Archangel Stock for M1A / M14

I just received this stock for my M1A in OD green yesterday. It took some fiddling to get the trigger group to lock in to the receiver, but I didnt have to remove any material to get it to fit. It is a very tight tolerance fit, but that is intentional. Overall, I'm really pleased with it.

The cheek weld and LOP are adjustable, it has a storage compartment in the grip to hold stuff. I think it will hold my boresnake, but thats about it. The integrated picatinny rail is nice. The polymer they have used is great, I'd say its close to what is used by Magpul. I'm not too fond of the contoured grip, but I can easily fix that with some gauze and athletic tape.

It came with a piece of plastic which I believe is able to be installed for places that have iffy rules as to what constitutes a pistol grip. I kind of like it and probably will install it anyway. It will give the heel of my hand something to rest against.

I have a walnut stock for it as well, but didnt like the angle I had to keep my hand and wrist at while bench shooting it.

Overall I'd say its a great deal, and dollar for dollar just as good as anything else out there. Its a little heavier than the wood stock, but I'm not overly concerned about weight.

It took me forever to find it in OD. They are available in black and tan as well, but I have enough black rifles and dont live near the desert. I'm writing this from work, so I dont have any pics. I wanted to get something started about the stock though in case anyone is currently looking for one.

Here is a quick phone shot I took over the weekend. I cant find any green paint to match up with the stock, so I'll just paint the handguard black. I think I'm going to drill some vent holes in it first though.

Attachments

• 20150529_171450[1].jpg
    20150529_171450[1].jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 60
Have you had a chance to shoot it yet. Did your zero or accuracy change at all from the stock swap?

No, I didnt have a chance to go out this past weekend. The club was hosting an event that closed the rifle range. Hopefully this weekend, or maybe one day after work this week. Its definitely tighter in this stock than my Boyd's walnut stock it came with. I can close the trigger guard fairly easy on the wood stock.

I'd be interesting to read about your accuracy afterwards. I have one on a Mosin M44 and like the look, feel and functionality. Though on an M1A it's an entirely different animal.

I tried out the rifle with the new stock today after work. The recoil is probably half now..about what an AR15 would be. I don't think it makes shooting any more accurate, but the ergonomics are great.

I tried out the rifle with the new stock today after work. The recoil is probably half now..about what an AR15 would be. I don't think it makes shooting any more accurate, but the ergonomics are great.

How does it reduce recoil ? Is it much heavier than your old stock. figure about 10ftlbs of energy for 308?

My walnut stock doesnt have any recoil pad. I dont mind the recoil from it. The new stock has a rubberized recoil pad and it does a fantastic job of absorbing the shock. The adjustment wheels provide for a very tight adjustment; no slop or wiggle at all.

I'm very happy with the stock, and for the money cant seem to find a good reason to spend any more on one. I'll probably take some more time working with getting it adjusted to my liking which may in turn contribute to a slight increase in accuracy. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a new stock for any reason. AA makes a lot of these for different rifles, but the overall shape and design looks the same for most models.

Back
Top Bottom