• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Teach Me About Magpul MOE vs CTR Stocks

mu2bdriver

NES Member
I've only used A4 stocks and I'm looking to go fancy with either the MOE or CTR stock next. After looking on Mapgul's site, they look virtually identical to me. Pros, cons, recommendations outside of those two are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

CTR looks to have a clamp towards the front to help stabilize the stock and eliminate some of the “slop”.
I went with an STR recently for the flatter bottom to better sit on a small rear bag and it has the clamp. I like it so far, but a bit pricey in relation to your listed choices.

Assuming you specifically mean moe-sl for a fair comparison. They’re pretty much the same. The moe-sl just uses leaf springs instead of the friction lock and less space for things to snag on.

If you’re looking for something with a similar cheekweld and angled rear, I would choose a bcm stock over either of those. Similar to the two magpul options but costs slightly less and I think it feels sturdier.

MTR have numerous clones, first of all, and it gets cheaper. as cheap as $30 for stock and tube/spring buffer assembly.
also, to be MA compliant, most MTR can simply have one single pin depressed to be set into position. if you need to move it, you can tap it back into place. not sure if CTR has same design, did not try it.

Back
Top Bottom