Sportsman's Guide

Here's a new low for the most recent catalog!! Page 62 at the very bottom, restricted to Ma, ear protection insert type earplug's!!!! And I thought the Garand sling's, first aid kit(I guess because it has a scalpel in it), and steel tipped boots was crazy enough, but these people have lost control of their senses!! And the list of restricted places goes on and on,I surely won't buy from them anymore and I've been with them for over 15 yrs!!!

I used to get cases of ammo from them, but when they stopped shipping it to Mass is when I stopped buying from them. I still get the friggin' catalogs and see how far off the deep end they've gone with the BS restrictions. [frown]

I've called and written and they won't stop sending the catalogs. I just throw them away.

I soak them in water, roll them up, let them dry and use them for fire-starters...I used to love SG - especially their shooters and surplus catalogs. I even got some great deals from them way back when....It seemed however, that simultaneous to their refusal to ship pretty much anything to MA, their prices went bonkers - same with CTD. Anyone that looks at CTD ammo prices and sees anything remotely resembling a deal must be legally insane...

They charged me for a membership with my order and then told me they wouldn't ship to mass. even though there was no restrictions listed on the item. I called them and they said they would refund but took 3 months before I would get it. It never came!

I think the last time I did business with the Guide was in 1995. Then I started getting catalogs with stickers on them saying this was my last catalog if I didn't order something. Eventually, I started sending the catalog covers back to them, stating that I lost respect for them because they kept telling me each subsequent catalog was the last one, and the only way to restore my respect for them was to sever all ties with me forever.

I remember the good ole days when I bought an 1858 Remington from them for $85 and a demilled Sten gun, and an Israeli gas mask and a few other cool things.

Now the catalog just goes on the fire without opening it.

The people that run that are asses.

Sorry to say I just made my first purchase with them. Although I can find ammo cheaper some other places the SG's ammo was still cheaper then the local stores here ($8.50 for 20 rnds of 7.62x39) and I am now able to charge my purchases on my Military Star charge account. At least some soldiers may benefit from my poor judgement and desperation to get my hands on some ammo.

I also bought quite a bit from them, way back when.
Im still sitting on ammo I bought from them years ago.
They had good prices back then.
I read somewhere in the past that SG is now owned by a French company.

Cabelas isnt much better. They wouldnt even send me a box of lead balls for one of my muzzle loaders.

Retailers will not ship to Mass because they have been threatened and bullied by Mass Party Thugs.
Why blame them for being threatened with lawsuits or prosecution.
Thank your elected officials and your friends and neighbors and even yourselves for letting Mass get this way.
Like the sayimng goes, "We get the Government we deserve."
I recently bought two HK collapsible stocks and two dozen HK aluminum mags (shipped to my PA and WV addresses) and all the items were in good condition and were less than other sellors wanted for the same items; the stocks were $120.00 each and the mags were about a dollar apiece.
Yeah, some of their stuff is over priced and some stuff is junk but I've never gotten a piece from them that they would not exchange if I wasn't happy.

Retailers will not ship to Mass because they have been threatened and bullied by Mass Party Thugs.
Why blame them for being threatened with lawsuits or prosecution.
Thank your elected officials and your friends and neighbors and even yourselves for letting Mass get this way.

It's not about the things they CAN'T ship to MA, it's about the things that they WONT ship to MA.

Go through their catalog and look at all the items with the shipping restriction #1 (will not ship to MA) Not just things like 7 round 1911 or 4 round 742 Remington mags, but almost anything firearm related. Forget anything even mag related like a stripper clip or the little plastic mag loader that slips over your thumb. That stuff I could overlook, but, things like furniture, gun parts, some sights, (no AR flip-up) anything with an edge, no matter how small. I could go on and on.

Screw Them.

SportsmansGuide is pathetic.

The consent decree enema from the AG they signed was so expansive, that they can't even sell you a coffee mug that says "winchester" on it. (or maybe it isn't, but their policymakers seem to think it is. )

There are folding knives in their catalog that you can buy at any MA walmart for like $8, but sportsmansguide will not sell them to you- that's how dumb it is.

BTW, this is the 438th thread started about this company on NES. If you do a search for "sportsmansguide" you can find the other 437 or so.

-Mike

Granted, SG and CTD are the "Building 19s" of shooting and I am carefull in what I order from them but they look at what they earn from sales to places such as MA, CA, NYC and Chicago and weigh the profits against the possible costs of a legal battle with a State AG or other public office.
A company's legal counsel looks at the laws & regs created by MA or CA and
tries to guess what such minds could rule as offensive or prohibited items and issues their advice. If a company is smart they usually listen to that advice.
SG & CTD will at least sell to me and ship to another location. I have had many other companies refuse to even do business with me because the billing address on my cards is in Mass.
Mass has worked hard to get this reputation, it's earned it.

I refuse to do business with them or their sister company Cheaper Than Dirt. They gouge on prices, sell sub-standard crap marketed as "in great condition!", and rape people on shipping. To hell with them.

Sister company?

One time after wanting to buy from SG I was refused saying they couldn't ship the item to Mass and found it in CTD and they said they'd be more than happy to ship it to me.

No biggie, I'm getting an out of state mailing address and will F*&^ the Massachusetts AG anyway I can since I've been taking it for so long w/out even a thank you in the morning.

Sister company?

I think he means in attributes. Flashy marketing/hype, color catalog, etc... crappy shipping prices, etc.

CTD used to be cool, and they had a lot of REALLY good ammo deals.... not so much anymore. Their catalog is fun material to read on the crapper, but that's about it.

-Mike

I think he means in attributes. Flashy marketing/hype, color catalog, etc... crappy shipping prices, etc.

CTD used to be cool, and they had a lot of REALLY good ammo deals.... not so much anymore. Their catalog is fun material to read on the crapper, but that's about it.

-Mike

I used to keep it around for that, now it has been demoted to "straight to the recycle bin"

Back
Top Bottom