• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield MA area meetup ON 9/10/21 AT Hampden House discussion inside

Better date ? 3rd or 10th?

• 3rd

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 10th

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

413dan

NES Member
it is time. great fun last outing, per usual, let's again. IT'S ON 9/10/21 AFTER Along Labor Day weekend shenanigans, how about seeing some fellow NES'rs?

thoughts, ins, questions or general kerfuffle...ensue

HAPPENING 9/10/21. PLACE-

la cucina di hampden house. 1 allen street hampden ma 01036. Reservation made. A couple members in this thread already alluded to this place. I have heard good things Word of mouth about this place, so it has been chosen. I tentatively made the reservation for 6 PM, under Dan or NES. I did not get us our own private room but we will have seating all together.
Hopefully some of you can make it. Would be nice to see everyone again, and maybe a new face or two too!

Updating OP and title

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm allowed out West...
or, was it playgrounds...?
View attachment 510914
I was just thinking of this today.

Art imitates life.
As does the criminal culture - so does the hip hop culture.

It is fashionable to wear hats with security tags because it makes you look you you just stole it - which gives you street cred.

How about buying an ankle bracelet and walking around with it just so you look like a seasoned thug?

I wonder if any hip hop fashion folks ever though to market mock ankle bracelets?

Can use it as a Walkman (ipod).
Yes, if we give it bluetooth.

A was watching a documentary on rap in the 1980's and 90's.

The drug dealers wanted to be rappers and the rappers wanted to be drug dealers.

All the cool kids had pagers.

I was living the dream back then with the ultimate fashion accessory...

I actually had a large mobile telephone.
I borrowed it from an actual cell phone shop.
It was a "dummy" phone but looked real.

I used to carry it around Philadelphia as a teen to show status and as a social experiment.

It would attract girls like flies because they all though I was a high roller.

Just like the rap videos.

In this day and age, the ultimate status symbol is an iPhone 12 and an Apple watch.

Or course a Glock 19, as well. But, you can't actually show that in public.

But on facebook, all the cool kids have Glocks.

Sorry for the thread drift!

Back on topic!!!

I hope we can have another gathering, soon.

Everyone knows that Boston isn’t the "Center of the Universe", it’s the “Hub of the Universe” (an expansion of Oliver Wendell Holmes’s original “Hub of the Solar System”). Hence the sobriquet “The Hub”.

There are other thoughts on Boston's place in the universe:

1ngb11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom