South Coast Firearms Dealers

Hi everyone - This is my first original post here on North East shooters. I just got my LTC-ALP but do not own a firearm yet. I have done a search for local dealers, but I'm looking for some heads up before I go shopping. Can anyone tell me a good dealer down here in the South Coast of MA that has a wide variety of semi-automatics and revolvers?

I would like to have an option to see many different manufacturers and sizes for both and have a feeling most shops down this way are small and might not have many options to choose... (I could be very wrong on my assumptions)

I'd like to do business locally but if I have to venture to different parts of the state I'll do that too. To me, buying your first firearm is like buying your first car.... or thats how I feel anyway.

Thanks!

Hi everyone - This is my first original post here on North East shooters. I just got my LTC-ALP but do not own a firearm yet. I have done a search for local dealers, but I'm looking for some heads up before I go shopping. Can anyone tell me a good dealer down here in the South Coast of MA that has a wide variety of semi-automatics and revolvers?

I would like to have an option to see many different manufacturers and sizes for both and have a feeling most shops down this way are small and might not have many options to choose... (I could be very wrong on my assumptions)

I'd like to do business locally but if I have to venture to different parts of the state I'll do that too. To me, buying your first firearm is like buying your first car.... or thats how I feel anyway.

Thanks!

North East Trading in Attleboro is a good one to look at revolvers, but do me a favor and try not to buy from them. Check out Zero Hour Arms in Easton or C+F Guns in Middleboro.

Where are you?? I live in SE Mass, and drove to Four Seasons to buy my first gun. I have found that most small shps are hit or miss when you're looking for something specific..

Thanks for all the quick responses. I live in New Bedford and would be willing to travel. I don't know exactly what I want, so that is why I'm looking for a place that has many different sizes and manufacturers. Middleboro is close by, maybe I'll check them out. I'd hate to special order a gun that I've never held before. I'm also looking at price point too.

Thanks for all the quick responses. I live in New Bedford and would be willing to travel. I don't know exactly what I want, so that is why I'm looking for a place that has many different sizes and manufacturers. Middleboro is close by, maybe I'll check them out. I'd hate to special order a gun that I've never held before. I'm also looking at price point too.

Ron's in S. Dartmouth is ok, very small, but a really nice guy.. He has some revolvers, and a few other things.. I am also in NB and drove to Four Seasons because of the price.. I continue to go there for their customer service.. First Defense is excellent for that reason too.. What are you looking for?? If someone local has one, you should try to shoot theirs first..

I'm looking for a mid sized .38 or 9mm. Something small enough to easily transport but something large enough that feels comfortable. I'd go with .45 too. My girlfriend is looking at revolvers. It would be nice to buy both at the same place. Do you belong to the NB gun club? I visited the Sippican Rod/Gun Club in Rochester. I really like that place.

Rons is so close, that I mind as well check it out.

I'm looking for a mid sized .38 or 9mm. Something small enough to easily transport but something large enough that feels comfortable. I'd go with .45 too. My girlfriend is looking at revolvers. It would be nice to buy both at the same place. Do you belong to the NB gun club? I visited the Sippican Rod/Gun Club in Rochester. I really like that place.

Rons is so close, that I mind as well check it out.

We belong to woodcock, and will join nb in sept. Their fee is not prorated, so if you wait until sept, you get a full year, and 3 xtra months. My husband also belongs to that indoor range in the south end, but i don't like shooting indoors.. we have an M&Pc 9mm, Glock 17, Glock 27, a ruger 9mm, a ruger sp101 .357, and a colt 1911. I haven't been to sippican yet..

I didn't know there was an indoor shooting range in the south end. I'll have to look into that. Rochester is really nice and quiet. No one is ever there except on Sunday's when they do organized trapp shooting. Sounds like I'll be going up to Four Seasons some day this week. I'll check out Ron's too, just because it is so close.

I'm in New Bedford too and belong to Sippican. You can't beat it for a quiet range all to yourself during the week. Even on the weekends its not too bad.

Check out this link for a map of gunshops in the southeast area (and everywhere else in Mass). http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...2.326062,-72.312012&spn=1.953374,4.663696&z=8

I just finished vacation this past week and visited a dozen or so shops in the eastern half of the state.

Try Ken Pacheco The Village Gunsmith in No Dartmouth. Or Strickland's in Berkley. They don't have a big selection but check them out anyway. Ken will order for you also.
The biggest selection by far is Four Seasons. If you want a road trip. Start at C&F Guns in Middleboro, then hit Zero Hour, and on up to Four Seasons.

I didn't know there was an indoor shooting range in the south end. I'll have to look into that.

Its pistol rounds only and there's no FMJ allowed. Not bad if you're shooting .22 but if you want an all around range, especially for handgun shooting, check out Sippican. The handgun range always has shooting stations and the new rule there is 1 target stand per member so even with a full house there is usually always room.

Try Ken Pacheco The Village Gunsmith in No Dartmouth. Or Strickland's in Berkley. They don't have a big selection but check them out anyway. Ken will order for you also.
The biggest selection by far is Four Seasons. If you want a road trip. Start at C&F Guns in Middleboro, then hit Zero Hour, and on up to Four Seasons.

No one has mentioned Richie's in Westport.[laugh]

Actually a good selection of guns but a lot of folks here have been rubbed the wrong way because Richie is the type of guy who likes to F' with people and have fun because its his shop, his rules, etc.
If you don't mind a little ball busting and some stories, you can get a great deal there sometimes. Its definitely worth checking out and judging for yourself.

Don't forget Collector's if you're at FS. They're no more than 10 minutes from each other.

Its pistol rounds only and there's no FMJ allowed. Not bad if you're shooting .22 but if you want an all around range, especially for handgun shooting, check out Sippican. The handgun range always has shooting stations and the new rule there is 1 target stand per member so even with a full house there is usually always room.

so what are you supposed to shoot? frangible?

Good information, guys/gals. I'll check out each one of those shops... even Richies! Ball bustin' is my forte, just as long as I don't get taken advantage of because I'm wicked green behind the ears when it comes to firearms.

Good information, guys/gals. I'll check out each one of those shops... even Richies! Ball bustin' is my forte, just as long as I don't get taken advantage of because I'm wicked green behind the ears when it comes to firearms.

No, I'm pretty sure Richie will find many other reasons to bust your cookies, not just being a newbie!!![wink][smile][laugh2]

I didn't mention Richies because I find him to be expensive.. The NB Rifle, and Revolver (indoor ) range allows .22 handgun, or rifle, or lead, or plated.. No FMJ.. My husband reloads plated rounds for our 9mm. The guy in charge told me he is trying to change that though, we will see. I always get a sore throat when I shoot indoors, so I don't go there much..
Anyone know what Sippican's membership fee is??

Don't forget Collector's if you're at FS. They're no more than 10 minutes from each other.

+1 Yes you're right about Collectors. Don't forget some are closed on Mondays. This includes I think Zero Arms, 4 Seasons and Collectors.

And no one mentioned Acushnet for a indoor range. For my money as a newbie handgunner I'd join Sippican and Acushnet. Best of both worlds

Last edited:

IIRC its around $100 for starts and $90 every year after.

Seems high but its worth it for the ride, and the club's overall laid back feel. Sunday mornings feature a kick ass breakfast and lots of good gun talk with other members who often just go there to eat and hang out. Trap is from about 10 til 12 if you want to shoot and the general range opens at 10.

Like mentioned, I'd be glad to show you and your husband around,and anyone else interested in checking out the club. We're open until 7pm for about another month or so.

I didn't mention Richies because I find him to be expensive.. The NB Rifle, and Revolver (indoor ) range allows .22 handgun, or rifle, or lead, or plated.. No FMJ.. My husband reloads plated rounds for our 9mm. The guy in charge told me he is trying to change that though, we will see. I always get a sore throat when I shoot indoors, so I don't go there much..

Do you know how much the NB Revolver and Rifle is a year? Can you bring guests? What kind of atmosphere?

Do you know how much the NB Revolver and Rifle is a year? Can you bring guests? What kind of atmosphere?

It was $75.00 +$50.00 one time initiation fee. They are not taking applications until Sept. is what Joe told me.. The atmosphere is ....we are always alone..[laugh] They have a pistol league on Tues nights, but I have never been there for that. You get an ID and key card, and go at will (before 10m) I'm not sure if I forgot anything?? You can bring one guest..

ammo cost

I'm looking for a mid sized .38 or 9mm. Something small enough to easily transport but something large enough that feels comfortable. I'd go with .45 too. <SNIP>

As it's your first centerfire and I am sure you wish to practice a lot, I think you will find 9mm ammo to be a lot cheaper than any of the others. Something to consider.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom