• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
We must send a message to Washington that if the president must have protection so must we, can he afford to protect all of us from criminals why is he more important then us, is he King, a prince. No he was appointed by us so he has to listen not to a select few but to all of the people of this Nation if not we should impeach him he is not a KING! but appointed to represent us!

Last edited:
If we can carpool it can save everyone money. I can 4 people plus myself in the 4Runner.

I think we should finalize decisions on signs by Monday. That will give us time to get them made. Basically, make a list and let people pick one to make. I want this to be organized so no double tapping on signs.

If anyone can make flyers and has the time to hand them out that would be excellent. PM me if you can handle this aspect.

I have to say I am proud of the amount of positivity here and the flow of ideas. Keep up the good work everyone.

My letter to Jim Wallace @ GOAL:

Hello Mr. Wallace,

I am writing you in regard to the upcoming rallies at State Capitols across our nation. I am specifically referring to the gathering in Boston, MA. I have not heard of an official response from your organization on the matter. As one of the most respected 2a organizations in MA, I believe your stance holds significant weight. I have done my part by organizing a Facebook page: The 2a Movement. I am a lone concerned citizen, but I will do my part. If you could take the time, I would appreciate any input you have to offer. With your support, I believe we can really help educate the public at large concerning possible firearms legislation and its negative impacts on our freedoms.

Thank You,
Shaun Sweeney

My letter to Brent Carlton @ Comm2a:

Hello Mr. Carlton,

I am writing you in regard to the upcoming rallies at State Capitols across our nation. I am specifically referring to the gathering in Boston, MA. I have not heard of an official response from your organization on the matter. I understand your organization is generally involved more on the legal side of these issues, however, I believe your stance holds significant weight. I have done my part by organizing a Facebook page: The 2a Movement. I am a lone concerned citizen, but I will do my part. If there is any advice, legal or otherwise, it would be greatly appreciated. With your support, I believe we can help educate the public at large concerning possible firearms legislation and its negative impact on our freedoms.

Thank You,
Shaun Sweeney

This...

BTW, who picked the 19th? Geez man, give us a little time. [wink][/QUO

Most city andState gov'ts have already begun getting legislation in place for gun bans. Obama is getting his report form Biden Tuesday and has promised action before the end of the month. A rally in March won't do much good if a bill is passed in Feb...

Word is spreading like wild fire. People are starting to wake up. here are some ideas on where you can help spread the message:

Forums (any you partake in)
Facebook, Instagram, MySpace, Twitter (Any Social Media)
Email Contacts
Word of Mouth
Local Sportsman Clubs/Firing Ranges/Gun Shops

Post your ideas on places where we can spread the word!

You'll do yourself - all of us a lot more good if we move in force, as a LARGE group instead as 5 idiots showing up on the wrong day because some guy on YouTube, with a handful of followers told them to.

First off, Exactly how big is this "LARGE" group of yours? This is a national event. Which is going to have more impact, a national event or a bunch of guys from a local forum.
Second, nutnfancy has a pretty big following with his videos and has for some time now. (have you ever actually watched any of his videos? I have, They are pretty good)
Third, He is not even the promoter, he's just helping to spread the word, because he has a large group of fans.
Fourth, Time is of the essence. Our adversaries have got things in the works as we speak.

And We're the idiots?

Fourth, Time is of the essence. Our adversaries have got things in the works as we speak.

And We're the idiots?

Seriously, whose idea was it to wait a month or more to mobilize? That sounds like what happens when your opposition influences what you're movement does. Do not assume the other side hasn't infiltrated and compromised every forum, group, and internet sounding board. Viral marketing was invented by cheezy liberals.

The opposition has no compunctions about pretending to represent us, to our own demise, of course.

Last edited:
skip boston, where you are hamstringed from the getgo. Instead, drive up to concord, dress well and bring your rifles to join me and mine. Send a message...

Boston, most of all, needs a strong showing. This state (among a couple others) have been incubators for all these restrictive laws they want to spread across the nation.

You aren't thinking rationally if you believe a neutered demonstration, without even neutered rifles, in a state with folks too afraid to let a glimpse of their neutered pistols show lest their masters neuter their rights a little more is going to mean anything if you intend the message to be "don't eff with our rights".

that's 8000 nationwide, right? not a ton different when scaled down to one state.

Divided by fifty it works out to 160 per state not taking into account the different populations of the states, but they're confirmed going. The 130 likes for the 19th doesn't mean anyone is actually committing to going. I think a Friday rally will have more impact than a Saturday rally. Also, the 19th is only a week away. The rally for February 8th has plenty of time to grow.

You aren't thinking rationally if you believe a neutered demonstration, without even neutered rifles, in a state with folks too afraid to let a glimpse of their neutered pistols show lest their masters neuter their rights a little more is going to mean anything if you intend the message to be "don't eff with our rights".

How would going up to Concord (I assume you mean Concord NH) help the cause in Massachusetts?

I'll be there (MA).

Any suggestions on parking?

Should I look into making sign(s)?

Personally when I was down there last, I went to this place.

http://boston.centralparking.com/Boston-17-West-Street-Parking.html

Theres this one too:

http://boston.centralparking.com/Boston-Boston-Common-Garage-Zero-Charles-Street-Parking.html

http://boston.centralparking.com/ has a full list. I live in western mass, so paying to park isn't something I really ever do, so I haven't the slightest idea what the "going rate" is, and for the few times I ever have to pay in Boston, the prices there didn't bother me.

I'm in, will be bringing a few others.

Suggestion to OP, update first post in the manner of a group buy thread with confirmed attendees.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we should all dress professionally and bring a tasteful and factually correct sign.

THIS

The event on Facebook for Saturday the 19th has 130 likes. However, the event planned for Friday February 8th has almost 100,000 invites, and almost 8000 confirmed going. I'll be in Concord, NH on the 8th. https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/?ref=2

I have seen the info for the Jan 19 event posted on every forum I visit (several) The only place I have seen the Feb date info posted was here. Also why give them another month head start on us?

Back
Top Bottom