Guide To Gun Rights in your MA Towns - 2022 Post Bruen Edition

My town has additional requirements beyond the state's.

• Reference letters

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Letters of Recommendation

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Live fire / test / target

• "appointments"

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • other requirement (write brief summary)

• No. Just the basic requirements set by the state.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • East of 495

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • West (left) of 495 but East of Quabbin

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • West of Quabbin

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Just a little fun.

A couple extras about location. I wish you could ask more than 1 question per post.

I you look at page 3 of the official MA application for an LTC it asks for references, as required by your licensing authority, and the reason you are applying for the LTC/FID. I would assume you are no longer required to answer or fill in those questions however the instruction sheet clearly states that all pages must be filled out completely otherwise the application can be rejected and processing time can be extended.

In addition on the Bedford Police website they have an additional form required for renewal that you must complete if you have had any firearms lost or stolen.

Bedford MA LTC Application/Renewal

I you look at page 3 of the official MA application for an LTC it asks for references, as required by your licensing authority, and the reason you are applying for the LTC/FID. I would assume you are no longer required to answer or fill in those questions however the instruction sheet clearly states that all pages must be filled out completely otherwise the application can be rejected and processing time can be extended.

In addition on the Bedford Police website they have an additional form required for renewal that you must complete if you have had any firearms lost or stolen.

Bedford MA LTC Application/Renewal

I thought the "additional form" is just page 4 of 4, of the official MA application form?

Waltham I noticed dropped the good cause letter requirement,but still requires three letters of reference.

Back
Top Bottom