SPRINT OR VERIZON?

Ugh....I just feel like they have me by the balls! I want to add my daughter to my plan but it will cost me a ton more. Keep the replies coming.!!

They do have you by the balls.if you have them for everything then sometimes you can negotiate a better price. Tell them you are thinking of moving to another carrier. If one person says no, call another and talk to someone else.

Been with Sprint for 10+ years and the service is getting better and better. No issues and works in Lakes Region NH as well

Not all of it. As of this summer it was terrible in Freedom and on the way to Conway. It's getting better but nothing like Verizon up there.

Last edited:
Sprint signal is no where near as good as Verizon. Even in major metropolitan areas Sprint has a lot of dead spots. Depending on what your daughter needs for service, you might want to consider one of the resellers like Metro, Cricket, or Page Plus . Most of them sell last generation hardware or allow you to bring your own. You just have find one that uses the Verizon net.

Also, I've had far better service going to Wireless Zone for phones, insurance, and tech support. They are an authorized Verizon reseller, but their employees are much smarter and nicer than Verizon employees.

- - - Updated - - -

A former co worker went from Verizon to Page Plus and was very happy with it. I'm going to look at it next time my contract is up.

Anyone got any experience with Page Plus or other Verizon prepaids?

I have Sprint through work and Verizon for my personal phone. Lots of dead spots with Sprint, but it has gotten better in the last year or so. Would still recommend Verizon, though.

It really comes down to what works best where you plan to be...

I think this is key! Nothing else matters if you don't have signal where you live/work/need to be.

I live (and have my home office) in a town that basically prohibits cell towers. Lately they have relented some if the tower is installed on town property (so the town gets the revenue), but refuse to permit them on privately owned property.

That said, I've had most of the big dogs . . . started with Cellular One, then Verizon, AT&T and finally Sprint. Had absolutely no signal at my home from anyone but Sprint and after Sprint sued the town in USDC, a tower was built close enough to me to make a huge difference.

Financially, nobody except Sprint ever offered me any money off upgrades, I paid their full retail each time I upgraded prior to Sprint. Sprint also gives us 23% off the basic service . . . available for anyone in the medical business/working for a hospital. I never was aware of any similar discounts from any of the other big dogs.

It was years ago but when visiting with a friend in Sunapee, NH neither AT&T or Sprint had any signal. Franconia Notch area was mostly dead on Sprint a couple of years ago. A number of years ago anywhere outside of Downtown North Conway (in that area) was dead on AT&T. No problems with Sprint around Concord, Manchester or Nashua NH areas. Sprint also was solid in the Miami-Boynton Beach FL area. In this area I've noticed an improvement in signal strength and more LTE with Sprint over the past 6 months or so.

I've now been with Sprint since 2003 and have unlimited data and unlimited minutes. As long as I don't have to deal with their customer service, I am happy with their service. When I upgrade my phones every ~2 years I do it at Sam's Club by waiting for one of their special sales.

I will admit that Verizon has the absolute best coverage.

Verizon has best coverage throughout the US with AT&T a very close second. Sprint is crap. TMobile is crap. The only real choices are AT&T or Verizon in terms of infrastructure. AT&T is GSM so works in most countries. Verizon is CDMA which means mostly US and a few other places. For me that is the decision point so I have AT&T. Work does both with AT&T by default and Verizon if someone lives in a place with weak AT&T coverage. That is a pretty small number.

Most smart phones have CDMA and GSM support now so you can use your Verizon phone with a sim card outside the US. Nothing has compelled me to switch.

Sprint is great with giving lots of data. Terrible with coverage.

Avoid. If price is an issue use Wal-Mart talk or something

Back
Top Bottom