Squirrel Hunting Tip: West Meadowns, Bridgewater

J

JellyFish

Got a recommendation from a guy down in Norton today that West Meadow WMA in Bridgewater has a lot of fat, juicy squirrels. I haven't been down there yet to see but I wanted to pass on the tip here for any one interested in going down there.

Apparently there's not much pheasant down there so if you're a bird hunter The Wilder WMA in Norton is probably a better bet.

Anyway, FYI. [grin]

Aw, heck, JF, if you want a fat, juicy squirrel, just go to the Maplewood Cemetery in Marlboro. I have a friend who's back yard abuts the cemetery who puts out corn for the squirrels to keep them away from her bird feeders!

I'd use an air rifle for them, though... I don't think you can get 500 feet away from ANYONE's house there! [smile]

Mmmm - cornfed.

I've got a fat little f@&#er that eats teh hell out of my rose bushes every year... problem is... my neighbors house is just on the other side of the bushes... so I can't shoot him [angry] Although... I was able to take a few shots at him with the paintball gun in the back yard... just missed him every time though... Need a pellet rifle...

Did I wonder off topic?

Oh yeah... I had a point to reach here... is there a specific season for squirrels? And, what do you use to hunt them with? I only ask cause I'm buying my buddies 410 in a couple of weeks.

FORGET THIS PLACE, IT'S A SHITHOLE!!!!!!!

I went down there and it's nasty. Trash all over the place, it's clearly a teenie bopper hang out. Ugh. I had no trash bag so I couldn't even start picking up all the crap. but there was way too much for one bag so I would have had to have a lot more. [angry]

Very nasty experience. I saw one squirrel but did not have time to take a shot at him as I was muttering to myself about all the damn trash all over the place. [sad2]

I did, however, find a pumpkin that apparently some of the teeny boppers had left out. I promptly blew it away with my shotgun. It was a pleasure to send it to Jesus for judgement. [laugh]

I don't recommend going down there. It's quite dispiriting to see tires, beer cans, wrappers and other crap all over the place. I didn't feel like I was in a forest, I felt like I was in a junkyard!!!!!!! [angry]

Back
Top Bottom