State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
Got it : http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...on-governor/RAdC20pc3I62Rqe3x4aghK/story.html

"Mike C. Follo, 38, a gun owner for most of his life, started hunting at the age of 12. He is the lead firearms instructor at Down Zero Training, a firearms school based in Shrewsbury.

‘Now is our time to stand, for our future and for future generations.’

Quote Icon

“Now is our time to stand, for our future and for future generations,” he said, drawing applause from the crowd.

Follo said the tragic school shooting at Newtown, Conn., has caused a backlash against gun ownership that is unwarranted.

“It’s time when the infringement . . . [is] getting to a level where we have to stand up now, there is no more sitting on the sidelines and hoping for someone else to stand up for you. There was a tragic event that happened, two events, and it triggers a big backlash against law-abiding people. They try to take my gun every time somebody does something stupid with a gun.”

Follo said the school’s enrollment has dramatically increased recently.

“People want to get things before they are banned,” he said."

It was a good day for sure. Was great seeing such a crowd. Now let's get one organized on the front steps of Deval's house!!!

Last edited:
It was a good day for sure. Was great seeing such a crowd. Now let's get one organized on the front steps of Deval's house!!!

We might have a tough time getting a permit for that venue. [laugh] But I agree with you, that it would be nice to take our numbers right to the moonbats. I would love to have a thousand of us show up at the office of that Newton clam Lansky. He is batshit crazy with zero regard for facts. I think he is exactly who Freud was talking about with his famous quote

Enjoyed being there. Never had I had such and easy time wading thru the crowd(?).
BUT, I do you think there should have been more people there.

Only got a few semi-decent pics:

19Jan13Rally02_zpse88e8550.jpg

19Jan13Rally01_zpsd5e651c1.jpg

19Jan13Rally03_zpsafb24c57.jpg

GOAL's write up of the rally including pics.

http://goal.org/newspages/january-19-rally-boston.html

Cool, I am in the first pic on GOAL's website. With NES member vicpinto and some buddies who care about our 2a rights.

This morning it was my turn to take the kids to Church and CCD. On the way, my 9 year old daughter asked me why I went to yesterdays rally. You see, I told her I would go with her to sell Girl scout cookies in front of Lowes Saturday. I told her I went to protect her rights, so that in the future she still had the same rights that I did, and hopefully her children too. We pulled up to the church and the kids got out and my 12 year old son said "Thanks Dad, you are pretty cool" - That meant more to me than anything else.

My wife went to sell cookies. On Friday, I called my buddy to ask him if he was going. He said he would like too but one of his daughters had a church event that he had to attend. That night, he called me and said that his wife told him he had to go to the State House. He agreed to drive and when he picked me up he had three other guys in the vehicle and wasn't I surprised to find that one of them was our own NES member tpacheco.

We are gathering strength, we are gathering numbers. You could feel it yesterday on the steps of Beacon Hill. We need to keep it up

Last edited:
I, too, was honored to stand next to all who attended the rally. It was my first political rally but it won't be my last. What I liked most was the phrase that was used..."Come out of the gun safe"...during one gentleman's speech.

He is absolutely correct. We need to keep showing ourselves for who we really are...mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, professionals, blue collar, etc. We need to put a positive face on gun ownership and rid society of the negative stereotype that is put upon us. We must continue to stand proudly together.

Some great pics, I wish I had listened to you and NOT read the comments.....telling me not too just made me want too......what a mistake lol
I always leave comments for the moonbats before I leave the site.

I should have listened, I should...have...listened.....
Did you leave a comment ?

I was so moved hearing it that I took the liberty of posting it to ar15.com so as many people would see it as possible and incredibly someone from Wisconsin I only know through a motorcycle forum posted it to facebook a couple hours later! Amazing,never knew him as an RKBA guy even!
I'm sorry I didn't get there until 1:30 and wasn't too social and my body is telling me I should've spent the day in bed but my heart hasn't felt so good in ages.I've never thought I'd actually stand in front of the State House and be a proud gun owner in MA,it's something else and thanks again everyone.
Glad you made the effort to even come. Wish everyone that could have made it would have made the same effort.

A few friends have asked me this and my SWAG is that probably 70%+ were armed. It was the first time I actually used the "tuckable" functionality of my M-TAC under a pinstripe Oxford. My kids said you couldn't have seen it even if I hadn't worn a coat!

On a less frivolous note, I was moved and honored to stand among such passionate compatriots (fittingly) at the start of the Freedom Trail. As has been noted, we are not going away... This is just the beginning!

I had mine in a tuckable as well. I generally don't use it that way since it is very slow to get at - but yesterday was special and I wanted to be very concealed yet armed.

I was also very very moved by the turnout and the professionalism of everyone that showed up. I intend to participate in any way that I can to stop the gun grabbing anti constitutionalists from making us all criminals.

One thing that struck me was that I need to do more research on the founding fathers, their reasoning for why they did what they did with the bill of rights - one because it is fascinating hearing it from people that spoke yesterday, and two to be able to give actual rebuttal to some of the liberal/progressive rhetoric I keep hearing.

Awesome job guys - now whats next?

Back
Top Bottom