Springfield Armory M1A Synthetic Stocks

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone here have some first-hand experience with the synthetic stocks that SA sells with some of their rifles? Are they any good?

the factory M1a stocks are garbage. they do better with their wood stocks, but a USGI fiberglass stock or an aftermarket stock is superior. they don't use the metal liner on their plastic stock

factory stocks are kind of flimsy. you can get USGI fiberglass m14 stocks for dirt cheap online thats what i did on my scout.

factory stocks are kind of flimsy. you can get USGI fiberglass m14 stocks for dirt cheap online thats what i did on my scout.

Did I tell you that I picked up that one on GB that you pointed out to me the last time I brought up this subject?

Does anyone here have some first-hand experience with the synthetic stocks that SA sells with some of their rifles? Are they any good?

I have one on my M1A loaded.

It's lighter than the wood, and it's great for competitions. But if you're looking for the GI style, you probably won't be a fan. For me, it'll never be a legit M14 so I DFC.

It works well but I am not as satisfied with the color as I had hoped. It's not a bad color tho.

It looks like it was manufactured without the cutout.

added: If you realized the depth of my lack of mechanical skills, you might understand why I am trying to find a ready-made black stock.

It looks like it was manufactured without the cutout.

added: If you realized the depth of my lack of mechanical skills, you might understand why I am trying to find a ready-made black stock.

can you post a picture of it?

Here it is. If you want any close-ups, please let me know.

IMG_0487_zpsdb2e1758.jpg

Back
Top Bottom