Molotov cocktails, so perhaps there is hope.

I love those trucks. If I could afford one I would buy one just for fun.

During New Years, in South Beach, they had one set up to block the street for crowd control.

The hot South Beach models were posing on it.

I can see how Lenco does not want to sell them to civilians.
They could be used by terrorists.

Cape Cod Swat has one of these and it is always at the Fathers Day car show in Hyannis. The turret has a machined toothed ring just right to easily drop a Ma Duce or a TOW into it. I bet they have those available for SHTF times. Plus there is that big foldable ram for driving through people’s homes.

I have no doubt they will use these machines for confiscation when the time comes. They do, however appear to be vulnerable to Molotov cocktails, so perhaps there is hope.

An episode of "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home"
MV5BZjdkY2NiNzUtZTlmOS00ZDMzLThjODctYzQ4Yzc5NTQyOTc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

has the Birchers from the neighborhood watch
stop by to ask Harry if he wants to help them
build tank traps on the Interstate off-ramps.

Tank traps?

Yeah, we remove the pavement,
dig a pit,
put boards over it,
and put the pavement back.

Cars go over them just fine,
but wait until the Russkies try and invade...

I find those Bearcats critically flawed. One can walk by the passenger side with a walking stick with a spike or even a good golf umbrella and ko the oil filter from three feet away.

Something that important shouldn't be completely exposed.

I find those Bearcats critically flawed. One can walk by the passenger side with a walking stick with a spike or even a good golf umbrella and ko the oil filter from three feet away.

Something that important shouldn't be completely exposed.
Good point but the machine guns keep the riff riff away.

Back
Top Bottom