Stand Off in Bellingham ***Updated***

NES Member
There is a standoff going on right down the street from me right now S.W.A.T. just arrived. Armed male with glasses. I'll keep ya posted.

I was about ready to put on all my elite tactical gear and see if I could help the SWAT team out.Next time I will need 24 Hrs advance notice of any local hostage situations so I can run a poll on arfcom to see which rounds would work best.After 12 pages and a lock I should come up with a viable ammo solution.

Oh well,maybe next time.

Moderator said:
The News just said Bomb Making materials were found.

Oooooooh! Bomb making materials. How scary!

I doubt that there's a house in this state that doesn't have enough "bomb making materials" in it to make that headline unarguably true, not to mention blowing the WHDH news van into the next town. I hear that they discovered huge amounts of "bomb making" materials on Carl Drega's farm. What a surprise! A farm with diesel fuel and fertilizer; must be a real right-wing wacko there. If they come back and tell me that they verified something like PETN or RDX I'll take them a bit more seriously, but until then ... Yawn.

Ken

Re: StandOff in Bellingham

Moderator said:
There is a standoff going on right down the street from me right now S.W.A.T. just arrived. Armed male with glasses. I'll keep ya posted.

I was the handsome paramedic in black. We cleared the scene before any "bomb making" materials were found

Re: StandOff in Bellingham

swatmedic said:
Moderator said:

I was the handsome paramedic in black. We cleared the scene before any "bomb making" materials were found

Well, give us the skinny, it brings back memories.

Well, if I'm to take the most recent snooze report as accurate, they might be able to charge the guy with being in the woods in his underwear (assuming that this is a crime in Massachusetts, perhaps under some blue law still on the books). They report that they didn't find any explosives at the guy's apartment, which leave only the blasting caps, which were in the girlfriend's possession, not his. Maybe they can get him for picking his toes in Poughkeepsie.

Ken

Okay...there's nothing there saying it's against the law to have blasting caps, so...is there? All they have is the g-friends word they were his. Any chance that the g-friend got teed off at him and did this to get him into trouble? Maybe running around in his undies is a bit odd, but I didn't see anything where they found he broke any laws.

And there probably is some kind of ancient law on the books Ken, after all, this is NE and the puritans ran amuck here, remember? :D

Oh, I figured that there was probably some against it; I just wasn't sure whether it applied all the time or only on Sundays. :? :?

Ken

Update from an old story

http://www.milforddailynews.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=99124
WORCESTER -- A retired chemist and Vietnam War veteran who was arrested last year after threatening to set off a bomb at a Bellingham condo complex pleaded guilty yesterday to several charges in Worcester District Court.

Carl Krihwan, 63, formerly of 132 Bellwood Circle, Bellingham, received two years probation for possession of a hoax device and substance, Bellingham Detective Sgt. Richard Perry said.

As part of his probation, Krihwan, whom Perry said now lives in a veterans' shelter in Worcester, must receive regular mental health evaluations.

"We're very happy that we got what we felt was a very reasonable disposition," Perry said. Police had expected Krihwan's case to go to trial, but he accepted a plea bargain yesterday, Perry said.

Krihwan also pleaded guilty to one count of failing to secure a firearm, and one count of possession of a firearm without a license, Perry said. Krihwan has already served 70 days in the House of Correction, which was the penalty for those charges, Perry said.

Krihwan was arrested July 2, 2005, in the woods outside the Bellwood Town House Condominiums. Police had evacuated the 130 condominiums after Krihwan's girlfriend reported the retired chemist said, "You know what would happen if I were to mix some of these materials together and place them under your car or my ex-wife's trailer?"

The woman, whose name police had withheld because she was an alleged victim, said she feared Krihwan had booby-trapped their home. She gave police blasting caps, chemical substances and Internet printouts about electric detonators. This prompted the State Police Bomb Squad to evacuate the Bellingham Police Station and Domino's Pizza next door out of concern over the materials his girlfriend turned over earlier in the day.

Police said the bomb squad and regional SWAT team found devices and chemicals in the condominiums and woods where Krihwan hid before his arrest.

"It caused us a lot of grief," Perry said. "We found everything that was needed to put together a significant bomb."

Krihwan's son, John Krihwan, of New Jersey, said last year that his father took medication for post-traumatic stress disorder, and was an Army veteran of the Vietnam War. He called the incident last year "a big misunderstanding that got out of control."

Krihwan also pleaded guilty to one count of failing to secure a firearm, and one count of possession of a firearm without a license, Perry said. Krihwan has already served 70 days in the House of Correction, which was the penalty for those charges, Perry said.

REALLY??

Someone ought to tell all those legistraitors!!

Tough on crime, my ass!

Jeeze BJ i quickly looked at the header for this post and nearly shit. I thought you meant the standoff was today, that would mean that I missed a call out.

Back
Top Bottom